Suspected Russian Terrorist Detonates 'Mother of Satan' Bomb in Paris Hotel

image.png

A 26-year-old suspected terrorist, believed to be of Ukrainian-Russian origin, triggered an improvised bomb in a Paris airport hotel using the notorious "Mother of Satan" chemicals favored by Islamic State (IS) bombers. The explosion occurred at the B&B Hotel within the Charles de Gaulle Airport perimeter, the largest airport in France.

The suspect, who has not been named, suffered severe burns to his face and arms after igniting Triacetone Triperoxide (TATP) in his £80-per-night room. Despite his injuries, he was able to communicate with officers from France's domestic security service, the General Directorate of Internal Security (DGSI).

Details of the incident emerged as U.S. President Joe Biden arrived in Paris for the D-Day 80th anniversary commemorations, joining other world leaders including French President Emmanuel Macron and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The Incident and Its Context

The TATP chemicals found at the hotel are infamous for their use in previous high-profile terrorist attacks. IS suicide bombers employed them during the November 2015 Paris attacks, which killed 130 people, and the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing, which resulted in 22 deaths and over 1,000 injuries. Known as "Mother of Satan" due to its volatility, TATP has become a preferred explosive for terrorist groups like IS and Al-Qaeda.

French authorities, wary of potential Russian interference and terror attacks leading up to the 2024 Paris Olympics, were swift to respond. Initial findings revealed products and materials intended for explosive devices at the scene. "One of the improvised explosive devices exploded. The hotel had to be evacuated," a source from France's national anti-terrorist prosecutor's office told BFMTV.

The suspect, who hails from the Donbas region of Ukraine and speaks Russian, was found with bomb-making equipment and multiple passports in his luggage. He claimed that he was constructing homemade batteries for mobile phones when one exploded. This explanation did not deter anti-terrorism prosecutors from opening a formal investigation into various alleged offenses, including participation in a terrorist criminal association and possession of incendiary or explosive substances.

The explosive device found in the hotel

The Broader Implications

The incident underscores growing concerns about Russian agents plotting atrocities in Europe. Earlier, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk warned of Moscow-run agents planning acts of sabotage across the continent. In May, Tusk announced the arrest of nine individuals accused of preparing sabotage in EU member states in coordination with Russian intelligence. These detainees, hailing from Belarus, Poland, and Ukraine, were implicated in beatings, arson, and attempted arson, all allegedly conducted on behalf of Russian services. This Paris incident adds to the mounting evidence of Russian involvement in violent acts across Europe. Multiple European intelligence agencies have alerted their governments about Russia's plans for such activities.

Reactions and Security Measures

The explosion at the B&B Hotel prompted an immediate evacuation and closure of the establishment. The 2-star hotel, frequently used by British travelers, boasts 226 air-conditioned, non-smoking rooms and offers 24-hour check-in service. Its proximity to the airport makes it a convenient choice for travelers, but the recent events have cast a shadow over its reputation.

The suspect, who arrived in France "very recently" and booked the hotel room under his own name, is now recovering from his wounds and cooperating with officials. French anti-terrorism prosecutors are delving deeper into the case, exploring charges related to terrorist activities and possession of explosive materials.

A Call for Vigilance

The incident highlights the persistent threat of terrorism and the need for heightened security measures, especially in the run-up to major international events like the Paris Olympics. The use of TATP, a hallmark of IS and Al-Qaeda bombings, signals a dangerous trend that security agencies must address. UN Secretary-General António Guterres has repeatedly warned that the fight against terrorism and the protection of civilians are paramount in maintaining global security. The Paris hotel explosion serves as a stark reminder of these ongoing challenges and the importance of international cooperation in countering terrorism.

As the investigation unfolds, the focus will remain on preventing future attacks and ensuring the safety of citizens and visitors alike. The global community watches closely as French authorities work to uncover the full extent of the plot and its connections to broader terrorist activities.

Credit: Daily Telegraph 2024-06-07

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In a display of tactical and international political genius the U.S. used their black-op covert controls to order Russian forces to invade Ukraine.

Clever bunch

50 minutes ago, pegman said:

Same as what the Yanks threatened in 1962 when the USSR put nuclear missiles in Cuba. Biden knew he was baiting gangster Putin into invading Ukraine when he stated that Ukraine would be gaining NATO membership. Dumb is believing the nonsense fed to you by propaganda media like the right wing trash British tabloids, SKY NEWS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX News......... Did you not learn anything after WMD in Iraq????? Still eating Freedumb Fries????

Hmm… sounds suspiciously like what they are doing across the Taiwan Straits by supporting secession, supplying arms and training soldiers in Taiwan and the Philippines. Surely they are not trying to provoke a conflict with China? Although I have heard a few US generals stating openly that they expect war with China by next year.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, pegman said:

Same as what the Yanks threatened in 1962 when the USSR put nuclear missiles in Cuba. Biden knew he was baiting gangster Putin into invading Ukraine when he stated that Ukraine would be gaining NATO membership. Dumb is believing the nonsense fed to you by propaganda media like the right wing trash British tabloids, SKY NEWS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX News......... Did you not learn anything after WMD in Iraq????? Still eating Freedumb Fries????

So all those international media companies are wrong, and you're right. Okay. Meanwhile, I have no idea what Freedumb Fries means.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

This is a witch hunt.

The picture shows just a home-made battery pack.

This not uncommon for lithium-ion batteries to explode while charging.

You ignore the facts, black out the inconvenient truth, that doesn't fit your narrative, like most conspiracy theorists.

The suspect, who hails from the Donbas region of Ukraine and speaks Russian, was found with bomb-making equipment and multiple passports in his luggage.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

Is that the same MSM that gave us Gulf of Tonkin, WMD's in Iraq, Russia election collusion, the fake laptop story, and dozens of other hits (and wars) in the past 100 years?

Yes it is!

btw, I'm watching France24 right now: where is this story? 

Why the French channel doesn't cover events in 80 Euros 2 star hotel for backpackers?

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds very Mickey Duck sort of operation. If it was an officially sanctioned Russian operation I'd expect it to have been more professionally done.

I have my opinions on it, but I'll leave it up to others to draw their own conclusions.

Yep, smells like a clumsy NWO false flag.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds very Mickey Duck sort of operation. If it was an officially sanctioned Russian operation I'd expect it to have been more professionally done.

I have my opinions on it, but I'll leave it up to others to draw their own conclusions.

Oh I dono your guy putin slaughtered a whole airliner full of people to kill that criminal pergozin (sorry if I spelled the viscous criminal’s name wrong)that’s really sloppy if you ask me but as you say we can all draw our own conclusions ehh…

• Agree 1

Poetic justice, he will wear the memory of his misdeeds for the rest of his life.

Every time he looks in the mirror.

• Agree 1