Thailand’s Cannabis Confusion Continues

webfact

2 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

…Stress is a factor in most diseases. Therefore, recreational use is medical use.

So there is no such thing as recreational use.  Good to know. 

ROFLPMP

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

So what are all the recipients (of the one million free plants handed out by Anutin in 2002) supposed to do now?

Presumably, a lot of the people now have flourishing plants in their possession. If Anutin wasn't giving them out for recreational use, then what was it intended for? Medical use when none of these people receiving the plants were examined for medical conditions?

You give people free plants, tell them to grow them at home, and then accuse them of using it for recreational use? How does that work?

Well those plants they gave away two years ago mostly would not be alive. But I think you are right and I had the same reaction once the re-illegalization uproar began, it almost seems like entrapment on a mass scale to give away plants and then turn around several months down the road and say, "Oh and by the way, if you use those plants for fun you'll go to prison!" and getting to people to register as well, not too far away from reporting yourself as a suspect. As Phuea Thai had nothing to do with any of it I don't think they can be trusted to take responsibility and if it suits them they'd do anything regardless of how it affects anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

Well those plants they gave away two years ago mostly would not be alive. But I think you are right and I had the same reaction once the re-illegalization uproar began, it almost seems like entrapment on a mass scale to give away plants and then turn around several months down the road and say, "Oh and by the way, if you use those plants for fun you'll go to prison!" and getting to people to register as well, not too far away from reporting yourself as a suspect. As Phuea Thai had nothing to do with any of it I don't think they can be trusted to take responsibility and if it suits them they'd do anything regardless of how it affects anyone.

Those 1 million plants from 2 years ago could now be 10 million or more plants from all the clippings and cuttings. Anyway, the point was Anutin was on cooking shows in flashy print cannabis shirts and at upcountry events showing locals how to cook with it too. It seemed like a surreal rodeo. 

Anyway, yes, the ones trying to dismantle it now are not the same ones who legalized it two years ago. That is a big part of the issue.

But still, even in the land of flip-flops and U-turns, this seems like something logistically impossible to reverse given how far it's blossomed into a large and sustainable industry. It will become both a judicial and law enforcement nightmare trying to turn the clock back. Everything will return to the black market. They really should be careful what they wish for.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, wombat said:

The only confusion is happening by those that are confused.

Nothing to be confused about. Re-criminalizing cannabis will increase the market price. This will benefit the methamphetamine and alcohol industries. Great for certain cartels. Bad and more danger for individual people living in civil society. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Nothing new in this article.

As for clear regulations what could be clearer than what we have now?

Not allowed for:

Anyone under 20

Pregnant and nursing women

Smoking in public

As for youth using it - they did when it wasn't legal and will continue to do so in the future

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, anthos said:

I presume it is necessary for all signatories to include their full name, address and contact details to validate their petitioning. 

Useful information to the immigration department and probably not so for overstayers etc.?

4 hours ago, anthos said:

12 hours ago, off road pat said:

Thank you for this useful information !

all the locals I talk to refer to it as  Ganja ..     and they grow their own ..   

I still prefer the moniker..  Weed !  just "rolls"  off the tongue better

On 6/7/2024 at 6:03 PM, ChumpChange said:

So what are all the recipients (of the one million free plants handed out by Anutin in 2002) supposed to do now?

Presumably, a lot of the people now have flourishing plants in their possession. If Anutin wasn't giving them out for recreational use, then what was it intended for? Medical use when none of these people receiving the plants were examined for medical conditions?

You give people free plants, tell them to grow them at home, and then accuse them of using it for recreational use? How does that work?

I know a lot of Cops in Isaan  that are Growing it and Kratom 

• Like 1