Do Thai men get jealous we take all the hot women?

2 hours ago, proton said:

Newsflash Thai men are not interested in dark skinned tattooed Thai tarts, single mums, the unemployed or most the OP would consider attractive

...nor ex-UK massage parlour workers!

2 hours ago, connda said:
2 hours ago, proton said:

Newsflash Thai men are not interested in dark skinned tattooed Thai tarts, single mums, the unemployed or most the OP would consider attractive

Do you personally have a problem with "dark skinned" Thai women as that comment borders on overt racism.  Personally a woman's skin color isn't a factor in whether or not I consider her attractive, but then again, I'm not racist.

He did not show one iota of racism in that comment, he was stating a factual view generally held by Thai men. 

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

He may be old, flabby, and far from handsome, but a Western husband can bring a lifetime of happiness, according to a new book advising Thai women on how to meet and marry foreign men.

"Foreign Boyfriend, Foreign Husband," with chapters written by Thai women already married to "farang," or foreigners, sells a Cinderella-style dream to young Thai women hoping for a passport to a better life.

How many Thai women did you ever see reading a book?

qed

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It’s good that we get to see such posts so we are aware such people exist - it helps us understand and be more tolerant of those who aren’t very bright.

have you got a Thai wife or girlfriend? 

Are you trying to ask him, "Have you done as well as I have with my massage girl"?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

29 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

You know, for someone who supposedly has recently just arrived in SE Asia, and is supposedly getting married in the near future, plans to deliver a speech in Thai at the wedding reception, plans to build a house, purchase rental properties and farm land, plans to learn Thai in the next three months, and plans to start the application process for Thai citizenship in the near future, anyone would be forgiven for asking you the same question.

Brilliant.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are you trying to ask him, "Have you done as well as I have with my massage girl"?

Ah, my three stalkers all stalking me as usual and not actually answering the questions asked.

Liverpool Lou, Young Richard and someone who thinks he is David Hasslehoff.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Twenty years ago when that article was written, it was very popular for bar girls from rural Thailand (not just Isaan) to encourage naive foreign men to marry for the express purposes of getting them to buy land (registered in the Thai spouse's name and build houses) or as a vehicle to emigrate overseas for a better life. It was almost entirely motivated by economics (especially when there was a big age gap between the girl and the foreign husband), and as long as there was a windfall in terms of real estate and other personal property, there was little concern about whether the marriage lasted. In some cases, it was preferable for it to not last, in that it provided an opportunity to do it all over again. 

While I'm not saying how well a foreign man performed as a husband and a father was of no consequence, the mythology that foreign men are perceived more favorably than Thai men as a spouse is just that: mythology. It is a vestige of the bar girl's eternal lament: "him no good, him no have money, him beat me, him cheat on me, him drug addict...) designed to induce sympathy in the gullible mark. The "farang man make better husband and father" cliche also serves the psychological purpose of papering over the fact that in the vast majority of cases, the main motive is pecuniary.

The internet has done a lot to kill off these myths, and the number of foreign men going down the "move to rural Thailand" route has dropped off. Foreigners have become more sophisticated about land law and protecting their financial interests in real estate. They have  also become a lot more cynical and cautious about getting involved, and unlike 20 years ago, when things go belly up, they can go on on-line forums like this and pick other men's brains.

It is dumbfounding that the OP has been able to maintain his level of ignorance about Thai culture in the age of the internet.  It's good that he has been asking questions, but he has shown a consistent pattern of displaying an abysmal level of ignorance about the subtleties of Thai culture, and the authoritative tone he often adopts when sharing his "knowledge" about Thai culture is totally inappropriate.

The phrase "knows enough to be a danger to himself" comes to mind.  What the OP needs to learn is only going to come with time, and I suspect he is the type of person who will have to learn things the hard way, but for the record I will again counsel: "Slow down!" The image that pops into my mind every time the OP opens his mouth:

Unknown.jpeg.880ee133593a2f64557fa342d0744739.jpeg

I met mine in the UK.

That considered she has a more worldly view than the rural girls you refer to.

And she chose me, so I must be doing something right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Doesn't matter, you have previously (ridiculously) announced that almost all Thai women have been involved in prostitution.

No I didn’t.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

We are taller, bigger and more handsome than the Thai males and most importantly have more money.

Which results in Thai women falling over themselves trying to get a farang. They are very open to a big age gap also.

Generally speaking do the Thai men get jealous of us? Or is there enough to go around? They are promiscuous.

And do Thai men usually shun women after they have been with a farang?
Personally if I knew a girl had previous had black boyfriends I would look at this as a negative.

Western men average a bit taller than Thai males, but there are plenty of Thai males that are equal to the western average of 5'8"-5'10". We are certainly bigger, but most of that is from fat (not me lol), and Thais, although usually on the thin side, are not carrying that layer of fat like most western males are.

Attraction means just that. Some women like fat males, but most like a muscular man, like a swimmers body. As far as handsome, although I see most Asians looking quite similar in features, there are handsome males in every country, and no country has the top position on this.

Western men usually have more money, especially if you leave out the hi-so's that don't work but cheat their way through life by moving money around, are involved in illegal activities,destroy the planet by development, are into corruption or other things not so positive, and having more money is attractive to Thai women, especially if they are poor, but if they are independent, they usually prefer their own, meaning other Thais. Thai women that are the regular everyday type, meaning they work average jobs, live at home, have a kid(s), are single because of being aware of how locals treat women here, live in the country,etc, will look at western men because they see how their peers have been treated by the average Thai male, which isn't too swift. I'm leaving out farmers because farmers that are with farmers are usually okay with their lifestyle if that's all they want.

Buddhism looks at women as inferior, and that translates to treating women as secondary, a somewhat slaves, to clean, cook, take care of the kids and give them sex. If the man is loyal, they'll be okay with this, but as happens so much here, where the males leave after sex, and especially after a baby is born, a lot are tired of living this way, and seeing their peers doing the same, they hear that a western man will treat them better, which is usually true but not always, because there are some bad men everywhere. Some Thai men might not like to see us with their women, especially the prettier ones, but that's plain insecurity, and isn't just a Thai thing.

Men here are promiscuous because the court system lets them get way with not paying child support, although it is supposed to be added when a child is born. Thai men usually won't go with a Thai women after they've had kids with anyone, western or not,  unless they can get sex, because they don't care, knowing they'll be gone soon anyway.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

We are taller, bigger and more handsome than the Thai males and most importantly have more money.

Which results in Thai women falling over themselves trying to get a farang. They are very open to a big age gap also.

Have you just been to Thailand for the first time on a two week holiday in Pattaya ?

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Mostly Thais have a different taste then most of us.

202310021031099286.png

A long time ago I thought I will check out Thai soapy massage and other places where Thai guys look for girls. I didn't see many attractive girls in those places - attractive for my mind of course.

Many farangs, including me, like petite and dusky. And most Thai guys don't like that at all. So, no competition.

image.jpeg.ba54e466b77e727731be274e2942a317.jpeg

....you can always count on resident pervert OMF for the eye candy ;) 

bob.

Edited by bob smith

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How many foreign men in Thailand do you ever see reading a book?!

They exist. I am one of them and some of my friends also regularly read books.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They exist. I am one of them and some of my friends also regularly read books.

And me, I read 3-5 books a week, at home, so you won't see me doing it.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Goat or Dolf?  Or do you think they're the same guy?

I have my suspicions on that, though aDolf/BN did have me on ignore, we shall see...🤭

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Thai men don't want to be with the wh0res that go with foreigners.

Yep - you are 100% correct.  They want to be with the wh0res sex-workers that go with Thai men.  :thumbsup: Congratulations!  Very astute observation!  

Fyi.  I really detest the term "whore" as it is primarily used by Western guys who indulge in the services of sex-workers, and then afterwards, steeped in their Christian-based Westernized Guilt they strike out at the gals who serviced them by using ad-hominid attacks and vile references to refer to them while ignoring the fact that by all Western standards they themselves are nothing but "Johns."

Although from the West myself,  I've never bought into Western moralism and as such I see sex-workers for what they are:  gals leveraging human male's inclination towards promiscuity for economic gain.  Personally I can't blame them - it beats the hell out of making 300 THB a day breaking your back in a rice field or construction site, especially when you come back to your village and are able to buy land and a house for your parents out of your own earnings. 

John 👉  :angry: "I'd never have sex with a whore!"

😁 Yeah - of course you wouldn't.  You're as pure as the wind driven snow like all overly moralistic Western men. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How many foreign men in Thailand do you ever see reading a book?!

They exist.

So do Thai women who read books, but, granted, not as much as the supreme literati who litter this forum of intellectuals!                            

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I thought it was flat faced square jawed, splay toed skinny hobbit with at least one tat that the boxes for western men…

… y’know, as we’re getting into the territory of sweeping generalisations based on a minority…. 

Well - yeah!  Over time they do get there.  The process fits my 64 year old Thai wife to a tee.  :thumbsup:

Average_Asian_Women_Ageing.jpg.1cb481ec0bcf18e8e03b0ce411792dc4.jpg

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

If this was the case, most 7/11 cashiers would be hankering after any foreigner who went inside.

No - they are generally hankering after a nice Thai gal.  All of them.  Regardless of sex.  :wink: <wink; laughs>

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, South said:

Is this a wind up? Probably one of the most ignorant racist posts I've ever seen on this board.

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Personally if I knew a girl had previous had black boyfriends I would look at this as a negative.

Yeah @South.  Given the last sentence you do have a point.  That fit's my definition of overtly racist. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, connda said:

Yep - you are 100% correct.  They want to be with the wh0res sex-workers that go with Thai men.  :thumbsup: Congratulations!  Very astute observation!  

Fyi.  I really detest the term "whore" as it is primarily used by Western guys who indulge in the services of sex-workers, and then afterwards, steeped in their Christian-based Westernized Guilt they strike out at the gals who serviced them by using ad-hominid attacks and vile references to refer to them while ignoring the fact that by all Western standards they themselves are nothing but "Johns."

Although from the West myself,  I've never bought into Western moralism and as such I see sex-workers for what they are:  gals leveraging human male's inclination towards promiscuity for economic gain.  Personally I can't blame them - it beats the hell out of making 300 THB a day breaking your back in a rice field or construction site, especially when you come back to your village and are able to buy land and a house for your parents out of your own earnings. 

John 👉  :angry: "I'd never have sex with a whore!"

😁 Yeah - of course you wouldn't.  You're as pure as the wind driven snow like all overly moralistic Western men. 

Actually he's wrong. Many bar girls, or prostitutes, have boyfriends. This in response to when he said, "Thai men don't want to be with the wh0res that go with foreigners" As Bob pointed out, the definition of a whore (meaning what we go by when we look up words on Wiki or in Websters) is a woman that goes with men for money, as a prostitute. Men who are Christians and go with prostitutes are actually hypocrites if they say anything nasty about them. Yes, they are Johns.

Women who go into prostitution, subtracting the ones forced by human trafficking, have a thinking problem, usually coming from being abused as children, having an immoral mom or dad, or both, or not having a father or good male role model in their lives. Making more money selling your body is never  positive thing, no matter what they make, because it comes at a cost. To their psyche, to their kids, and to anyone associated with them, meaning how they are looked at. They might buy land, houses and cars, but behind their basks, they are despised. .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1