The Surge of Islamist Violence: Why the West Remains Silent

22 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You're the one who implied the number of murder victims due Islamist violence wasn't worrisome when compared to the large population. What is the magic number of murders before you believe it to be worrisome?

Instead of addressing your comment you deflect. 

Worrisome as in how big a problem it is? The level of concern should be based on a calculus: namely how much in the way of resources should be devoted to the issue. Is it as worrisome as other kinds of far more frequent homicides committed in these nations? Should resources devoted to preventing far more numerous classes of homicides be diverted to this issue. Would additional funds requisitioned to deal with this issue save more lives if they were expended elsewhere? How "worrisome" do you find the plight of  innocent victims of other kinds of homicide as compared to those committed by Islamists? Why is so much attention focused on this? Maybe you believe that emotionalism helps in evaluating and addressing issues. I don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Worrisome as in how big a problem it is? The level of concern should be based on a calculus: namely how much in the way of resources should be devoted to the issue. Is it as worrisome as other kinds of far more frequent homicides committed in these nations? Should resources devoted to preventing far more numerous classes of homicides be diverted to this issue. Would additional funds requisitioned to deal with this issue save more lives if they were expended elsewhere? How "worrisome" do you find the plight of  innocent victims of other kinds of homicide as compared to those committed by Islamists? Why is so much attention focused on this? Maybe you believe that emotionalism helps in evaluating and addressing issues. I don't.

How about you just say what you mean. My take from your words is that you're OK with the surge of Islamist violence against westerners, because there's other folks killing so it's all good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, , I have signed out of the church. No longer belong to my given religion. So, the books you can throw in the bin. I am now using something that is usually called intelligence based on things that can be proven.

And people of your given religion will not demand your murder for throwing away such books. I seem to recall that people of islam are not quite so accepting. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

How about you just say what you mean. My take from your words is that you're OK with the surge of Islamist violence against westerners, because there's other folks killing so it's all good.

I'm sure that's your take. It's a pity that you don't explain why that's the case. In fact,  I'm not OK with any murders anywhere. Are you?

And just to forestall some objections here's the definition of murder I'm referencing:

"the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another."

https://www.google.com/search?q=murder+definition&oq=murder+definition&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDI2NTNqMGo3qAIIsAIB&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Thumbs Up 1

To put matters into perspective a report from Europol:

In 2022, 16 terrorist attacks took place in the EU and an additional 12 attacks failed or were foiled. While the attacks directly affected seven Member States, more Member States arrested suspects in terrorism-related cases. Tragically, four people were killed in terrorist attacks in the EU, two resulting from jihadist attacks and two from a right-wing terrorist attack. We honour the memory of all those lost to terrorism in 2022 and in previous years. Member States continue to view jihadist terrorism as the most prominent terrorist threat to the EU despite the fact that the number of jihadist attacks has decreased compared to 2021 and 2020. The threat from right-wing terrorist lone actors, radicalised online, remains significant. Left-wing and anarchist terrorists and violent extremists continue to pose a threat to public safety and security in the EU.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/cms/sites/default/files/documents/European Union Terrorism Situation and Trend report 2023.pdf

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 8:28 PM, kevozman1 said:

Ok I will dumb down the point I was trying to make regarding your hypocrisy: You are arguing that immigration into the UK is all fine and dandy,

Wrong. Nowhere have I said that "immigration into the UK is all fine and dandy". Moreover, imo immigration is an important subject which needs to be discussed.

and you seem very vocal about that, and actually protecting the migrants more than the existing citizens

Wrong again. I believe that the same rights should apply equally to all, regardless of whether they are native-born or an immigrant 

pre-Modern Liberalism era, which is when nationalities such as 'British' was still racially and culturally coherent. Which is fine, but you are on a board mostly regarding the country of Thailand primarily (guessing you reside or frequently visit the nation) which is a country that has some very notable right wing polices involving non-nationals and obtaining citizenship. The stuff that if is was proposed is say the UK or Sweden would have many blue haired people spiting out their Starbucks coffee. You are intelligent enough to open this site, make an account and post, so you aware you are being a hypocrite. At least admit it. 

At least you got right (probably more by luck than judgement). I lived in Thailand in the '90s and do visit there regularly. I currently live in the UK. There are laws in the UK which I wish were not there. There are laws in Thailand which I disagree with. There are probably laws in every country in the world with which I disagree. And .....? It is ridiculous to suggest that there is any hypocrisy.

Oh yes and another poster just above you quoted some passages from the Quran and/or the Hadiths and presented how Muslims are a genuine documented threat to other groups.

I am sure you read it but instead of addressing

Why should I address it? I am not a Muslim, so have no reason to defend it.

What about this one?

"The slave who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows" (Luke 12:47).

By your logic, we can conclude that Christians support slavery and cruelty.

Imo organised religion has caused more problems than it has solved. You don't have to look hard to find instances of violence and contradiction in the Bible or Koran. Imo anyone who takes either book at face value needs their brains dusted.

that you went into a work of fiction talking about the NF (a docile right wing group who had a few instances of violence in the past) and other nonsensical arguments.

What absolute rubbish. Whether you are referencing the National Front in the UK or France (Front National), you clearly know nothing about the politics of either country if you think that either party was anything other than a bunch of extreme right-wing thugs.

On 6/11/2024 at 7:58 PM, kevozman1 said:

That was actually quite simple stuff... I guess sneaky hypocrisy and being a parrot/repeater is where your intellect maxes out. Anyway I am sure you have other kinds of hypocritical things to waste your time on, such as 'Queers for Palestine', whilst berating straight White Christian males in the West as 'bigots' 🙂 Oh and don't forget your 12th booster jab. The actors... I mean scientists on the TV are saying a new strain of the c00f is coming back.

At least the actors on the TV get compensated for indoctrinating double digit IQ people and making themselves into untrustworthy scumbags, what are you getting out of it? Real men will look down on you, and women will not be attracted to you, especially moreso in Thailand than in Western Europe. Thai women will really walk all over a weak man like yourself. Seen it happen many times. You should definitely go back to a Western city..

Oh dear. I can only conclude that you are back on the drugs again.

I don't usually proffer advice, but exceptional circumstances call for exceptional measures: Please seek professional help before it's too late.

On 6/10/2024 at 10:15 PM, newbee2022 said:

So, if I would move from Dublin to London I have to pass what test??? Ridiculous.

That's ridiculous. Irish need no visa to enter the UK. When traveling from Dublin to Hollyhead there wasn't even an immigration checkpoint when I entered the UK.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's ridiculous. Irish need no visa to enter the UK. When traveling from Dublin to Hollyhead there wasn't even an immigration checkpoint when I entered the UK.

Sorry, but you do not see the difference between migrants, asylum seekers and immigrants. Read again the thread and the my answer. Hopefully you'll understand. Though.....🙏

On 6/10/2024 at 3:31 AM, Social Media said:

Why the West Remains Silent 

It's obvious, platforms, forums etc. when you voice your opinion it's shut down quickly by those who follow the religion. 

If I highlight any verifiable, honest negativity towards Muslims or Islam my comments are removed. 

Probably why the West Remains silent, it's a no win argument. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Sorry, but you do not see the difference between migrants, asylum seekers and immigrants. Read again the thread and the my answer. Hopefully you'll understand. Though.....🙏

not much difference between migrants and immigrants. If illegal should be returned from whence they came. Genuine asylum seekers stop in the first safe country- they don't shop around for the place with the best welfare.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

not much difference between migrants and immigrants. If illegal should be returned from whence they came. Genuine asylum seekers stop in the first safe country- they don't shop around for the place with the best welfare.

BS:Migrants' generally return to their home country/town whenever they feel like returning back to their hometown, whereas the latter refers to someone who permanently moved to a foreign country either to live or to work. 'Immigrants' can either stay in a foreign country legally or illegally.🙏