Over 80 patients flee Krabi drug rehab centre over alleged abuses

webfact

16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
2 hours ago, webfact said:

It remains undisclosed whether authorities will proceed with further investigations regarding the allegations against the officers at the drug rehabilitation centre.

Doubtful.

Well... they might want to investigate to make sure the officers have taken enough of their paid leave. Then after they take some paid leave, reassign them to a more comfortable, lesser know facility where they can continue their "work". I doubt any investigation would go any further than that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JCCR6 said:

Escaped? You mean they just decided to leave. 

I would guess escaped is more appropriate as normally at drug rehabilitation centers they would not want you to leave. Some may have been sentenced by the courts to go there. If they had just decided just to leave, I doubt whether the police would have been called.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Rehab should be left to the monks, they seem to do a good job.

I'm not so sure. About twenty years ago. A young Thai friend of the family was well into alcohol and maybe drugs. His wife persuaded him to go to a Buddhist rehab centre run by monks. After a week there he was found hanged in the ablutions  section. Sometime later there was a newspaper report that another rehab centre run by monks was being investigated for severe abuse of the rehabees. I've always had my suspicions about his death.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Anyone of any religion can fall victim of recreational drugs

Anyone?

Dude I just watched a video of homeless drug addicts on East Hastings in Vancouver. They're all bent over like walking zombies because they spend so much time nodding off. Same in Vegas, Seattle, The Tenderloin in San Francisco, Skid Row in LA, etc.

I don't see that here in Thailand. 😳

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, khunpeer said:

some of them are, some not. 

after all it's in Krabi prov, the South has many Muslims!

but addiction of any kind does not care about religion, you should know that! 

this story just gives you a possibillity to say yr thing about Muslims!

there is always the potential to say something about muslims,  lets face it they don't exactly help themselves do they?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Anyone?

Dude I just watched a video of homeless drug addicts on East Hastings in Vancouver. They're all bent over like walking zombies because they spend so much time nodding off. Same in Vegas, Seattle, The Tenderloin in San Francisco, Skid Row in LA, etc.

I don't see that here in Thailand. 😳

Fentanyl seems not to be freely available in Thailand thankfully but give it time. Come to our village in rural Thailand though and the effects of yabaa and amphetamines is apparent hence the need for drug rehabilitation centers although the treatment locally seems better than that offered in the op.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sig said:

Sounds more like a CIA Rendition kind of place than a prison....
Thailand was known to have black sites, hosting the CIA, so it wouldn't be anything corrupt officials in those kinds of places might not be used to.
Sadly, the story isn't surprising.

CIA  no not those upstanding yanks

• Haha 2