Thai PM Shrugs Off Thaksin’s Criticism of Prawit

webfact

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Paroled Thaksin maybe over-playing his hand by provoking Prawit & Co.

Keep a watch out for the Watch Man. Hypocrisy knows no bounds in Thai politics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Paroled Thaksin maybe over-playing his hand by provoking Prawit & Co.

Might be, but it seems like he know exactly how to stay above water.

• Sad 1

Just now, Bert got kinky said:

but Thaksin is the first leader to do something for poor people

Yes, if they opposed him, he had them shot under his guise of a war on drugs.

Silly exaggeration.

Most who opposed him were politicians and the army that took him down.

How many of them were shot?

I suppose that you believe that the Junta and Abhisit's lot were best friends with Thaksin supporters.

Oh, but wait. Weren't they were both shooting innocent folk under the guise of lese majeste and democracy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

It amazes me how farangs can get themselves into Thai politics in this forum. Personally I don't give a ratz what they do as long as it doesn't affect me. Just remember what our conversion rates were when Thaksin and then Yinluck were in power. Those rates were completely smashed one month later by the coup leaders. They're the ones that should be in jail but of course that will never happen.

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Perhaps a strategic calculative move by Thaksin. Lots of dynamics happening on the political front with MFP likely to be dissolved and junta appointed senators to be replaced. Thaksin may see this as an opportunity to kick Palang Pracharath out of the coalition. That will erase the last vestiges of military party in the government and will improve the image of PTP. MPs from MFP will be more willing to consider joining PTP if PPP is out. Prawit will be without any power base when his appointed senators are replaced after royal endorsement of the new elected senators. I am sure there are people from higher echelon of power that also want to nullify the power of the military. 

• Like 1

There is no shortage of criticism that can be leveled at that ancient dinosaur. In 9 years he helped to turn the once dynamic tiger of SE Asia into a whiny, skinny, anemic, sickly alley cat. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no shortage of criticism that can be leveled at that ancient dinosaur.

Which one?

There are many of them out there. And not just in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

de facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra

Isn't his full title "paroled cum-convict de facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra"?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

It amazes me how farangs can get themselves into Thai politics in this forum.

Yet here you are, commenting about That politics. :crazy:

Does this mean that you amaze yourself?

Just remember what our conversion rates were when Thaksin and then Yinluck were in power. Those rates were completely smashed one month later by the coup leaders. They're the ones that should be in jail but of course that will never happen.

So when the local economy improves, we should jail those that have made the improvement.

Hey Bert, you should work for Fox media, when I did I comment on Thai politics? I only mentioned the exchange rate which affects every farang living in Thailand, even you.

The old goats are at each others' throats again. That's as saddening as it was predictable after the real winner of the election had been blocked from forming a government and those odious dinosaurs united (for a while anyway).

It is not a question if but rather when ....... Thailand's bumpy road into the 21st century is getting closer and closer; the oligarch elite, the dinosaurs and all those Phooyais fighting for power and money (or both) on the back of the taxpayer and the voters. 

This country is heading into an abyss; the writing is getting bigger and bigger on the wall - how sad! 

3 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Hey Bert, you should work for Fox media, when I did I comment on Thai politics? I only mentioned the exchange rate which affects every farang living in Thailand, even you.

when I did I comment on Thai politics?

Just remember what our conversion rates were when Thaksin and then Yinluck were in power.

You did manage to get to the third sentence in your post without commenting on Thai politics, or do you think that two 'dodgy' ex Thai prime ministers had no relevance in Thai politics?

I only mentioned the exchange rate which affects every farang living in Thailand, even you.

Nice bit of conclusion jumping there.

I get paid by a Thai company, have done for the last 23 years and I spend my money in Thailand.

The only time that the exchange affects effect me is when I have to pay more for imported goods, mainly thanks to the  square headed one. 

• Like 1