UN Security Council Approves US-Led Ceasefire Plan for Israel-Gaza Conflict

6 minutes ago, Presto said:

Have you read the CNN article completely? Do you disagree with the demands of Hamas? Do you think Netanyahu has or will agree (hus rabid extreme right coalition buddies certainly won't) to a permanent ceasefire and full withdrawal of the IDF from Gaza?

Yes I read it, that's why I posted it. The CNN article does not reveal all the demands, here some more, do you agree with this? Do you think Netanyahu will agree with it and the rest of them. Do you think Blinken is right when he says some are just unworkable?

Arab translation of course this should be hostages: 

5. Number of Detainees: The number of detainees to be released by Hamas has been adjusted from 33 to 32. This includes individuals who are alive, body parts, and remains, encompassing civilian women and female soldiers.

Edited by Bkk Brian

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I read it, that's why I posted it. The CNN article does not reveal all the demands, here some more, do you agree with this? Do you think Netanyahu will agree with it and the rest of them. Do you think Blinken is right when he says some are just unworkable?

5. Number of Detainees: The number of detainees to be released by Hamas has been adjusted from 33 to 32. This includes individuals who are alive, body parts, and remains, encompassing civilian women and female soldiers.

I can't make a lot of sense of your response.

Are some demands unworkable? Maybe in the eyes of Blinken. 

It's a negotiation. Blinken is just blabbing to put public pressure on Hamas while, as always, shielding Israel from criticism.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Presto said:

I can't make a lot of sense of your response.

Are some demands unworkable? Maybe in the eyes of Blinken. 

It's a negotiation. Blinken is just blabbing to put public pressure on Hamas while, as always, shielding Israel from criticism.

It's a negotiation.

Its a UN Security Council Resolution. Your take on Blinken blabbing says it all though.

Nice deflection avoiding all my questions by claiming you cant make a lot of sense to my response.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Presto said:

I've answered the part that I could make sense of. Blame it on me, that's your prerogative.

You didn't answer any of my questions. That's your prerogative too.

Ok in that case I will leave it with Blinken who you consider to be "blabbing" whereas I think the only ones "blagging" are Hamas.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has told Hamas that it is "time for the haggling to stop", after its leaders proposed "numerous changes" to a plan for a Gaza ceasefire and hostage release deal.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Has netanyahu agreed to the proposal? Not to my knowledge, yet the Biden/ Blinken and your narrative is that Hamas is the problem.

If it's unacceptable to the israelis ( no such thing as unworkable IMO ) they should be putting up a counter proposal. As of now I have heard of none. All we have so far is netanyahu saying there will be no ceasefire till Hamas is destroyed. Do you expect that is acceptable to Hamas?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Has netanyahu agreed to the proposal? Not to my knowledge, yet the Biden/ Blinken and your narrative is that Hamas is the problem.

If it's unacceptable to the israelis ( no such thing as unworkable IMO ) they should be putting up a counter proposal. As of now I have heard of none. All we have so far is netanyahu saying there will be no ceasefire till Hamas is destroyed. Do you expect that is acceptable to Hamas?

Says AN's top Hamas poster boy. Tell you what, when you have the moral decency to be able to spell Israel & Netanyahu correctly instead of deliberately using the lower case yet always spell Hamas with upper then get back to me. You allegiance to Hamas the terrorists is all to telling with those giveaways. I hear Sinwar is more than happy to sacrifice more Palestinian lives and that Hamas will never put down its arms, can you check with him about that? 

• Haha 1

Here is the full text of the reply by Hamas:

General Principles for an agreement between the Israeli side and the Palestinian side in Gaza on the exchange of detainees and prisoners and restoring a sustainable calm

The Palestinian response to the Israeli response to the 6 May 2024 proposal:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/full-text-hamas-reply-israel-gaza-ceasefire-proposal

• Thanks 2

UN Security Council & G7

"We reiterate our call on Hamas to fully and unequivocally accept and implement the cease fire proposal, as outlined in Resolution 2735, and urge countries with influence over Hamas to help ensure that it does so. We welcome Israel’s acceptance of the proposal and readiness to move forward with it."

On 6/15/2024 at 6:18 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

This proposal is unacceptable obviously, as the US are biased, in fact they provide Israel with weapons used to kill civilians in refugee camps.

The US could stop this war tomorrow but choose not to. 

ALL prisoners held in Israel under administrative detention should be released immediately. Why did the US allow this to happen? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67600015

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This proposal is unacceptable obviously, as the US are biased, in fact they provide Israel with weapons used to kill civilians in refugee camps.

The US could stop this war tomorrow but choose not to. 

ALL prisoners held in Israel under administrative detention should be released immediately. Why did the US allow this to happen? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67600015

Of course the US are bias, would you rather they gave Hamas equal standing? 

Notable how you miss a call to release the hostages, instead just Hamas demands