Thaksin Scandal: Justice Minister Refuses to Weigh in on Charges

webfact

2 hours ago, SABloke said:

Would be great if any of these articles alluded to what he actually said in that interview. 🤔

from what i gather ,if anyone watches, it seems to start around 7.10 minutes...  his english sucks, he gesticulates too much and meaninglessly and he talks nonsense

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SABloke said:

Would be great if any of these articles alluded to what he actually said in that interview. 🤔

It's easily found on Google just not within Thai news because of it's 'sensitivity'.

6 hours ago, SABloke said:

What did Thaksin say?

The latest charges against Thaksin stem from a remark he allegedly made in an interview with a media outlet in Seoul, South Korea in 2015. He accused the Privy Council of Thailand of being involved in protests that preceded the 2014 military coup in the kingdom.

7 hours ago, 2baht said:

That would lead to a similar charge ! It's a subject best left alone!

I've heard that theory many times over the past 15 years, but it doesn't really hold true. People charged with 112 often have an allusion in the article to what the charge was about e.g. Move Forward charge

7 hours ago, Red Forever said:

The Mr T hate mob never let the truth get in the way of their obsession.

Mr T makes sure he always buys only the Best Truths, for himself. 

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Poison fruit, from the poison tree, in the poison forest, of the poison swamp, to be correct Tony 🤔

We talk about this particular case of Thaksin, but I feel sad that nobody is talking about the underlying issue itself. Not only Thaksin, also Pita is dealing with the same issue. Why everybody is dodging the real question ? 

I mean, for example there are countries where journalist are not allowed to report freely, their findings are subjected to severe sensor ship.

Now suppose one politician questions the justification of these limits on freedom of speech. Should we then discuss his breaching of the rule because he made a public statement or should we question the justification of the rule itself ?

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

from what i gather ,if anyone watches, it seems to start around 7.10 minutes...  his english sucks, he gesticulates too much and meaninglessly and he talks nonsense

Thank you for this which puts the supposed LM comments into perspective.  Not having an axe to grind and not being a legal eagle, I cannot see what the fuss is about unless it is simply to find any excuse to try and stitch him up.  Perhaps the 'establishment' he talks about remain worried that he may be able to galvanise the electorate although everyone must know that he has lost a great deal of grass roots support for a variety of reasons.