Western Liberals: How Do You Justify Your Stay in Thailand?

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, all the smart people are conservative. No doubt. That is why they believe in Huge Don. He only speaks truth and he would never mislead or betray his devotees. 

The truly smart worship movie stars. Those guys who dress up and play characters are the ones we should all listen to. Will Smith for example, what a well behaved well rounded intelligent guy or DeNiro, an old super intelligent genius who played mafia bosses in movies. Our true leaders and heroes.

My life is pretty great, enhanced by making fun of low education types who say stuff like pseudo-intellectual. Just a total low class retard. Love it. Great to thump you on your dimwit nose whenever the urge strikes.

And really, I just mostly make fun of you here -and your new lover, "the cleaner". 

Otherwise, I'm a pretty high information poster here.

Unlike you:

Hua Hin . Nice Gyms. I love Hua Hin. Nice gyms.

Edited by Prubangboy

2 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

My life is pretty great, enhanced by making fun of low education types who say stuff like pseudo-intellectual. Just total low class retard. Love it.

And really, I just mostly make fun of you here -and your new lover, "the cleaner". 

Otherwise, I'm a pretty high information poster here.

Unlike you:

Hua Hin . Nice Gyms. I love Hua Hin. Nice gyms.

Calling people retards? That is your level of conversation? That is pathetic. I bet you have no friends in Thailand. Even your wife moved rooms.

Edited by susanlea

6 hours ago, Presnock said:

Having worked and lived around the world, politics and politicians are basically the same everywhere.  Most are corrupt and once elected concern themselves with getting re-elected onto the gravy train.  I am an American and only those selected by the international businesses, big pharmas, rich become candidates for important positions.  Perfect examples are the candidates for this November election.  Neither has the interest of the US in their goals because their goals are given to them by the rich.  this is my opinion based on 60 years of following the elections and seeing what those elected try to do once being elected.

With your background I fully understand your opinion about politicians. I am a Norwegian and think I have a little different background for you. I too see that many politicians fit in your definition, but it is not all that black. There are some truly dedicated to do good for people and country.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, stoner said:

some well made points in your comment. they are however overshadowed by the incessant childish name calling. 

only a couple of things left out in the talk of the orange one you omitted the super rich too as they know he will lower their tax rates and promote programs in which their companies can reap record profits but, Biden also follows along in some of that because he is a true politician who has learned how to get really rich being a politician as a career.  He plays up to the poor and comes up with populist programs to give benefits while seeking their votes and has done this successfully for many years.  Of course my opinion is only based on my life experiences and career in government and a short stint working in Delaware - Biden territory.

33 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Of course my opinion is only based on my life experiences and career in government and a short stint working in Delaware - Biden territory.

nice.

Oh dear I scanned through the recent comments and it seems Trump and Biden have taken over the discussion. The thread may as well be closed at this point as they are just actors and about as relevant to what is actually happening in the world as Tom Cruise and Jackie Chan are.

I am just noticing liberals (when I say that I am referring to the cheerlearders of Modern Western Liberalism) are starting to flee the crime scenes they helped create in search of lands far afield such as Thailand which are less infected by their ideology. Very parasitic and evil behaviour. I don't think it will work out too well for them for a couple of big reasons and I may have to make another post about it in a couple of days.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Saw this very late - it has already degenerated into a Trump-Biden argument.

IMO the answer is - The radical liberals have no problem with living in Thailand, because most of what the radical liberals think is 'conflicted'.

actually, since we cannot impact the political situation in this country who really cares if it is liberal or conservative or what.  I and I think most people that have come from some other country have seen that so far it is much cheaper than at home, the weather never gets too cold nor too rainy which might change too and which we cannot affect in any way, attractive women, good food, lots of beaches, and varied nature.  The majority of locals are of the Budhist persuasion so are fairly tolerant of the decadent foreigners that also come here so I fail to understand why the arguments among the forum members here about all the things that they have no control over in the first place.  Please just enjoy the life here, compared to many places this is paradise.  Be nice to others on the forum as all kinds of folks come here for many different reasons and I am sure none came here for arguments.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Presnock said:

actually, since we cannot impact the political situation in this country who really cares if it is liberal or conservative or what.  I and I think most people that have come from some other country have seen that so far it is much cheaper than at home, the weather never gets too cold nor too rainy which might change too and which we cannot affect in any way, attractive women, good food, lots of beaches, and varied nature.  The majority of locals are of the Budhist persuasion so are fairly tolerant of the decadent foreigners that also come here so I fail to understand why the arguments among the forum members here about all the things that they have no control over in the first place.  Please just enjoy the life here, compared to many places this is paradise.  Be nice to others on the forum as all kinds of folks come here for many different reasons and I am sure none came here for arguments.

That is a long way of saying guys went there for cheap you know what.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

That is a long way of saying guys went there for cheap you know what.

not at all in what I wrote.  I lived and worked in Thailand (married to a US female) for 15 years at different times.  I wasn't a bar hanger and hardly ever drank any alcohol and never did any drugs.  My wife passed away due to cancer, and during our time together, we lived also in many other countries.  I kept a log of the good and bad in each of those countries - Spain, Italy, Portugal, Malta, PI, BKK, Guatemala, Angola, Zambia, and also worked in some others.  So, when it came time for me to retire  I looked over the log and Thailand, closely followed by the PI was number one in most categories so that is why I came here.  I have not had any alcohol nor drugs at all during my retirement so I definitely don't hang out at any bars.  I did marry a Thai lady that I met and we now have a 20-year old college girl.  To me, life in Thailand continues to be exactly what I retired here for - it is much cheaper than the US but I could afford to live there too.  I love Thai food, especially all the fresh fruits available.  I don't hang out at the beaches either but do enjoy travelling around the mountains and undeveloped areas.  I retired originally in BKK but grew weary of the driving within the city so moved to CM.  Now that daughter is a college girl, while we own our house in CM, we are renting a house in BKK and I am amazed at how easy it is now to move around the city via the trains.  But, when daughter goes off to graduate school in Korea, my wife and I will return to CM and plan to take vacations during the burning season to escape the smoke.  I also note from this forum that maybe quite a few did come here for what your are claiming but I am sure that many came here for the same reasons that I did and they still enjoy it and don't complain as much as some do.  Getting old must not agree with some.  We are all in the same place so try to be nice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Presnock said:

not at all in what I wrote.  I lived and worked in Thailand (married to a US female) for 15 years at different times.  I wasn't a bar hanger and hardly ever drank any alcohol and never did any drugs.  My wife passed away due to cancer, and during our time together, we lived also in many other countries.  I kept a log of the good and bad in each of those countries - Spain, Italy, Portugal, Malta, PI, BKK, Guatemala, Angola, Zambia, and also worked in some others.  So, when it came time for me to retire  I looked over the log and Thailand, closely followed by the PI was number one in most categories so that is why I came here.  I have not had any alcohol nor drugs at all during my retirement so I definitely don't hang out at any bars.  I did marry a Thai lady that I met and we now have a 20-year old college girl.  To me, life in Thailand continues to be exactly what I retired here for - it is much cheaper than the US but I could afford to live there too.  I love Thai food, especially all the fresh fruits available.  I don't hang out at the beaches either but do enjoy travelling around the mountains and undeveloped areas.  I retired originally in BKK but grew weary of the driving within the city so moved to CM.  Now that daughter is a college girl, while we own our house in CM, we are renting a house in BKK and I am amazed at how easy it is now to move around the city via the trains.  But, when daughter goes off to graduate school in Korea, my wife and I will return to CM and plan to take vacations during the burning season to escape the smoke.  I also note from this forum that maybe quite a few did come here for what your are claiming but I am sure that many came here for the same reasons that I did and they still enjoy it and don't complain as much as some do.  Getting old must not agree with some.  We are all in the same place so try to be nice.

Another long way of saying you wanted a woman and couldn't get one at home.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Another long way of saying you wanted a woman and couldn't get one at home.

You are exactly what I was talking about - individuals who need to get a life!  I was happily married for 20 years to a lovely western woman from my hometown in the US prior to her passing.

• Like 1

Just now, Presnock said:

You are exactly what I was talking about - individuals who need to get a life!  I was happily married for 20 years to a lovely western woman from my hometown in the US prior to her passing.

Then you left because you were too old or too poor to get an attractive woman at home. You didn't move due to climate.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Has anyone ever seen a foreign guy over say 55 date a Thai woman/male the same age as him? Of course not. Every single male is there to date younger.

you just sound bitter... sorry for you but as for me I am happy.  I could easily afford to live in the US but there I would be middle income while here I am claimed to be wealthy pensioner so you are wrong in just about everything you say.  As for me over and out with you on this issue - do not enjoy talking with ignorant folks.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Presnock said:

you just sound bitter... sorry for you but as for me I am happy.  I could easily afford to live in the US but there I would be middle income while here I am claimed to be wealthy pensioner so you are wrong in just about everything you say.  As for me over and out with you on this issue - do not enjoy talking with ignorant folks.

Not bitter at all. It is just cold hard facts. Nobody moves to Thailand and dates an older woman. It is funny how guys pretend they choose Thailand based on tropical fruit or weather. That's the lie they tell people back home. Nobody believes it. 

23 minutes ago, susanlea said:
45 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Not bitter at all. It is just cold hard facts. Nobody moves to Thailand and dates an older woman. It is funny how guys pretend they choose Thailand based on tropical fruit or weather. That's the lie they tell people back home. Nobody believes it. 

my thai wife is older than me. 

35 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Nobody moves to Thailand and dates an older woman.

Sure they do, I’ve seen a few younger guys with older women here.

36 minutes ago, susanlea said:

It is funny how guys pretend they choose Thailand based on tropical fruit or weather.

I certainly did, given that unlike many, some of us don’t have women intimidation syndrome.

Just because it applies to you, doesn’t mean it applies to everyone else.

28 minutes ago, susanlea said:

So you are dating a 67yo woman then? Sorry if I was wrong. You are the only one.

Again, this baffling over-investment into judging the unknowable motives and actions of others.

I don't know if the couples I see are happy or not; or money-motivated or suitably altruistic to my taste. Pretending I do is just waste of time. Whatever they're doing is fine by me, partic if it has some entertainment value.

I like this place because we see the full spectrum of Thai/Western relationships, from transactional monger to late age happy dad. I take their stories at face value and I am grateful to those that share them. There is no place else on earth where you lhear about happy Asian/Western relationships.

Meanwhile, Sparktrader is hot to judge, but shy to share about his own relationship. So really the most useless and parasitical kind of poster. His recent leg-humping about my own happy relationship is par for his usual  course. He's probably a selfish lover too.

45 minutes ago, novacova said:

Sure they do, I’ve seen a few younger guys with older women here.

I certainly did, given that unlike many, some of us don’t have women intimidation syndrome.

Just because it applies to you, doesn’t mean it applies to everyone else.

So you date older women do you? That's good to hear.