Advice on selling to nearby countries Shopee/Lazada

We sell our own premium dry dog/cat food on these platforms among other places. Use facebook as main source of online advertising. Would like to place fb ads in regional countries directing them to our lazada/Shopee shops to purchase. 

What prompted me to consider doing this is because I see some products on these sites stating “overseas”. I’ve bought stuff that originated in Malaysia and China. No issues. 

Does anyone know if there may be issues in doing this from Thailand? Looking at Malaysia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia. 

Edited by AustinRacing

6 hours ago, john donson said:

first check postal charges, might be more expensive, specially large heavy packages

The shipping is paid by customer. They’ll figure out the total cost at check out and decide for themselves. The stuff I bought from overseas don’t seem to me too expensive for delivery. 

20 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

The shipping is paid by customer. They’ll figure out the total cost at check out and decide for themselves. The stuff I bought from overseas don’t seem to me too expensive for delivery. 

My niece sells stuff to Singapore from Thailand.

On 6/13/2024 at 5:44 PM, AustinRacing said:

I see some products on these sites stating “overseas”. I’ve bought stuff that originated in Malaysia and China. No issues.

Those accounts are setup in TH accounts in order to sell in TH. Often see stuff in neighboring countries on shopee website and can’t make a purchase because the vendor doesn’t have a TH account.

9 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Did she have to open a Singaporean Shopee/Lazada account?

I am not too sure I think she has a Lazada account, but I am not in Thailand at the moment to ask her.

I think people in Laos tend to order from Shopee, Lazada etc. through shippers who have Nong Khai addresses and then transport over to Laos for them. That's also the way I've sent packages over to Laos, though going through Loei. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

47 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I think people in Laos tend to order from Shopee, Lazada etc. through shippers who have Nong Khai addresses and then transport over to Laos for them. That's also the way I've sent packages over to Laos, though going through Loei. 

Sounds like if I want to sell to other countries need to set up account in those countries. 

23 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I will ask my nephew and let you know.

Much appreciated mate. Google has conflicting info, I think different countries have different rules. The Thai ones are in Thai language only and google translate is not adequate. 😓

Just now, AustinRacing said:

Much appreciated mate. Google has conflicting info, I think different countries have different rules. The Thai ones are in Thai language only and google translate is not adequate. 😓

As I mentioned before I am not in Thailand at the moment, but my nephew is in BKK I will ask him how my niece sends stuff to Singapore I know she uses Lazada, but I am not sure what the setup is I try to find out for you.