Firefighter Snaps Under Pressure, Attacks Drinking Buddies: 1 Dead, 3 Hurt

webfact

3 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Is this a mental health issue or an emotional  development issue?  The ability to control emotional response is something we learn a a young child. 

A culture based on repressing every emotion and smiling through every bit of sh!t that comes your way, while bowing down to cvntz that walk all over you while laughing at you.

Add alcohol and a small frame that cannot handle it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Under immense pressure from his firefighting job of just one month, Worachit lost control.

I'm sure he'll adapt to prison life... 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but how are you sure it wasn't' during his working shift.   In some places firefighters work on 24 hour shifts.

Hmmm..... little bit sure. As I am quite certain they are not allowed to have drinking parties during their working shifts. Not even in Thailand. But, of course, he could have been naughty. However, we can just look past that, as I am pretty sure you understand what I meant with working hours. If not, I was referring to active hours. 

44 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Hmmm..... little bit sure. As I am quite certain they are not allowed to have drinking parties during their working shifts. Not even in Thailand. But, of course, he could have been naughty. However, we can just look past that, as I am pretty sure you understand what I meant with working hours. If not, I was referring to active hours. 

They don't leave the workplace during those 24 hours as they need to be ready in minutes to go to a fire with their equipment.

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

People using knives and machetes in crimes is a daily thing here.

Ok I was responding to a fellow Brit who compared Thais to Brits. 

so let’s have a look as his claim.

In the year ending March 2023, there were around 50,500 offences involving a sharp instrument in England and Wales (excluding Devon & Cornwall). This was 4.7% higher than in 2021/22 but 7% lower than in 2019/20.

That is only about 1,000 reported cases a week. 
So it is a daily thing back home also.

The West Midlands has been renamed the West Stablands.

Data from NHS Digital shows there were 3,775 “hospital episodes” recorded in English hospitals in 2022/23 due to assault by a sharp object. This was a 9.5% decrease compared to 2021/22, and a 3.6% increase compared to 2014/15.

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Amazing how many ill-informed stupid comments this thread has, well above average.

Thanks Frits, I hope you appreciate my research into the issue above.

19 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

They don't leave the workplace during those 24 hours as they need to be ready in minutes to go to a fire with their equipment.

But Hallo! Did you read that it happened while drinking with his friends????? Are we clear now? Something more?

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

But Hallo! Did you read that it happened while drinking with his friends????? Are we clear now? Something more?

So, it wasn't on his working shift, which wasn't clear to a couple of people including you.

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

So, it wasn't on his working shift, which wasn't clear to a couple of people including you.

Are you just acting stupid, or is it real? My first post that you commented on, talked about drinking, which means I already read about that. Having a bad day? Nothing to do?

It was totally clear to me, before you started to post your slur. Below you have my comment after you replies. Do you feel the sarcasm in Hmmm...... little bit sure?

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

FFS. most people know that emergency services can be a stressful job.  The same as the armed forces.  Can't handle stress then don't choose that type of job. 

As a newbie in any job you are likely to be the brunt of jokes or ridicule. That's life so harden the fak up. 

Prove your worth and ridicule will disappear. 

But no poor little Song Chai can't handle loss of face so he picks up knife and stabs people. 

Immature little fakr.  Go and cry to mummy.  I have little time for these delinquents. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol. Col. Wiroj Tasso mentioned that Worachit's motive remains under investigation, as he is too distressed to provide a comprehensive account.

Its likely that he was drunk , rather than stressed 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Rubbish.

You have no way of knowing that.

I have had some serious issues with dope heads during the last couple of years and I am not a violent or aggressive man.

I have never hit anyone and I have never smoked dope. But I do have a drink now and again.

Look fella,as said before get over it.

You obviously have some major problem with the weed. Maybe your one true love left with a dope smoker, I have no idea but hell, you demonize the herb at every opportunity.

Move on mate.

19 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Is this a mental health issue or an emotional  development issue?  The ability to control emotional response is something we learn a a young child. 

But Thais can't  / don't  / won't!!

On 6/14/2024 at 9:39 AM, Gottfrid said:

Lao Khao that is showing it´s ugly face again.

Not Lao Khao shows its face,

Lao Khao, or Alcohol can show easily another face behind the smiling (by custom) mask. 

Unable to deal, feeling insulted by any sort of criticism, when sober.

Thinskinned, triggered at low levels to rage out, when drunk.

Very often with berserk violence, is a daily issue.

This is not a problem of

"mental health".

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Not Lao Khao shows its face,

Lao Khao, or Alcohol can show easily another face behind the smiling (by custom) mask. 

Unable to deal, feeling insulted by any sort of criticism, when sober.

Thinskinned, triggered at low levels to rage out, when drunk.

Very often with berserk violence, is a daily issue.

This is not a problem of

"mental health".

I will just refer to my earlier post.

23 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

But, it is a mental health problem not knowing when to stop drink 😉 

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

I will just refer to my earlier post.

So, your conclusion implements, that a large part of the local society having "mental health" problems? Because, they're killing each other, after a couple of drinks? And "Lao Khao is the culprit. OK! 

So, ban alcohol, would an

anti-alcohol campaigner say. 

That's would be an easy way to polish the surface, and put the underlying issues under the rug!

Despite it's even happening without alcohol.

Violent outbursts, Machete, Knive, and other fatal

"encounters" are the label, and indicator for ancient -traditions,

-custom, -structural-pressure, paired with lack of, and wrong education.

If you like it or not, this is the underlying issue.

Not "mental health"! 

Even in Western countries, they use this redicilous label, for all the violent atrocites happening, since recent years. 

I accept the customs, because I'm a guest.

I'm not boozing with locals, I'm not knowing very, very well.

If they slaughter each other, it's not my business. Whatever their reason is.

That's my way of "respect", for mental issues, or whatever.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

So, your conclusion implements, that a large part of the local society having "mental health" problems? Because, they're killing each other, after a couple of drinks? And "Lao Khao is the culprit. OK! 

So, ban alcohol, would an

anti-alcohol campaigner say. 

That's would be an easy way to polish the surface, and put the underlying issues under the rug!

Despite it's even happening without alcohol.

Violent outbursts, Machete, Knive, and other fatal

"encounters" are the label, and indicator for ancient -traditions,

-custom, -structural-pressure, paired with lack of, and wrong education.

If you like it or not, this is the underlying issue.

Not "mental health"! 

Even in Western countries, they use this redicilous label, for all the violent atrocites happening, since recent years. 

I accept the customs, because I'm a guest.

I'm not boozing with locals, I'm not knowing very, very well.

If they slaughter each other, it's not my business. Whatever their reason is.

That's my way of "respect", for mental issues, or whatever.

Calm down little bit now, you might burst a vein.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Amazing how many ill-informed stupid comments this thread has, well above average.

Self awareness is the first step, to get better.

Good, that you'd hold your self back, at least this time, in this thread.

This forum is a real good field, to get aware of the common dumbness of TiT affiliates, and expats bubble.

No wonder, that we're the at the bottom of the chain.

😂😂😂

Edited by Maitdjai

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Are you still upset, or is using such foul language the best you can do?

If you say so...
To see "Slang", in whatever language, as "foul language", is your pleasure.

To me, it makes sense to take the adequate shortcut, when it's getting annoying.
So, I just refer to my earlier post. Lol

Edited by Maitdjai

27 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

If you say so...
To see "Slang", in whatever language, as "foul language", is your pleasure.

To me, it makes sense to take the adequate shortcut, when it's getting annoying.
So, I just refer to my earlier post. Lol

Mmmmm. Seems to me you take so much shortcut, that your are losing the thread. Or maybe it is because you are so annoyed. 😂