Reform UK Overtakes Tories in Polls for the First Time

Social Media

2 hours ago, James105 said:

The Labour manifesto explicitly rules this out:

https://labourlist.org/2024/06/labour-party-european-union-brexit-manifesto-2024/

“With Labour, Britain will stay outside of the EU. But to seize the opportunities ahead, we must make Brexit work. We will reset the relationship and seek to deepen ties with our European friends, neighbours and allies.  That does not mean reopening the divisions of the past. There will be no return to the single market, the customs union, or freedom of movement.”

They could well face similar decimation as the Tories next time around if they treat their manifesto with the same disdain as the Tories did with theirs.   

Did you miss this bit?:

“We will reset the relationship and seek to deepen ties with our European friends, neighbours and allies.”

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RayC said:

It's a semantic argument. In the context of Brexit, the correct word to use is probably 'xenophobia' (or one of its' derivatives).

Racism. Xenophobia. Imo equally poisonous.

And, of course, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No secret at all.

And no surprise that so many leaders of the leave campaign and leave backers have very close ties to hedgefunds.

I don't understand why you quoted me. Your comment and my comment hae no connection.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I don't understand why you quoted me. Your comment and my comment hae no connection.

If you are having difficulty following the thread of a discussion it might be something on which to seek qualified assessment.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you are having difficulty following the thread of a discussion it might be something on which to seek qualified assessment.

It's you that seems to be having difficulty.

I posted " The secret is out. Chomper's Italiano". You quoted that and started talking about political leaders and hedgefunds.

No connection.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No secret at all.

And no surprise that so many leaders of the leave campaign and leave backers have very close ties to hedgefunds.

I see your new buzz word is hedge funds 🤦‍♂️

Hedge fund managers use multiple strategies in order to outperform a benchmark (e.g. FTSE 100) to make money for their investors. 

You're trying to convince people that anyone associated with hedge funds is automatically betting against the UK. That's a lie. 

The most famous hedge fund manager who DID bet against the UK was George Soros. He made billions when the pound crashed. And Soros was and is fiercely pro-EU!

(Btw I have worked with hedge funds for 25+ years) 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

It's you that seems to be having difficulty.

I posted " The secret is out. Chomper's Italiano". You quoted that and started talking about political leaders and hedgefunds.

No connection.

I suggest you follow the thread of our discussion, if you are unable to do that then I’m not qualified to provide the necessary help you need.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I see your new buzz word is hedge funds 🤦‍♂️

Hedge fund managers use multiple strategies in order to outperform a benchmark (e.g. FTSE 100) to make money for their investors. 

You're trying to convince people that anyone associated with hedge funds is automatically betting against the UK. That's a lie. 

The most famous hedge fund manager who DID bet against the UK was George Soros. He made billions when the pound crashed. And Soros was and is fiercely pro-EU!

(Btw I have worked with hedge funds for 25+ years) 

It’s not a ‘buzz word’

People with a very close connections to ‘hedge funds’ backed BREXIT then laid investment bets against the UK.

Your claims to have worked for 25+ years with ‘hedge funds’ are as credible as any other anonymous internet claim.

I suggest rather that you  rely on arguments that the likes of Crispin ‘Odious’  not ‘rake it in’.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hedge-fund-manager-describes-moment-he-won-ps220-million-brexit-vote-the-morning-has-gold-in-its-mouth-a7323626.htmlIt’s 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest you follow the thread of our discussion, if you are unable to do that then I’m not qualified to provide the necessary help you need.

I am following the thread. You comment still doesn't make sense.

When one quotes a post, one replies in relevance to that post. You didn't.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I am following the thread. You comment still doesn't make sense.

When one quotes a post, one replies in relevance to that post. You didn't.

When I quote a post I stick to topic.You should try that.

You do know how to use the ‘trac-back’ function?

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sometimes the truth hurts . Farage is demonstrating the facts that show the massive uncontrolled immigration be it legal or illegal . Why do so many make the trek to the UK when there are easier options . Not exactly rocket science .

Pre Brexit there was freedom of movement within the E.C. which resulted in the UK being swamped with foreign labour who undercut UK workers rates . This resulted in many UK workers losing their jobs and homes . Some law abiding UK businesses went under . The black economy was popular with foreign workers . Indeed it was the mass invasion of foreign workers along with unpopular E.C. laws that inspired Brexit . However the flood gates have opened again and it appears that the Tories tolerate this to a certain extent .  Maybe because businesses are using this cheaper labour . There is also no doubt that high numbers of immigrants has contributed to the downfall of the NHS and lack of housing . 

The E.C. have made trading difficult with increased bureaucracy . This needs to be sorted out . Also the French border police payments are a joke . Talk about squandering money . UK immigration needs to be halted now and illegals deported . The UK is being raped while those in authority stand by and watch . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Article is an excellent summary of Farage's lack of suitability as a leader for HMG.

It’s strange that we spend so much time talking about Nigel Farage. The one-time leader of Ukip and full-time agent provocateur has stood for election as an MP seven times, and successfully managed to become an MP precisely zero times. If you repeatedly reject somebody for a job and then they show up to work anyway, you don’t patiently listen to him rant about his ideas on how to run the company – you lock the doors and call security.

Voices: With his Putin comments, Nigel Farage has reminded us who he really is (msn.com)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

Article is an excellent summary of Farage's lack of suitability as a leader for HMG.

It’s strange that we spend so much time talking about Nigel Farage. The one-time leader of Ukip and full-time agent provocateur has stood for election as an MP seven times, and successfully managed to become an MP precisely zero times. If you repeatedly reject somebody for a job and then they show up to work anyway, you don’t patiently listen to him rant about his ideas on how to run the company – you lock the doors and call security.

Voices: With his Putin comments, Nigel Farage has reminded us who he really is (msn.com)

Screaming Lord Sutch, of the Monster Raving Loony Party (vote loony, you know it makes sense!) stood for election many many times, perhaps he like Farage should have been locked out, whilst security was sent for!

And if Farage wins a seat, along perhaps with a number of other Reform candidates, what then? Lock them out and send for security?

Personally I think Farage speaks sense on many issues. On Putin, (and Trump) I think he is foolish and misguided. So what to do about me, and people like me (there do seem to be quite a lot of us)  - lock the doors and send for security?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

<Personally I think Farage speaks sense on many issues. On Putin, (and Trump) I think he is foolish and misguided. So what to do about me, and people like me >

Ignore. 

On 6/22/2024 at 3:38 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not a ‘buzz word’

People with a very close connections to ‘hedge funds’ backed BREXIT then laid investment bets against the UK.

Your claims to have worked for 25+ years with ‘hedge funds’ are as credible as any other anonymous internet claim.

I suggest rather that you  rely on arguments that the likes of Crispin ‘Odious’  not ‘rake it in’.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hedge-fund-manager-describes-moment-he-won-ps220-million-brexit-vote-the-morning-has-gold-in-its-mouth-a7323626.htmlIt’s 

Markets fall when there is uncertainty. Any serious investor would know that markets would have fallen temporarily if the UK voted to leave the EU. 

Odey very cleverly took positions to profit from that. For him it was a win win. His funds made millions and the UK was finally going to be free of the EU. 

Did you expect a hedge fund manager to sacrifice millions instead? 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Markets fall when there is uncertainty. Any serious investor would know that markets would have fallen temporarily if the UK voted to leave the EU. 

Odey very cleverly took positions to profit from that. For him it was a win win. His funds made millions and the UK was finally going to be free of the EU. 

Did you expect a hedge fund manager to sacrifice millions instead? 🤦‍♂️

No I expected the hedgefund managers to financially back the cause of the uncertainty and then profit off it.

Which is precisely what aides did.

Here's an election prediction from the Economist via a deep dive into polling.

"This year, in partnership with WeThink, a polling firm, The Economist has conducted its first-ever mrp analysis of a British general election. This mega-poll finds that Labour is on track to win 465 of the 632 seats in England, Scotland and Wales, giving it the biggest majority since the second world war. Meanwhile, the ruling Conservative Party, which won 365 seats in 2019, is set to collapse to a mere 76, the fewest in its history."

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2024/06/26/our-new-mega-poll-gives-labour-an-expected-majority-of-280-seats

45 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Here's an election prediction from the Economist via a deep dive into polling.

"This year, in partnership with WeThink, a polling firm, The Economist has conducted its first-ever mrp analysis of a British general election. This mega-poll finds that Labour is on track to win 465 of the 632 seats in England, Scotland and Wales, giving it the biggest majority since the second world war. Meanwhile, the ruling Conservative Party, which won 365 seats in 2019, is set to collapse to a mere 76, the fewest in its history."

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2024/06/26/our-new-mega-poll-gives-labour-an-expected-majority-of-280-seats

Not another assumption link...................:saai: