The Rise and Fall of Alex Jones: From Conspiracies to Courtrooms

Social Media

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please accept my condolences, I’m sure these are difficult and worrying times.

Are you not worried about WWIII...

I demand 1.5 billion dollars for my worry.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, johng said:

I've only just started down the rabbit hole. you think you are safe because you agree with the "establishment" view...well eventually there will be something you dispute enough to speak out about  and then it's you who's "down the rabbit hole" by then though there will probably be no one left to offer support.

Please enlighten me. What/who is “the establishment”? And who is/are they who “will be coming for me next”? 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And when did he admit he was wrong?

Go to his website and watch  you want a direct link  "do your own research"

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

the pain his words inflicted but because of the actual danger it put them in

His words may or may not have been "painful"  but he himself did not put anyone in danger..he did not kill anyone or go to their homes  that was all other persons  not Alex Jones.

2 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Please enlighten me. What/who is “the establishment”? And who is/are they who “will be coming for me next”? 

Sorry but  Some folks wouldn't know the truth, If it walked up and smacked them in the face!

b9596055338784eab02c5bb13a585648.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

When you commit slander you don't get a pass on what it may prompt others to do.

Ehh  no  Alex Jones did not prompt others to do anything  they did it of their own volition.

Alex Jones hurt the feelings of the families (+ FBI agent)  and was ordered to pay a totally disproportionate fine of 1.5 billion dollars !   now that his companies are being seized  the families will be getting very much less (0)  than the 50 odd million that Alex tried to settle for.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

for the effects their words have on the bahavior of others?

Seems totally spurious to me ...if i say I don't like McDonalds and that it is "Junk food"

then McDonalds sales slump,  I am somehow responsible and must reimburse  their losses  due to the actions of other people not buying McDonalds ?

• Sad 1

Just now, James105 said:

The deaths of their children made their lives a living hell.  You have been given an alternative (and incorrect) monster to point at to misdirect you from who is actually to blame for the deaths of their children and since (like so many people) you regurgitate what your media overlords tell you to think you give the actual monsters free reign to continue as they are.   

Maybe the families should be given $1.5bn to compensate them for their pain, but considering what Alex Jones did to them compared to the others then he should only be responsible for about $100,000 of it.   

What about the death of one's child should make one fear for one's life? Jones compounded their hell and made them fear for their lives. Stop trying to minimize the consequences of that nasty, dishonest creature's words. His lies in court just further damned him.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Seems totally spurious to me ...if i say I don't like McDonalds and that it is "Junk food"

then McDonalds sales slump,  I am somehow responsible and must reimburse  their losses  due to the actions of other people not buying McDonalds ?

I doubt that McDonalds would care to bring that to court since the unhealthy consequences of most of its offerings are well known.   But if you claim that McDonalds is lacing its hamburgers with, say, dangerous pathogens, then you could certainly be held liable for defamation. If you know, or should have known, that your claims are false, then you are liable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Conspiracy Theory defined:  Any substantive fact that doesn't fit the "commonly accepted narrative" or the "current status quo" or lies outside The Overton Window, and is promoted by state actors and main-stream media stakeholders alike to benefit both parties in their "Public-Private Partnerships" (government / corporate) at the expense of the commoners and "little people" who are kept in the dark and fed 🐂💩 like the good mushrooms that they are expected to be.  However given sufficient amounts of time (years / months / weeks) the facts can no longer be suppressed and those facts finally see the light of day at which point the MSM simply ignores them as they can no longer deny the veracity of the evidence, but they also refuse to acknowledge them either.  Well, other than to defame those who were pointing out the realities in the first place - "Conspiracy Theorists!!!"  It's a very effective ad-hominid attack among those who are willfully blind and prefer the comfort of the continuity bias of lies and untruths over cold-hard factual information which rips the mask off of the status quo and bends it over a stump.

Yeah - Alex Jones is a blow-hard and I can't really stand listening to him - but - a lot of those conspiracy theories he has touted over the years have proven to be conspiracy fact.  Like the old saying goes, "You get the most flak when you're directly over the target." 

:angry: "You're a Conspiracy Theorist!!! Ha ha ha Grrrrr!"

My experience has been that the people most prone to use that term are generally some of the dullest tacks in the box.
The willfully ignorant and people at the low end of the IQ spectrum don't particularly bother me any more than do growling soi dogs. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Maybe he did but he was not the cause of those kids being killed that caused the pain those parents went through.  Those more responsible would be the NRA, the company that made the weapons, the government that allowed the weapons to be circulated, the person or shop that allowed someone to buy the weapons, and most of all the person who did the actual shooting.   Fining Alex Jones $1.5 billion does nothing at all to stop the next batch of parents suffering in the same way.   The fact that he was fined so much when his contribution to their pain is so insignificant in comparison to those I listed is ridiculous and just gives those who are more responsible yet another free pass.  

Re-read your words "his contribution to their pain is so insignificant".

Shame on you.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Maybe he did but he was not the cause of those kids being killed that caused the pain those parents went through.  Those more responsible would be the NRA, the company that made the weapons, the government that allowed the weapons to be circulated, the person or shop that allowed someone to buy the weapons, and most of all the person who did the actual shooting.   Fining Alex Jones $1.5 billion does nothing at all to stop the next batch of parents suffering in the same way.   The fact that he was fined so much when his contribution to their pain is so insignificant in comparison to those I listed is ridiculous and just gives those who are more responsible yet another free pass.  

Re-read your words "his contribution to their pain is so insignificant".

Shame on you.

• Agree 1