Chumphon Tour Bus Crash Leaves Two Dead, Many Injured

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

One - it isn't a tour bus, From the photo, it's a regular bus service

Two - someone wasn't paying attention and was going too fast to avoid a collision. Perfectly normal here.

The call regular bus services tour buses in Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, Lazybones said:

The call regular bus services tour buses in Thailand. 

It doesn't matter what they call them. They do not tour, they go from A to B. Do Americans call buses that go from, say, New York to Boston a tour bus, or in the UK from London to Glasgow a tour bus? Are  VIP buses in Thailand for VIPs? English words in Thailand mean nothing. I stayed in a hotel called * Suites in Bangkok and it had normal rooms. The manager told me that suites was just a name.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They might be referred to as tour buses, but they are not on tour. See my post above. Stay safe.

I get what you’re saying. In farangland Tour buses refer to those carrying tourists around. Here, inter-city buses like those big double deckers are also referred to as tour buses. It’s a reference to size more so than function. Incidentally my first trip was ok. I enjoyed the experience. Couple of minor stuff like the guy in front of me fully reclined his seat for the entire duration leaving me with little room. A pair of old couple a few rows back spoke loudly most of the trip and as we got closer to destination in early hours of the morning started singing/chanting what seemed to resemble religious chanting. All in all it was fun!