Trey Gowdy Urges Republicans to Avoid Underestimating Biden in Upcoming Debate

Social Media

image.png.0d9b3dce0730cd45c1e6220dcb2e476f.png

Fox News host and former Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) cautioned Republicans against underestimating President Joe Biden's debate performance against former President Donald Trump in the upcoming debate. Speaking with fellow Fox News host Shannon Bream, Gowdy highlighted the risks Republicans face if they continue to portray Biden as an incapable opponent.

In the conversation, Bream posed a critical question to Gowdy: “Are Republicans in trouble regarding debate expectations after spending weeks characterizing Biden as an old, feeble man?” Gowdy's response emphasized the need for caution. "They [Republicans] gotta be very careful. I mean, I don’t know why Republicans fall into this trap of setting high expectations," he said, alluding to the heightened expectations for Trump's performance against Biden.

Gowdy elaborated on the unique nature of the upcoming debate, stating, “This debate, Shannon, to me is fascinating because it’s a combination of agenda and acuity, it’s content and cognitions. So the viewers will be watching both not only what you say, but are you fit for office? So, I don’t recall a debate in my lifetime where both of those issues were front and center for both of the candidates.”

Amidst this debate preparation, Trump and his supporters have floated baseless claims suggesting that any strong performance by Biden might be attributed to performance-enhancing drugs. Despite these allegations, Trump himself expressed caution about underestimating Biden. In a recent episode of the "All-In" podcast, Trump recalled Biden's strong debate against former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) during the 2012 vice presidential debate, saying, “Well, all I can say is this: I watched him with Paul Ryan, and he destroyed Paul Ryan. And he beat Paul Ryan, so, I’m not underestimating him.”

Biden's energetic and combative performance against Ryan in 2012 is often remembered as a significant victory that showcased his debating skills. As the upcoming debate on June 27 on CNN approaches, the stakes are high, with both Biden's and Trump's fitness for office and policy positions under intense scrutiny.

Credit: Hill 2024-06-24

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

2 minutes ago, JCauto said:

As to whom ought to be more worried about drug tests, I'd reckon the man with the known Adderall issues and possible cocaine use, both of which are known to increase incontinence in older men after years of use, should probably be the one who is more worried.

I thought Hunter was clean now? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

Who cares? Is he an elected official or working in the Government? Will he be participating in the debate? 

Do try to keep up. We were discussing the two debate participants - one of whom is the current President, the other of whom is the former President who apparently is having issues requiring the use of adult nappies. Can you connect the dots now?

Oh I thought we were talking about proven cocaine use, which is why I assumed Joe's son.

Do you have any evidence of either presidential candidate using Cocaine?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaipo7 said:

Tug - You are so full of crap, it isn't even funny.  The bar has been set so low that if he can keep awake for the 90 minutes and sound coherent to softball question, the Democrat controlled media will claim a victory.  Every Democrat from Biden down to DA Bragg knows this sham of a trial will be completely thrown out if not before but 100% chance by the Supreme Court.  The only thing the Left has going for them is that in the borough of Manhattan where they vote 96% Democrats they could not find one honest person that say the trial for what it was.  Bragg was assured of a conviction.  This is all the wanted so they could use this term up into the election.  They knew there is no way that this can be thrown out by a court before the election.  When it is finally proven of all the laws that were broken by Bragg and Judge Merchan, the damage will have been done.  It will take time for the final result.   A question for you.  What policy or policies of Biden's do you want to see continued for another 4 years??  

Sounds like your losing it already and Trump has not screwed up yet.

Trump can't engage in a single thought, so no need to try when we all know he has been confused ever since the stroke (trial).

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Biden may be old , but he has a team behind him .

He is 82 , a little bit slow , but for the debate he will be motivated and , may be , doped ( coke ? ) . 55

By the way , do the candidates need to pass drug tests before the event ?

I am curious if you yourself have tried cocaine. Trump has claimed President Biden has.

A user most likely cannot function well and its easy to see something is effecting them.

Media claim Trump is an Adderal user.

That drug helps you feel more alert, awake and focused.

Help you any?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Oh I thought we were talking about proven cocaine use, which is why I assumed Joe's son.

Do you have any evidence of either presidential candidate using Cocaine?

Yes, of course you did, especially when I wrote "I'd reckon the man with the known Adderall issues and possible cocaine use" in my post that you were responding to. Sorry, I had thought you were a native English speaker, I won't make fun of those for whom it is a second or third language.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Yes, of course you did, especially when I wrote "I'd reckon the man with the known Adderall issues and possible cocaine use" in my post that you were responding to. Sorry, I had thought you were a native English speaker, I won't make fun of those for whom it is a second or third language.

Oh, no evidence then.

Next...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Biden may be old , but he has a team behind him .

He is 82 , a little bit slow , but for the debate he will be motivated and , may be , doped ( coke ? ) . 55

By the way , do the candidates need to pass drug tests before the event ?

No

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Biden didn't start any war and US economy is simply great and powering the world. 

All under his appeasing  watch!

If it were Trumps admin , you’d be blowing the same Whistle !

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, riclag said:

He might be all you say !

He is leading in many polls, John!

Im a old timer who still loves the foundation of which my countries

founding values arrived from!

Trumps the GOAT in no wars & economy !

biden is  Chaotic!

Your hero , kennedy wasn’t allowed on the stage by dem democracy  rules 

The establishment in both the US and we see now in the UK will come together to smear and destroy any alternative to their power structure. 

• Thanks 1

'No actual principles': Trump walks back campaign promise — and takes heat from both sides

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2668587558/

Trump did surprise me but that soon passed by.

All he does is watch the news and reacts to it. He doesn't know what the f@#$ he's doing. There is no direction or guidance in his life. Every time he has a brain fart, excuses fly all over the place. Pretty soon he gonna have an interpreter at his rallies. Dementia has taken over.

there may be some abuse in turning off their microphones depending on how biased the station is. Everyone knows most of the bigger media are seriously biased against Trump. I expect they can use this to their advantage if they choose. It would be interesting to hear all of it instead of what the station crew choose for us to hear. This way, Trump could not argue later that he said something but the mic was off... and we can hear if Biden is truly too old to be president for another 4 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 1