When did it all get flushed?

SoCal1990

46 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The San Francisco mayoral debate took an odd turn on Monday after Democrat Mayor London Breed asked one of her challengers, Mark Farrell, to name "any drag queens" and three LGBTQ advisers to his campaign. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/progressive-mayor-challenges-rival-to-name-three-drag-queens-in-city-redeem-yourself/ar-BB1oB1ZY?ocid=BingNewsSerp

I was there 2 yrs ago and most  everything was open, now look at where it is.

And yet at the Majoral debates one candidate was asked to name 3 drag queens. Not about crime, about why the businesses are closed down, no.... This is what happens when you have democratic strongholds.

When in doubt stir up hatred towards minorities. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

When in doubt stir up hatred towards minorities. 

Try watching the video to see how pathetic that once grand tourist hotspot has become, then instead of discussing important issues the sitting major asks a candidate if he can name 3 drag queens.

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Try watching the video to see how pathetic that once grand tourist hotspot has become, then instead of discussing important issues the sitting major asks a candidate if he can name 3 drag queens.

Why do you care? Could you even afford to live there?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Another "I hate Trump thread". The spam woke crowd seem to be getting windy, bless 'em.

Woke, simp, snowflake, etc. More of the pathetic and rhetorical vocabulary that evolved in the USA after the birth of the MAGA disease. I have never met anybody personally who uses those words, thank goodness.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, SoCal1990 said:

When exactly did normalcy fully disappear from American civil society and it turned into this dystopian republic of fools living in some bizarre and fake alternative reality? 🙄 

If you can even make it through more than the first 7 minutes of this without throwing up then let me know. 

Well, to educate you a little and operate on facts as distinct from your feelings.

It started when Americans voted overwhelming and rejected the decades of Washington DC political swamp corruption and collusion of both Democrats and Republicans.

If you recall, he ran on draining the swamp and putting Americans first again.

You see, government is by the people, of the people and for the people, not for politicians to squander people's taxation money with their pet projects and foreign interests while feathering their own pockets.

Donald Trump, no matter what you think of him personally, is a businessman, not a politician.

The swamp, deep state bureaucrats, aided by Big Tech and Big Media, decided Trump was a threat to their kleptocracy as soon as he came down the escalator of Trump Tower.

So IMHO the origins of what you call "dystopian republic of fools" is a byproduct of the above.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Why do you care? Could you even afford to live there?

I've been visiting SF for over 40 yrs. Was a fun day trip, get to the wharf early, get some clam chowder and a bud for breakfast. I was there last 2 yrs ago. Don't think I'll bother anymore.

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I've been visiting SF for over 40 yrs. Was a fun day trip, get to the wharf early, get some clam chowder and a bud for breakfast. I was there last 2 yrs ago. Don't think I'll bother anymore.

So you're the yahoo tourist that goes to that tourist trap wharf. San Franciscans don't go there.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes the maga fascists are a minority though but unfortunately the structure of the US election system allows them the real chance of taking total power anyway.

You mean democracy? 😆 🤣 😂 

Honestly, it's the liberals who have turned totalitarian 

Edited by metisdead
Unauthorized edit corrected.

On 6/24/2024 at 6:22 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Just the picture of that video is enough to not click on it and watch even one second.

About the question when it started: I remember when Geroge W Busch got elected and many people all over the world thought that Americans are crazy. And many of us thought it can't get worse. Please, anybody but W. And then Trump appeared, and it got worse, a lot worse.

I don't know where it will go from here, but at least I am very careful with hoping anything else will be better. I am sure the Americans will find someone worse.

they did .....   they got bamboozaling Biden and Word Salad Kamala

On 6/24/2024 at 6:22 AM, OneMoreFarang said: