Brown out Samui

Power dropped off around 3pm this afternoon.
Someone told me we are down to one phase and most of the island is affected.

Obviously due to the rain and high wind we had, but has anyone heard when it’s likely to be reinstated?

TIA

Me too, nothing here in Maenam; but we had a blackout Saturday night from about midnight for around 5-6 hours due to a high-power line on the Ring Road between soi 1 and soi 3 had fallen down, or something like that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And yet another one tonight.

A little bit of rain a couple of hours ago and BANG!! nearby. Have slow fans and dim lights so likely another phase down...again.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

All good here at the pointy end last night but Plai Laem has a planned outage tomorrow from 14:00 to 16:00.

No indication of how widespread that will be.

Yes. My GF told me Bangrak also has one, but not sure of the time it will start, or duration. It sounds like one of those rolling power cuts, where they turn off each area as they proceed along doing maintenance.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sweating like a pig last night for about five hours after the electricity went off, which quite a common occurrence here.........then thought.....oh wait.......best check.........it was just our house that tripped.....laugh?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sweating like a pig last night for about five hours after the electricity went off, which quite a common occurrence here.........then thought.....oh wait.......best check.........it was just our house that tripped.....laugh?

Nice one  👍 but brown outs are a bit more common with the strong winds.

Should calm down for a while now.

One phase was out in parts of Plai Laem this morning.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

And yet another one. One or two fans working. No water, no air con. Lights very dim.

This has been far too frequent lately.

I heard they consider renaming it to Robinson Crusoe island.

• Confused 1

On 8/3/2024 at 5:49 PM, phetphet said:

And yet another one. One or two fans working. No water, no air con. Lights very dim.

This has been far too frequent lately.

Just like living in the past on Samui; many people wants the good old time back, here is some of it...😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Just like living in the past on Samui; many people wants the good old time back, here is some of it...😉

We have another one at this very moment. GF said there was a bang from the overhead cables as she drove by near to our place.  That's six since 24th June, not including the constant quick on offs that frequently happen.

Edited by phetphet

On 8/5/2024 at 8:31 PM, lom said:

What area do you live in? Soi?

Bangrak. Near Green Plaza. Also had another one yesterday morning. I saw the PEAs working on the cables. One was hanging down and they were also removing plant growth.

• Like 1

And another one right now.

A couple of fans ticking over, but that's about it. No water pump, so no shower.

Does anyone know a number where I can make a complaint? i doubt it will make much  difference, but it's worth a try.

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Does anyone know a number where I can make a complaint? i doubt it will make much  difference, but it's worth a try.

Why?  They already know the problem and know people are not happy with it.

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

And another one right now.

A couple of fans ticking over, but that's about it. No water pump, so no shower.

The girl in our office gave me this number

'Here is the number of Provincial Electricity Authority 077-33282'

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Complete power outage here in Plai Laem this morning. All three phases out.

No idea how long it has been out.

No power, no water - just 'cleaned up' in the pool. Quite cold after last night's storm.

And it is High Season - every villa is occupied. Phone ringing in 4, 3, 2................

Edited by Tropicalevo

54 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

No power, no water - just 'cleaned up' in the pool. Quite cold after last night's storm.

And it is High Season - every villa is occupied. Phone ringing in 4, 3, 2................

Might be something to do with that storm. Quite a lot of lightning, very close by. Maybe some damage.

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

I am in Plai Laem, no problems here (near Ritz Calrton)