Avoid AGODA

Angus55

37 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I wanted to book 3 weeks in Koh Chang from Australia recently. Agoda was always consistently cheaper - much cheaper for the same product. The odd thing now is there is little consistency - you get different prices depending on when you book i.e. prices continually are updated for the same dates, whether you start from Google or say Tripadvisor or other site then click the Agoda link, etc . But Agoda are often 20 per cent cheaper so they are fine by me. Never had a problem with the booking. Have contacted them a couple of times and no worse than other sites who have limited call centres. 

One minor thing - if you take the pay later option it is an extra 5 per cent they add without making it clear. 

Ever thought of using use paragraphs?

Obviously didn't go to school in Australia?

my fault though I opened your post from my blocked list 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You blocked me. Wow - I didn't think anyone noticed me enough to block me. Thanks. 

It's ok once you said you are from Australia I understood why you can't write the Queen's english,

just another low class uneducated  Aussie 

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 6/25/2024 at 1:57 PM, soi3eddie said:

After Covid and the flight refund debacle, anyone who books flights other than direct with the airline by credit card must be mad. 

this year new airline rules will make them refund you on the spot if flight cancelled......and ive booked 3rd party with my CC(protections) for 16 yrs and never had an issue....but i guess im just crazy....crazy like a fox!

as i would use my CC to contest it and refuse payment for services cancelled outside of my own fault...hence paying with CC

19 minutes ago, treetops said:

No they don't.  The poster who said that is not renowned for his credibility.

I pay for flight ticket purchases with a credit card.

same...3rd party sites with my CC in case theres an issue as its not MY money im paying with...until services rendered...

5 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

It's ok once you said you are from Australia I understood why you can't write the Queen's english,

just another low class uneducated  Aussie 

I must say I do appreciate you. I too am sampling a kind of retirement for two month while on leave from my Australian job.  I learnt from your mistake and mixed up Koh Chang and Jomtiem rather than all in one place like you did.  Spent more too on a decent room in Jomtiem on Booking.com as compared to the jail cell type room you booked as per your other post. Booking.com even gave me an extra discount for no reason in particular. Thanks for that. 

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I must say I do appreciate you. I too am sampling a kind of retirement for two month while on leave from my Australian job.  I learnt from your mistake and mixed up Koh Chang and Jomtiem rather than all in one place like you did.  Spent more too on a decent room in Jomtiem on Booking.com as compared to the jail cell type room you booked as per your other post. Booking.com even gave me an extra discount for no reason in particular. Thanks for that. 

The way to go !! 😄 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:55 PM, Tropicalevo said:

I did not know that they booked flights.

I only use them for hotels.

For flights, I try to book with the airline.

No one else will help you if anything goes wrong.

credit card i use will contest it.....also maybe buy flight insurance????....so yes...there is help if you use your brain

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

No booking site will refund you if the flight is delayed.

someone threw up blood from DC to LAX fight an detoured to NM and still made my flight out of LAX

southwest automatically offered me $100 credit and as noted still made my fight........also flight insurance???? you know like car insurance..for protection.....applies to boat and homes too

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, outsidetrader said:

Skyscanner is the best without a doubt 

not bad I use some others as well but not gonna give up the ghost  🙂

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Did that and AMEX had re-credited my card account within 3 hours. Why didn't you do same?

correct as is WHY is also use my CC to book 3rd party flights...which you just said is only done by crazy pp.........hmmmm

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

More ! More ! You want MOooore !!!

Edited 3 hours ago by georgegeorgia

Less!!! LESS!  of your drivel!!!!!!!!!! LEss  !!!!   funny how u blame others about paragraphs that post  MOoooore  !!!!      lol

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

I thought so too initially, but now I think they just make it so complicated that most people give up, especially when it is just a buck or two

I didn't give up. After 120 days waiting time, as asked to do, I went to claim my reward.

What popped up was; "Award not collected" and "Case closed".... 100% pure criminal activity.

But I'm ahead a few hundred, or thousands, bucks:

I get one or two nights for a great Agoda, Booking etc "come-on" price and then make a deal with hotel manager/owner for longer stay for the same low price. Sometimes the whole month.

Those companies also have reserved a block of room per months. A week before the end they sell for what ever they get. Prices are good. They have to pay regardless they sell or not.

As noted by somebody they also keep IP addresses. VPN is great tool to fool them. Same effect with using hotel's desk & laptops -:)

To me this is great brain exercise and alzheimer slow down tactics.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's easy enough: the hotel management for allowing their staff to blame agoda when, by their own admission, they know that they "always makes mistakes". The hotel, by insisting it was all agoda's fault, basically insisted that you were an idiot for using them.

Agoda has no way to add a free breakfast to a hotel's offer, either mistakenly or dishonestly. They display the room rates and offers given them by the hotel. Maybe the hotel did offer included breakfast previously, changed that offer and either haven't updated their agoda listing or agoda has missed the change. Nevertheless, the hotel hasn't done anything about it, knows there's an issue but preferring the "always makes mistakes" excuse while taking advantage of customers being wrongly advised.

Omg theres no need to sound so angry..please

On 6/25/2024 at 8:38 AM, Angus55 said:

When booking airline tickets its worth paying a little more to AVOID AGODA. If your flight has no problem you may be ok but if your flight time is changed ,delayed or any other problem ,Agoda will not refund your money. So do yourself a favor and be warned.

It has been known for many years that the best deal is always direct with the airline. Then of course there are airlines that are much better than others. Especially with reclamations. Also, those cheap tickets often means flying at awful times, and often with very very long layovers ! There’s always a catch.

51 minutes ago, geisha said:

It has been known for many years that the best deal is always direct with the airline. Then of course there are airlines that are much better than others. Especially with reclamations. Also, those cheap tickets often means flying at awful times, and often with very very long layovers ! There’s always a catch.

Not true. Many Asian airlines will provide special discounts or access to a seat inventory not available from an OTA or the airline itself. Examples of this are;  EVA, and mainland and Chinese airlines. The arrangements reflect the  agency's preferred status die to sales volume or activity as a local hub and the usual "special arrangements" that are a characteristic of Asian airlines.

20 hours ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Yeah, I too stopped using Agoda a few months ago. I find AirBnb & Booking to be best for accomodation. For airfare, I find it's best to use Google Flights or Skyskanner to see which airlines fly your desired route, and then book directly with the airline.

Agoda cheaper though.

On 6/25/2024 at 11:36 PM, jaywalker2 said:

I booked a hotel on Agoda that clearly stated that breakfast was included. When I got to the hotel, they told me no breakfast . I showed them the Agoda confirmation and they told me that they never use Agoda due to problems in the past and always use Booking.com. In fact, I had made the booking over Agoda but the hotel had received the booking from Booking.com.  I told them it was basically the same company but they insisted that Agoda always makes mistakes.

As it turned out, the breakfast was terrible so I didn't really care but I still had to wonder who was at fault.

Hotel is at fault. Liars.