Visa renewal and tax?

5 minutes ago, Maestro said:

There is also no such requirement when applying for a new visa. (Just in case the OP really meant visa)

I have heard one mentioned he had to provide bank statements this year, for his renewal of marriage visa even he had a embassy letter. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I have heard one mentioned he had to provide bank statements this year, for his renewal of marriage visa even he had a embassy letter. 

Bank statements are not normally required if using the income method with Embassy letter.(Absent an Embassy letter, statement showing incoming  international transfers each month is required).

Some individual Imm offices ask for things  not really required, it happens. 

Which immigration office do you use?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It was not my immigration office, just one who lives in Bangkok, frustrated he had to produce more documentation this year, and BKK bank require 2 weeks notice to produce bank statements.

What you are inquiring about is not tax related.

Seems some offices have started to require 12 month bank statements.

Think you will find BBL takes 7 days.

Other banks on the spot.

I have done all my extensions at CW and for the last 2  immigration want me to provide 12 month statement (funds in bank method retirement).

Prior to that bankbook pages photocopies were sufficient 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What you are inquiring about is not tax related.

Seems some offices have started to require 12 month bank statements.

Think you will find BBL takes 7 days.

Other banks on the spot.

I have done all my extensions at CW and last 2  immigration want me to provide 12 month statement (funds in bank method retirement) 

Even they have Embssy letter confirm income? 

35 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If he did, it didn't have anything to do with taxes, but only to confirm that his income was legitimate.

Edited by JohnnyBD
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Which makes sense, if it is to verify compliance with the minimal balance requirement.

Compliance can easily be checked with looking at bankbook pages.

When I discussed it with the main io at extension desks as to why they couldn't reply on the bank book the reason given was that in one month there was no activity in my account. 

Nonsense reason especially given that it was all fine for 10 extensions.

Just typical immigration rubbish 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnnyBD said:

If he did, it didn't have anything to do with taxes, but only to confirm that his income was legitimate.

When he have embassy letter, he already proved income and the requirements for renewing the legal stay based on marriage.

This is one of the reasons I am now pulling out of Thailand. When Im transferring founds to stay, I do not transfer monthly, I transfer when needed. 

13 minutes ago, connda said:

You people worry wayyyyy too much about this tax issue which hasn't even been implemented yet. 

Did you even read the posts.

The title is misleading.

It's nothing to do with taxation.

The OP is concerned that even with embassy letter that immigration office can/may require 12 month of bank statements for income method for annual extensions 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

The title is misleading.

The OP is concerned that even with embassy letter that immigration office can/may require 12 month of bank statements for income method

And it could be for tax reasons.

Embassy letter is one of the requirements needed, and should not be any reasons for additional bank statements as the requirements is pr today. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

And it could be for tax reasons.

Embassy letter is one of the requirements needed, and should not be any reasons for additional bank statements as the requirements is pr today. 

All UK, USA, AU folk have been already providing 12 month statements for annual extensions using income method.

There are threads running in "banking finance" forum.

If you have specific tax related question, best to post there.

You stated earlier......

"This is one of the reasons I am now pulling out of Thailand. When Im transferring founds to stay, I do not transfer monthly, I transfer when needed" 

Surely bit melodramatic. You can easily adjust your living to monthly transfers and not serious reason to leave Thailand. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The title is misleading.

The OP is concerned that even with embassy letter that immigration office can/may require 12 month of bank statements for income method for annual extensions 

The OP actually asked if he would need a tax number to renew his extension,  along with other requirements.  Which Sheryl answered with ease.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

All UK, USA, AU folk have been already providing 12 month statements for annual extensions using income method.

There are threads running in "banking finance" forum.

If you have specific tax related question, best to post there.

You stated earlier......

"This is one of the reasons I am now pulling out of Thailand. When Im transferring founds to stay, I do not transfer monthly, I transfer when needed" 

Surely bit melodramatic. You can easily adjust your living to monthly transfers and not serious reason to leave Thailand. 

Some people here makes this tread  bit more complicated than necessary. 

Is there any new documentation required for renewal?

Do you need a tax number for renewal?

Is bank statements obligated?

I do not transfer every month, and it will affect my renewal if Im asked to produce for my renewal in 5 months.

Not complicated is it?

This year I will stay less than 180 days, so no taxation for me.

• Confused 4