Foreigner’s key theft at Chon Buri hotel unlocks social media storm - video

snoop1130

On 6/27/2024 at 11:34 AM, NowNow said:

Has he been accused of behaving improperly? Let us assume that he has paid for his room. If so, then he hasn't stolen the key. She can always give him a refund of what he has paid, but she cannot ask him to leave whilst keeping his payment.

Ex-boyfriend perhaps? Otherwise it's a bit strange that she addresses him by a short form of his first name.

He didn't so the whole post is conjecture and simply off target. 

On 6/27/2024 at 12:25 PM, Keeps said:

Perhaps he had a night out on the sauce and lost his key. Staggered back drunk, saw a spare key hanging up behind reception for his room number. Maybe the nighttime 'security' asleep/drunk. Helped himself to the key and slept it off?

Maybe that's her problem? Nobody knows with the information provided in the original story.

Probably more to this than first meets the eye, maybe?

Where on earth is all this conjecture coming from? He had not paid for the room, and it is reported he stole the key and refused to leave when asked and locked hotel staff out of the room. The only report we can go by is that in the OP. 

Is this some insane 'falang can do no wrong, blame the Thai' perspective!

On 6/27/2024 at 1:05 PM, Freddy42OZ said:

My understanding from the story is he paid to stay there for a period of time, then when he left he stole the key so he could return and access the room for free to get extra nights without paying. 

Presumably he knew the place is not busy and the room would be vacant upon his return. 

Quite how he checked out without handing back the key is an unanswered question.

It does not say anywhere he checked out and kept his key.. simply he stole a key, likely on his return. It would be unusual here, fail to return  the key on checkout, (not a keycard), and they will take the deposit or insist on a payment.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Criminal trespass and likely a few others. 

Exactly. It does not matter if he “payed for the room”, stole a key, misbehaved , or even acted perfectly while causing no nuisance at all to other guests . 

The moment this aggressor refused to vacate the premises when ordered by management, he became trespasser. A criminal, in material breach of the Thai law. Clearly subject to the prosecutions and punishments outlined by language prescribed within the criminal code.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Exactly. It does not matter if he “payed for the room”, stole a key, misbehaved , or even acted perfectly while causing no nuisance at all to other guests . 

The moment this aggressor refused to vacate the premises when ordered by management, he became trespasser. A criminal, in material breach of the Thai law. Clearly subject to the prosecutions and punishments outlined by language prescribed within the criminal code.  

Wrong. Your post is just ludicrous. 😊 That is why there is the process of eviction, according to law. You are just a pretender. Pretending to understand the law that you quote. 

6 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I am grown... it is he and you who should grow up and open your minds to the fact that bad behavior is wrong and has consequences... mommy can't always be there for you... 555

Or perhaps you shouldn't get 'triggered' by what you see on social media. 😊 I prefer to hear both sides before getting overly excited.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, NowNow said:

Or perhaps you shouldn't get 'triggered' by what you see on social media. 😊 I prefer to hear both sides before getting overly excited.

Actually I wasn't triggered... I merely commented that whatever his belief or reality is... the real world has laws which support the owner asking him to leave and he broke the law by refusing and locking himself in the hotel's room.

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Actually I wasn't triggered... I merely commented that whatever his belief or reality is... the real world has laws which support the owner asking him to leave and he broke the law by refusing and locking himself in the hotel's room.

Nope, again, there is a process. Likely why the police didn't turn up in the first place.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, NowNow said:

You have no idea as to the reality 😙 Only the rantings of a mad woman.

One has to accept the only evidence available and witness statement(s). To ignore them completely and start making up silly scenarios serves no purpose except to give fools a mouthpiece. 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

One has to accept the only evidence available and witness statement(s). To ignore them completely and start making up silly scenarios serves no purpose except to give fools a mouthpiece. 

That would be quite contrary to over half of the opinionators who post on this forum... it would be a fool's folly to try.