The Big Decision- who will Trump pick for VP?

Hanaguma

16 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Like riding a Harley.  If you don’t get it, you don’t get it.

Do you guys think you are cool. I hadn't considered that being a Republican might be considered as ... cool. I haven't seen that in traditional Republicans and I certainly haven't seen that in Trump or his followers. Different way of looking at things I suppose .. 

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Do you guys think you are cool. I hadn't considered that being a Republican might be considered as ... cool. I haven't seen that in traditional Republicans and I certainly haven't seen that in Trump or his followers. Different way of looking at things I suppose .. 

Perhaps some day you will wake up and see the light.  Perhaps!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, G_Money said:

Like riding a Harley.  If you don’t get it, you don’t get it.

It's hard not to get that you are in a cult when you keep trying to reminding us constantly.  Like children throwing fits trying to get their parents attention.

image.gif.a6ba31dfee4b9673c0e9585e00047201.gif 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Screaming said:

I like J.D. Vance. He is young (39), conservative, very smart and would make a good President.

On what basis do you make that claim? yes, the man is intelligent and is presentable, but really what has he accomplished or built?   He has had the benefit of being promoted and advertised as someone special, but really he is not. He went to law school, but was not recognized as a legal expert.  There is a good reason why tones down his military service when he is around active service veterans and that is because he was a public relations face when he was deployed to Iraq,  and not a combat action veteran. Nothing wrong in that, but the people trying to promote him on the basis of his presence in iraq insult the personnel who were combat veterans.

He was a venture capitalist financier for a few years. VC people invest for profit, not for human or social consideration. He invested in companies with the sole intent of squeezing out as much money as he could, even if that required the target company taking on debt. These VC firms have been the driving force behind the USA's industrial weakness, forcing manufacturing to low wage countries and eliminating jobs that allowed US workers to pay taxes that supported the nation. Part of his job was to exploit the laws that regulated M&As, and governance so that profit was maximized.  All legal, but hardly in the same league as a someone who has built America through innovation or job creation.

He may be a nice guy, and quite decent, but that isn't the point. Does he have people skills? Can he unite people? I don't think he can at this stage of his political career. Maybe a cabinet secretary or maybe he can step up in the senate and show some leadership. Maybe with time, he would make a good President, but he is not there yet. There are  many qualified and good potential VP candidates, none of whom are considered because of politics. Multiple Republican governors have been able to win over Democrats and others have  managed their states decently. Some of these governors are Phill Scott, VT, Bill Lee TN and Mark Gordon, WY. None are swing state governors, but they are good at what they do.

Edited by Patong2021
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

On what basis do you make that claim? yes, the man is intelligent and is presentable, but really what has he accomplished or built?   He has had the benefit of being promoted and advertised as someone special, but really he is not. He went to law school, but was not recognized as a legal expert.  There is a good reason why tones down his military service when he is around active service veterans and that is because he was a public relations face when he was deployed to Iraq,  and not a combat action veteran. Nothing wrong in that, but the people trying to promote him on the basis of his presence in iraq insult the personnel who were combat veterans.

He was a venture capitalist financier for a few years. VC people invest for profit, not for human or social consideration. He invested in companies with the sole intent of squeezing out as much money as he could, even if that required the target company taking on debt. These VC firms have been the driving force behind the USA's industrial weakness, forcing manufacturing to low wage countries and eliminating jobs that allowed US workers to pay taxes that supported the nation. Part of his job was to exploit the laws that regulated M&As, and governance so that profit was maximized.  All legal, but hardly in the same league as a someone who has built America through innovation or job creation.

He may be a nice guy, and quite decent, but that isn't the point. Does he have people skills? Can he unite people? I don't think he can at this stage of his political career. Maybe a cabinet secretary or maybe he can step up in the senate and show some leadership. Maybe with time, he would make a good President, but he is not there yet. There are  many qualified and good potential VP candidates, none of whom are considered because of politics. Multiple Republican governors have been able to win over Democrats and others have  managed their states decently. Some of these governors are Phill Scott, VT, Bill Lee TN and Mark Gordon, WY. None are swing state governors, but they are good at what they do.

Yeah, JD for sure doesn't have a stacked resume- hard to do at age 39. Yet the argument can be made that others have been in the Presidential picture with similar, or even thinner, CVs. For me, he would be a number 3 or so pick, but he is not unusual in his qualifications. Plus having a compelling story of growing up in abject poverty and making something of himself. That sells well.

• Like 1

I think he'll pick Burgum.  He has that somewhat nebbishy, empty-suit presence like Pence did.  DT doesn't like to be upstaged.

Now if he picked Rubio or Vance I think he would make them his b_tch, tell them what to say and do, etc.  His knows first-hand how spineless and hollow they are.  In 2008 I was saying Hillary won't be picked as VP because if she is one heartbeat away from the presidency she just might do something about that heartbeat.  These 2 guys don't have the guts to even fantasize about it. 

But let's see how the conviction and the convention goes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I think he'll pick Burgum.  He has that somewhat nebbishy, empty-suit presence like Pence did.  DT doesn't like to be upstaged.

Now if he picked Rubio or Vance I think he would make them his b_tch, tell them what to say and do, etc.  His knows first-hand how spineless and hollow they are.  In 2008 I was saying Hillary won't be picked as VP because if she is one heartbeat away from the presidency she just might do something about that heartbeat.  These 2 guys don't have the guts to even fantasize about it. 

Burgum is so obviously the pick that it might not be Burgum and the convicted felon like to surprise.

Vance has a beard. Trump won't like that look. 

6 minutes ago, bendejo said:

You obviously don't know Doug Burgum very well.

He is a self made multi-millionaire (possibly billionaire), born on a farm in North Dakota and built his own computer software company from scratch. Successful governor, philanthropist, classic salt-of-the-earth midwesterner. 

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

You obviously don't know Doug Burgum very well.

He is a self made multi-millionaire (possibly billionaire), born on a farm in North Dakota and built his own computer software company from scratch. Successful governor, philanthropist, classic salt-of-the-earth midwesterner. 

Yes Trump wants his money as well. 

Who is most Trump-like that he will never turn on?

DonaldTrump!

So POTUS candidate Trump picks himself as the VP. Trump wins POTUS and by default VPOTUS. POTUS then resigns and the VPOTUS becomes POTUS and grants himself as former POTUS a pardon from any and all federal crimes.

Wikipedia:

Neither the Constitution's eligibility provisions nor the Twenty-second Amendment's presidential term limit disqualify a twice-elected president from serving as vice president, though it is arguably prohibited by the last sentence of the Twelfth Amendment: "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." As of the 2020 election cycle, however, no former president has tested the amendment's legal restrictions or meaning by running for the vice presidency.

28 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Who is most Trump-like that he will never turn on?

DonaldTrump!

So POTUS candidate Trump picks himself as the VP. Trump wins POTUS and by default VPOTUS. POTUS then resigns and the VPOTUS becomes POTUS and grants himself as former POTUS a pardon from any and all federal crimes.

Wikipedia:

Neither the Constitution's eligibility provisions nor the Twenty-second Amendment's presidential term limit disqualify a twice-elected president from serving as vice president, though it is arguably prohibited by the last sentence of the Twelfth Amendment: "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." As of the 2020 election cycle, however, no former president has tested the amendment's legal restrictions or meaning by running for the vice presidency.

16 year term :cheesy: