How much do you drink (if at all)

still kicking

In Scotland, 10 pints if I go out, and if I do go out it's a maximum once a week In Thailand, 10 large bottles of beer probably five days a week. 

On the odd occasion ( used to be regular ) I'll go on an all-night session and that's somewhere around 30 bottles in Thailand. To be fair, that's usually a twelve-hour session going home at 7am. 

I'm getting old, I used to drink a lot more than that on an all-nighter.  

I'm in the 'if at all' side of that. 

Don't even have any at the house.  Stop buying boxes/slabs, as took too long to finish; 24 Beer Lao Darks (330ml) or Kopper Kraft (490ml).   Might take 6 months to finish, and had to buy when filled within 2 months.  Last bottle of Bacardi's I had, lasted couple years :cheesy:

I was regularly drinking a bottle of gin per week for the last several years until a couple of months ago, when my annual medical check-up showed a big spike in my liver enzymes. So I stopped, and have switched to having an occasional San Mig Zero in the meantime.

On 6/27/2024 at 4:10 PM, novacova said:

Don’t drink alcohol or smoke anything. Occasionally walk past a bar full of farangs, sounds like a bunch of incoherent turkeys 

I don't drink any more... big problem for me so had to stop and started doing the AA 12 step program. I would probably be close to death and one of those incoherent Turkeys complaining about how the world is going to hell and explaining to everybody how it really should be :-). 

I want to live the rest of my days fully awake and not anesthetized with that crude drug alcohol until my last day. What a waste that would be.

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Agree 1

I knocked it on the head because the hangover was no longer worth it. 

it wasn't really a conscious decision, I just realized that I was no longer choosing to have a drink in all the old situations. Suddenly it was a few weeks, then a few months.  

I will have a drink or two on occasion, but I realized every time I get drunk, it is at the expense of too many other things I enjoy doing.  

only downside is meeting friends on a sesh and discovering they are all babbling morons

weed is an entirely different story

Edited by n00dle