Another Angry Farang? - don't laugh

pluto72

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

I never witnessed it or heard of it happening, and it doesn't fit with how they behave.  Thais pushing in front of foreigners I have experienced, heard of happening, and it fits in with how Thais treat foreigners.

Selective perception. I certainly have. I noticed the breaking in line at the banks soon as I moved to Thailand. My gf at the time confirmed it happens to her sometimes and is common. She figured the line-breakers have a more urgent need. Thais don't get particularly upset about it, of course.

It's rather common among Asians. I first noticed it among the Chinese in San Francisco. A later visit to Hong Kong really opened my eyes. And don't get me started on Japanese obasan, "old grannies," who'll cut you off in the supermarkets and snatch something off the shelf while you're reaching for it. I joked w/ a Japanese friend that the obasan need to attend a special charm school. He laughed and revealed that the obasan are a protected class, rather like the old bigots on this forum, long as they don't use their fave racial slurs. Years ago the slurs used to be permitted, but the rules changed for the better.

2 hours ago, RobU said:

It's Liverpool Lou up to his old tricks. He waits until someone makes a statement then makes derisory comments. He never posts an opinion or statement other than to insult other people

1 hour ago, RobU said:

People like him drive away new users by deriding them for not knowing or simply having a different opinion. People post questions or statements because sometimes they are new to Thailand and he jumps in with insults mocking them. 

Well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Usually this happens with foreigners because Thais are in fear of the language barrier. So it's a head in the sand thing. This time that wasn't the case though. 

Thais are in fear of the language barrier - Why? In their own country?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I prefer to controlling myself when matter as these, while disrespectful, I do not consider as a "problem" I need to address or solve; there is no need for me to "call them out" and chance a confrontation, with whoever they are! I do not disrespect others so I am never a problem to them!

Some things taught to us as kids do not belong in the realms of mature adults - no need for revenge to accommodate our principles that could easily lead to something more difficult to deal with.

So the "mature response" is to allow others to treat you badly whilst being careful not to annoy them?

Obviously it's up to you if you want to live this way, and I'm sure you have a great deal of patience and humility, but you must be able to understand that a lot of people don't share this outlook.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2024 at 9:23 AM, pluto72 said:

The server explained that I needed to take a ticket and give it to the attendant.

Why not save yourself stress by simply assuming that you're always in the wrong and don't know what's what?

It will be true 98% of the time.

As to the other 2%, you live like an Aztec God compared to these sweet, poor people. You fly in a chair through the sky whenever you want to (thank you, Louis CK). Tip well, be nice.

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, RobU said:

It's Liverpool Lou up to his old tricks. He waits until someone makes a statement then makes derisory comments. He never posts an opinion or statement other than to insult other people

Does a good job of debunking some of the nonsense that permeates the forum.👍 It's hard work, but somebody needs to do it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I prefer to controlling myself when matter as these, while disrespectful, I do not consider as a "problem" I need to address or solve; there is no need for me to "call them out" and chance a confrontation, with whoever they are! I do not disrespect others so I am never a problem to them!

Some things taught to us as kids do not belong in the realms of mature adults - no need for revenge to accommodate our principles that could easily lead to something more difficult to deal with.

I must admit whilst I don't agree with Chris ,.....I love his opinion ,wish I could have the same thoughts 

Great post 

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Please remember that other competitors ( forums, boards , advertising ) use paid trolls to denigrate new posters 

Never forget this is a business 

They have given up on my me mostly because I know their tricks.

Good point

On 6/28/2024 at 10:18 AM, Pouatchee said:

when i first got here in the very early 2000's, i went to a post office and an old lady rudely cut in front of me in the queue. i was really angry, but my then gf told me my pen rai... chai yen yen. -->relax take it easy.

now, if anyone does this i learned the very useful phrase--> ko tod krup, khun mai mee marayat krup...

translate: excuse me, you have bad manners 

and i make sure i keep my queue

but what gets me the most is when a cashier opens because of long queues and people rush to be first rather than letting those who should go first do so. about this one... nothing you can do...

Similar thing happened to me in the bank and the lady rudely asked the cashier why she was attending to a farang instead of her.

The cashier just replied that my queue ticket was before hers.

Old lady angrily stormed off.

• Thanks 1