Biden Vows to Return for Second Debate Against Trump Despite Disastrous Performance

Social Media

3 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

Screenshot_2024_0629_085428.thumb.png.20a9223226ab98612f345e3d3afd4b6f.png

One shudders to think what Biden will look like in 4.5 years!

Or, no need to consider 4.5 years from today, actually.

What will he look like walking to the voting booth this November, five months from now.

Will he even be able to find the voting booth, much less have the strength to pull a lever?

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't think he will be alive in 4 years. He doesn't look at all well. 

Mark my words, something will happen to him healthwise in the coming weeks, which will cause the Dems to find a new candidate. 

Your prediction is actually not unlikely.

He does not look well, at all.

Guys with egos big enough to run for prez of the United States are a very strange breed.

Reality is foreign to them.

3 hours ago, candide said:

You are becoming pathetic. China is a developing economy. Developing or emerging economies have higher growth rates than developed economies. That's why they are called "developing" economies. 😀

The U.S. performs much better than comparable countries (i.e. G7 and eurozone).

There was never such a difference in performance under Trump. It was quite average and similar to other developed countries.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

5f20b174-2560-42cf-af83-4de31cbbf809.png

0f37d7d4-7d00-4b1c-9343-0effd980b0a1.png

Pathetic. Picking 7 countries only.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

You're starting again with unproven numbers. Broken record. I have linked a reliable source (IMF) discrediting these numbers.

BTW, why UK? Because GDP growth has been 15 times lower than in the U.S. during the last published 4 quarters? 😀

What is your weird obsession with gdp? This is the most pathetic cherry picking nonsense of all time. You are a troll. Nobody in the suburbs cares. They care about fuel, food and power prices. 

Only 17% of gdp growth comes from government spending anyway. 

https://obermeyerwood.com/blog/what-drives-us-gdp-growth-us-gdp-growth-obermeyer-wood-investment-counsel

Edited by susanlea
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

What is your weird obsession with gdp? This is the most pathetic cherry picking nonsense of all time. You are a troll. Nobody in the suburbs cares. They care about fuel, food and power prices. 

It's just the main economic indicator, sucker! 😀

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

Sure, the OECD, the IMF, etc.. are ignorant! 😀

More schooling for the beginner

Used alone, GDP may provide misleading signals about the health of an economy,” the World Bank’s The Changing Wealth of Nations 2018 report read. “It does not reflect depreciation and depletion of assets, whether investment and accumulation of wealth are keeping pace with population growth, or whether the mix of assets is consistent with a country’s development goals.”

https://www.worldfinance.com/strategy/why-gdp-is-no-longer-the-most-effective-measure-of-economic-success

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Driven 83% by the private sector. You had no clue.

Same under any President, including Trump. There has never been such a difference in performance under Trump, now U.S. GDP growth is ×3, 4, up to 8, compared to other developed economies. In particular in UK which you proudly cited! 😀

To be honest, it's not all due to public policies, but it shows MAGA claims that Biden's economy is a disaster is complete B.S. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, candide said:

Same under any President, including Trump. There has never been such a difference in performance under Trump, now U.S. GDP growth is ×3, 4, up to 8, compared to other developed economies. In particular in UK which you proudly cited! 😀

To be honest, it's not all due to public policies, but it shows MAGA claims that Biden's economy is a disaster is complete B.S. 

I feel sorry for you. Trying so hard yet losing so badly.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I can't believe how little you know. GDP is a very poor indicator of a lot of things. 

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/gdp-frog-matchbox-david-pilling-growth-delusion/

What a sucker

Tell that to all economists who are using it as a major indicator! 😀

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

More schooling for the beginner

Used alone, GDP may provide misleading signals about the health of an economy,” the World Bank’s The Changing Wealth of Nations 2018 report read. “It does not reflect depreciation and depletion of assets, whether investment and accumulation of wealth are keeping pace with population growth, or whether the mix of assets is consistent with a country’s development goals.”

https://www.worldfinance.com/strategy/why-gdp-is-no-longer-the-most-effective-measure-of-economic-success

Very interesting comment. How does it apply to the U.S. economy? Tell us whether investment and accumulation of wealth are keeping pace with population growth, or whether the mix of assets is consistent with a country’s development goals, in the case of the U.S?

Or is it that you play smartass but don't know what you are talking about? 😀

Edited by candide
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I feel sorry for you. Trying so hard yet losing so badly.

Not trying anything, that's what the distinguished economists appointed by the OECD and the UK House think it is relevant to consider. 😀

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

He had a cold guys. Cmon 

Nothing excuses that performance but it appears that he was overprepared and not allowed enough rest before the big night.

There is no sugar coating that horrifically bad performance.

Can he come back from that? I guess anything is possible but I wouldn't put money on it. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nothing excuses that performance but it appears that he was overprepared and not allowed enough rest before the big night.

There is no sugar coating that horrifically bad performance.

Can he come back from that? I guess anything is possible but I wouldn't put money on it. 

Oh god you voted for the guy and backed him to till like 2 days ago. Give me a break it’s pathetic. You’re basically completely discredited 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO all the Trump campaign has to do now is post clips of Biden during the debate. They could not possibly find anything better to show how pathetic Biden has become.

I bet the Russians and Chinese will be working hard to get him re elected :cheesy:

Joe and Jill went down the stairs !

KJP CANT spin this as cheap fake !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robert Paulson said:

Oh god you voted for the guy and backed him to till like 2 days ago. Give me a break it’s pathetic. You’re basically completely discredited 

I never preferred him for the nomination. But he wanted it and as a successful incumbent he was as is normal in U.S. party politics, not opposed. So of course I supported him against Trump and I still and will always support him against Trump.

But based on that debate, I really do hope he voluntary withdraws from the nomination.