Should Biden do another LBJ? When? (Not If)

GammaGlobulin

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Pelosi was just on CNN saying Biden is still fit. During the interview she literally was having a hard time speaking and was reminiscent of Biden.

Did she say anything about her trip to Taiwan, or revisiting the island nation?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Pelosi was just on CNN saying Biden is still fit. During the interview she literally was having a hard time speaking and was reminiscent of Biden.

Anyone who has ever spent time around a person with advancing dementia should have known long ago that Biden was not fit for office.

I went through a similar situation with my father.  When he was 80, he was 100%, both mentally and physically.  By the time he was 85, a slight decline was noticeable.  Some days were worse than others. He was mostly doing well, but once in a while it was obvious.  His memory was not all there at times.  For example, he’d tell the same story twice during one meal.  Less than a six months later, his wife was in a nursing home and he didn’t even realize she was no longer around.  When she died five months later, I told him, but it didn’t sink in.  Anyway, by the time he was 87, the doctors said he needed to be somewhere where he could receive professional care 24/7.  So the decline can happen pretty fast.

Biden for another term? Absolutely not. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t understand.

• Thumbs Up 1

For all you frantic dems... have faith... the party has issued instructions on what you need to do to weather this storm... they have issued an email with specific rules and behavior should you face the barrage of naysayers resulting from joe's complete collapse at the debate... The email encourages supporters to forcefully push back against those calling on the president to drop out of the race, accusing such critics of being part of the "bedwetting brigade."

The Democrats are realizing that getting Joe out of the way is harder than just wishing. First, they ran an uncontested primary, so at their national convention there is no debate. It is a coronation. The only way is IF Joe himself volunteers to step aside.  And good luck with that. He has his pride, his wife is propping him up.

Second problem comes with who replaces him. It would be virtually impossible to push Harris aside for a number of reasons. First, like it or not she IS the VP. Her job is to be ready to take over the top job. It is a bad look for the Democratic establishment to suddenly admit that she was actually totally unqualified all along.  Second, she has a magic Melanin Forcefield, backed up with the Double X Chromosone Power Pack.  God forbid she is replaced by a White Man.  There would be a revolution in the left flank of the party. So you have to get HER to agree to voluntarily step aside too. What are the odds of that? 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The Democrats are realizing that getting Joe out of the way is harder than just wishing. First, they ran an uncontested primary, so at their national convention there is no debate. It is a coronation. The only way is IF Joe himself volunteers to step aside.  And good luck with that. He has his pride, his wife is propping him up.

Second problem comes with who replaces him. It would be virtually impossible to push Harris aside for a number of reasons. First, like it or not she IS the VP. Her job is to be ready to take over the top job. It is a bad look for the Democratic establishment to suddenly admit that she was actually totally unqualified all along.  Second, she has a magic Melanin Forcefield, backed up with the Double X Chromosone Power Pack.  God forbid she is replaced by a White Man.  There would be a revolution in the left flank of the party. So you have to get HER to agree to voluntarily step aside too. What are the odds of that? 

It will happen one way or another, if the people actually running the country decide that’s what needs to be done.  100% guaranteed.  Don’t make the mistake of thinking that the left flank of the party carries any meaningful weight.  They serve as useful idiots, only.  

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

For all you frantic dems... have faith... the party has issued instructions on what you need to do to weather this storm... they have issued an email with specific rules and behavior should you face the barrage of naysayers resulting from joe's complete collapse at the debate... The email encourages supporters to forcefully push back against those calling on the president to drop out of the race, accusing such critics of being part of the "bedwetting brigade."

i am somewhat insulted by this. I will always support Biden and have never waivered in my enthusiasm. I don't care abbot sharp tacks i cared about the future of democracy. Biden is the only person capable of politically voicing idiocy as big as my own voice or opinions. He is on the side of the small guy.

Edited by Cryingdick

3 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Suppose Biden were to withdrawal from the race.  Most states are well passed their filing deadline to be on the ballot.  So your left with Kamala or a write in candidate?   Good luck with that...

Good point.

But, is this true?  I think it is.

Any way around this?

In any event, if Biden were to get reelected, then we would still be stuck with The Word-salad Woman, in any case.

12 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Biden is the only person capable of politically voicing idiocy

Yes!

He proved this, most recently, during the debate.

I feel great empathy for him.

He is being forced into the spotlight, at a time in his life when he should be getting a well-deserved rest.

JILL is to blame, IMHO.

On 6/29/2024 at 6:31 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

The vp was an affirmative action selection. She has lower approval ratings than Biden. If she runs for president then that will assure a Republican victory.

Which would not be a thing because of the immigration and economic mess Biden has gotten us in to.