Nikki Haley Advises Trump to Brace for Younger Rival Amid Biden's Debate Struggles

Social Media

image.png.36a5c41d90fca874b44cf31cf3ed4679.png

In the aftermath of President Joe Biden's problematic debate performance, former GOP presidential primary candidate Nikki Haley has called on former President Donald Trump to prepare for a younger and more vibrant challenger. Speaking in an article published by the Wall Street Journal on Saturday, Haley emphasized the necessity for the Republican Party to brace for a formidable Democratic opponent, particularly given Biden's recent difficulties on the debate stage.

Haley stated, “They are going to be smart about it: they’re going to bring somebody younger, they’re going to bring somebody vibrant, they’re going to bring somebody tested.” She underscored the urgency for Republicans to ready themselves for a dynamic and experienced candidate, arguing that the Democratic Party would not survive if Biden remains their candidate. Biden's debate performance, characterized by a raspy voice and frequent stumbles over his words, has sparked widespread concern among Democrats, even prompting some of Biden's staunchest supporters to question his viability as the leading candidate.

Jon Favreau, a former Obama administration speechwriter and co-host of “Pod Save America,” was particularly blunt in his assessment. “Obviously that debate was a f‑‑‑ing disaster,” Favreau posted on the social platform X. “We have to beat Donald Trump. We have to have a nominee who can do that.” Such stark criticism reflects the anxiety within the Democratic ranks about Biden’s ability to secure a victory against Trump.

Despite the mounting concerns, Biden and his team have pushed back against calls for him to step down as the presumptive Democratic nominee. “Of course he’s not dropping out,” Biden campaign spokesperson Seth Schuster told The Hill following the debate. Haley, who watched the debate from her home in South Carolina, described her reaction as one of shock, quickly concluding that Biden was facing significant political headwinds.

“It was shocking, I think, for a lot of people,” she told the Journal. “What we saw was that Trump was strong, but I don’t even think that mattered because Biden was so amazingly unfit. The way he lost his train of thought, the way he couldn’t grasp topics of what he needed to talk about.”

Credit: Hill 2024-07-01

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Who trump faces doesn’t matter he will just lie it’s what he is it’s what he does lie and projection that’s it 

when i was younger i was about a 5 or 6 handicap. shot 2 under par on 2 separate occasions actually. won a long drive contest with a whopping 343 yard drive a number of years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, stoner said:

when i was younger i was about a 5 or 6 handicap. shot 2 under par on 2 separate occasions actually. won a long drive contest with a whopping 343 yard drive a number of years ago.

..how much younger..numbers do tend to get stretched as do fish sizes  🐟🏌️‍♂️ 🐟  😄

1 minute ago, tandor said:

..how much younger..numbers do tend to get stretched as do fish sizes  🐟🏌️‍♂️ 🐟  😄

started when i was about 14. by 18 i was at 5 or 6. the long drive i did about 7 years ago. I'm 47 now. no stretching. i would be more than willing to have any good golfer on here watch my swing. they'll know. i only need to see someone take a single swing and i can tell. 

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, stoner said:

Why does that matter, Trump cheats at golf, and you know what they say about people who cheat at golf.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why does that matter, Trump cheats at golf, and you know what they say about people who cheat at golf.

ya they say they are a 6 handicap.

i will support trump over biden any day of the week in golf. i will bet any money against any member on this forum that trump would make a total mess of joe in golf. 

bring it on. any day any time even on his absolute worst day trump would mince meat biden in golf. 

you are funny tonight thanks for that one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

i will support trump over biden any day of the week in golf. i will bet any money against any member on this forum that trump would make a total mess of joe in golf. 

bring it on. any day any time even on his absolute worst day trump would mince meat biden in golf. 

Can you even imagine Joe trying to set it up so he can tee off? Would Jill help him? He isn't a 6 handicap he is a NA.he says Trump couldn't carry his bags. lol he would fall over trying to not wet his pants before he left the golf cart.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

Trump can cheat or not cheat at golf every day of the week, nobody really cares.

It’s just that bit about him ru Ming the country, that’s the game he needs to be kept out of.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

nobody really cares.

biden clearly does or he wouldn't of challenged him to a round. no carts carrying their own bags. like either of those grandpas could do that. 

i thought we talked a few times about you trying to be witty and coy ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

started when i was about 14. by 18 i was at 5 or 6. the long drive i did about 7 years ago. I'm 47 now. no stretching. i would be more than willing to have any good golfer on here watch my swing. they'll know. i only need to see someone take a single swing and i can tell. 

It is an English Language forum!

On 7/1/2024 at 8:50 AM, Cryingdick said:

Can you even imagine Joe trying to set it up so he can tee off? Would Jill help him? He isn't a 6 handicap he is a NA.he says Trump couldn't carry his bags. lol he would fall over trying to not wet his pants before he left the golf cart.

I doubt Biden could walk the length of a par 3 even without a golf bag. Jill had to hold his hand to keep him propped up as he slowly negotiated the 2 small steps of the stage after the recent debate.