When are Booze prices going to come down?

bob smith

24 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

You sound like @Ralf001 friend.

I guess the price is a little high, better to sometimes buy a jug of beer rather than schooners to get better value for money 

Dude brags about being rich while complaining about the price of the cheap wine he drinks, how funny is that? 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Dude brags about being rich while complaining about the price of the cheap wine he drinks, how funny is that? 

Most rich people I know become wealthy because they're frugal with their money so I can appreciate where @bob smith is coming from and why he is wealthy.

Warren Buffett is the wealthiest man alive but lives like a pleb in Patpong

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Mekmong MICK said:

Most rich people I know become wealthy because they're frugal with their money so I can appreciate where @bob smith is coming from and why he is wealthy.

Warren Buffett is the wealthiest man alive but lives like a pleb in Patpong

Warren Buffet complaining about what a glass of cheap wine costs? 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

...you don't get rich by giving away, Yellowtail.

We rich folk like a bargain just as much as someone from your class.

bob.

3 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

As soon as they stop trying to stigmatize and criminalize weed, then the alcohol companies will be fighting harder to remain viable and relevant. 

You think people drink wine just to get loaded? 

Perhaps the rich people complaining about the price of cheap wine do, but most don't. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You think people drink wine just to get loaded? 

Perhaps the rich people complaining about the price of cheap wine do, but most don't. 

The majority of the alcohol sold in Thailand is the low quality local beer and spirits and that's all bob smith drinks anyway. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

The majority of the alcohol sold in Thailand is the low quality local beer and spirits and that's all bob smith drinks anyway. 

Yeah, he told me all rich people drink only that cheap cr*p. 

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

So far, after the governments announcement of reducing Tax on alcohol, I have yet to see the prices go down in the shops & restaurants.

If anything they seem to be going up!

I read that the government was introducing a 0% tax on all alcohol in an effort to spur tourism and get the punters drinking.

Seems that something, somewhere, got lost in translation yet again..

or was it all just a load of cobblers to begin with?

TIT.

bob.

When I was shopping at my favorite Thai grocery store two days ago I noticed that one of the Australian boxed wines that I used to buy regularly was back in stock.  I used to pay 1,095 baht for a 5L box.  It has not been available for two months after the old stock was allowed to sell out.  I picked up a box expecting the price to have gone down under the new tax system, but when I looked at the shelf tag I saw that the opposite had happened.  The new price had increased by 300 baht and was now 1,395 baht!  Needless to say, I did not purchase any. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

When I was shopping at my favorite Thai grocery store two days ago I noticed that one of the Australian boxed wines that I used to buy regularly was back in stock.  I used to pay 1,095 baht for a 5L box.  It has not been available for two months after the old stock was allowed to sell out.  I picked up a box expecting the price to have gone down under the new tax system, but when I looked at the shelf tag I saw that the opposite had happened.  The new price had increased by 300 baht and was now 1,395 baht!  Needless to say, I did not purchase any. 

Good for you.  Your decision to abstain will help abate the inevitable deterioration of your liver.

There is no tax on Yaba, Bob. 
im thinking you should invest your projected tax savings on a bag of rice and a pound of yeast and some copper line. Artificial flavor additives  are cheap!  If you need help with that, post here, I’m sure someone can give you a recipe or 2. 

My question is when will beer lao be sold without import duty prices. I mean for gods sake. It’s obviously a racket to keep people buying thai beer. Nobody would drink the stuff if beer lao was cheap and plentiful 

note: I’m actually glad they don’t import it under free trade I’d prob drink too much

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

My question is when will be lao be sold without import duty prices. I mean for gods sake. It’s obviously a racket to keep people buying thai beer. Nobody would drink the stuff if beer lao was cheap and plentiful 

well said, Robert.

The best beer in Thailand is (rather ironically) beer lao!

I fancy a trip back to that majestic place soon..

Vientiane is a lovely laid back city, perfect for a quick getaway from TH.

and the beer and sandwiches are second to none!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

15 minutes ago, bob smith said:

well said, Robert.

The best beer in Thailand is (rather ironically) beer lao!

I fancy a trip back to that majestic place soon..

Vientiane is a lovely laid back city, perfect for a quick getaway from TH.

and the beer and sandwiches are second to none!

bob.

I luv me sum nice big BOTTLE of cold beer lao. Reusable bottle too. Cheap. Wins all around

Edited by Robert Paulson

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

So far, after the governments announcement of reducing Tax on alcohol, I have yet to see the prices go down in the shops & restaurants.

I read that the government was introducing a 0% tax on all alcohol in an effort to spur tourism and get the punters drinking.

TIT.

bob.

Do we need a special section for all these alcoholics here. Geez...🤮

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

he's here again.

the guy who disagrees with everything everyone says but can't stop himself from leaving a smarmy comment.

your life must be so bland!

bob.

Drinking too much will cause brain damage. But hey, I'm not your father😂 Go ahead with you attitudes and habits.☹️

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

TIT.

bob.

There are several different forms of taxes with varying changes but overall there should be a price reduction for imported alcohol. Some taxes on products like wine have been changed to 5% per bottle across the board where as previously under 1,000 baht a bottle it was zero and over 1,000 was 10%. 54% import duty has been dropped to zero, import duty based on alcohol/volume has been reduced from 1500 per litre to 1000 baht. I too haven't seen any price reductions which probably means the retailers are like many others making up for the difficult covid era!!! Prices should drop once importers have cleared their existing warehouse stock with the new rates applying from March 14th 2024.

So your comments are correct Bob despite the comments from some on this forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1