Cost of Living Comparison ... Worldwide & Regional

KhunLA

2 hours ago, Richard5 said:

Interesting....thanks. I wish they had Okinawa and Fukuoka. I'm looking at those as alternatives to Thailand if the second Global Tax revision is approved. 

Don't get involved in Japan's tax code. It's brutal. 

2 hours ago, Richard5 said:

Interesting....thanks. I wish they had Okinawa and Fukuoka. I'm looking at those as alternatives to Thailand if the second Global Tax revision is approved. 

Okinawa is fairly cheap. I was on Kadena for a few years. 2nd hand cars are dirt cheap and always low miles, as the island is like 90 miles long and maybe 10 miles wide.  If you are near one of the many bases, rent is high, as it is based on what the US govt pays the military persons and contractors. Expect a one bedroom to run upwards of $1500 and up a month.  As a foreigner, you will pay the highest rate even if not affiliated with a base. Food if local, is cheap. I ate a lot of sushi for next to nothing, a dollar and change for a 2 shashimi fresh off the boat. But there are so many foreigners, the locals are real tied of them. I expect to see them booted off the island in the next 10 years.

Thanks, KhunLA, I am looking at upping sticks here in Thailand and moving elsewhere, or at least spending less than 180 days per year here. We have a second home, an apartment in Tokyo, so not rent or mortgage to pay, and with the current exchange rate, Japan is very, very cheap right now (food, clothes, stuff, transport). 

• Thumbs Up 1

The biggest cost of living in Bangkok:

1. You have to pay for your girl(s),  either because she is a whore or because she is just so much poorer than you. 

Not mentioned in the site 

2. Health. Not mentioned in the site.

3. Education.  Mentioned in the site.

But it is a very interesting site.

29 minutes ago, Lorry said:

The biggest cost of living in Bangkok:

1. You have to pay for your girl(s),  either because she is a whore or because she is just so much poorer than you.

Thank you for sharing your life experience. Much appreciated!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Thank you for sharing your life experience. Much appreciated!

We all know that your wife is a rich, highly educated Chinese Thai from a wealthy family.

So are the wives of many AN posters.

I hereby explicitly exclude them from my post. 

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

We all know that your wife is a rich, highly educated Chinese Thai from a wealthy family.

So are the wives of many AN posters.

I hereby explicitly exclude them from my post. 

What are you on about. My wife is not rich. Hell I don´t even consider myself rich. We have enough and a good chunk of more. However, comes from a quite medium family that have built their life on framing in Isaan. She worked with making replacement teeths when I met her, with a salary of 15k per month.

We have worked up our economy. Hard work from both sides. I went through university with one Master and one Bachelor, but consider myself generally educated, and she did not have any special schooling more than primary and university.

I don´t know where you get your information from? Did you see me in Forbes? 😂 In that case, severe hallucinations, dude!

What I was referring to, is that you see the biggest cost of living, as a whore or a women from a poor family. You know, life is and becomes as you mould it.

Edited by Gottfrid

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

you see the biggest cost of living, as a whore or a women from a poor family.

Doesn't have to be a poor family. 

Even if she is from a middle class family,  the wealth gap is usually so big that "going Dutch" would be very rude.

Some guys do live from their Thai girlfriends,  but most follow the rule "each according to his abilities". Which is good,  but expensive. 

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

Doesn't have to be a poor family. 

Even if she is from a middle class family,  the wealth gap is usually so big that "going Dutch" would be very rude.

Some guys do live from their Thai girlfriends,  but most follow the rule "each according to his abilities". Which is good,  but expensive. 

Yeah, or you can just create a meaningful life for her, where she get the chance to makes the money she need.