Wanted British Man Arrested Upon Arrival in Phuket

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Thai authorities are likely to proceed with legal actions that could involve extradition or trial within the country.

Why would he be extradited, and to which country?

Apparently he's accused of embezzling funds from his then Thai employer in 2017, and was now foolish enough to return to Thailand not realizing there's an outstanding arrest warrant. 

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

A distinct lack of "finger-pointing" evidenced in that photo.

Have they stopped teaching that as the preferred method of determining who the guilty party is ?

He must have known they'd be looking for him. If you're working for someone and steal (or "embezzle") a whack of money from them and then skip the country, you probably shouldn't ever go back. Not unless you have a lot of "biometric" alterations, a new name and new passport at least.

Especially when there are safer options to travel to. Maybe the money he "allegedly" stole ran out and he thought he'd just come back and try the same thing again ?

And why do these guys never post about their situations on here ? Surely more than a few of them must be TV/AseanNow/Thiager forum members.

And WHAT is with those frakken pop-up ads now appearing repeatedly.
Every time someone new takes over the site it goes downhill a bit further.

I don't agree, AN/T has been much better lately.

3 hours ago, Ctkong said:

I was told there is a service whereby if you knew somebody who knew somebody at airport immigration , you should be able to see if any red alert was being issued upon your passport before embarking on the journey. 

I've got a service special for you, 10,000 baht gets your passport banned, 

7 hours ago, G_Money said:

I don’t think I’m too far off the mark.  He is a Brit.

Do you have information that proves otherwise?  I didn’t think so.

In a logical discussion, when someone asserts a claim, the burden of proof is on that person, there is no onus on others to disprove that the claim is false.

• Like 1

they seem to be going to great trouble to keep identities confidential.

I suspect a deeper story. with some fairly influential players.

either they have keep the book open on this guy for years, or somebody back home rumbled him before he got on the plane.

I bet the story just disappears. 

11 hours ago, Kerryd said:

A distinct lack of "finger-pointing" evidenced in that photo.

Have they stopped teaching that as the preferred method of determining who the guilty party is ?

He must have known they'd be looking for him. If you're working for someone and steal (or "embezzle") a whack of money from them and then skip the country, you probably shouldn't ever go back. Not unless you have a lot of "biometric" alterations, a new name and new passport at least.

Especially when there are safer options to travel to. Maybe the money he "allegedly" stole ran out and he thought he'd just come back and try the same thing again ?

And why do these guys never post about their situations on here ? Surely more than a few of them must be TV/AseanNow/Thiager forum members.

And WHAT is with those frakken pop-up ads now appearing repeatedly.
Every time someone new takes over the site it goes downhill a bit further.

"A distinct lack of "finger-pointing" evidenced in that photo. Have they stopped teaching that as the preferred method of determining who the guilty party is ?"

Yes - I'm missing that too! Possibly because there's no evidence to point at? I'm sure they could have found SOMETHING, if they really wanted!

"And WHAT is with those frakken pop-up ads now appearing repeatedly.
Every time someone new takes over the site it goes downhill a bit further."

Yes - and being constantly asked (every time I move to a new page) to remove my ad - blocker! NO! NO! NO! But you still get all the pop up ads anyway!

Edited by sambum

12 hours ago, G_Money said:

I don’t think I’m too far off the mark.  He is a Brit.

Do you have information that proves otherwise?  I didn’t think so.

The information is in the news article.  He’s a thief with a warrant.  That’s called information.

And you're obviously a Brit hating Aussie judging by your childish use of grammar

Should OF ??? What a retard

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

No information. But soon the apologists and then the Thai bashers will be here to claim

he did nothing wrong. 

"Thailand" bashers, Farang "deporting sheriffs", 

smart Xrxes, everything.

But "Thai bashers" are a more rare species in this "elite" forum.

Just guessing, lol.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, G_Money said:

He was only looking for a legitimate job but the temptation to rip off his “employer “ was overwhelming.

Should of stuck with bar management, English teaching or digital nomading.

His “career” in Britain?  Tele sales or Financial “Investments”?

🤔 in my own experience, could have been working for a company that fired him, still owed him money, and when he went to try get his money ,the company then used their "connection" with local police to bring a completely false charge of theft. The guy then left the country due to no visa and work permit expired.. not knowing about the warrant. This happened to me a few years ago, eventually due to my " connections" with tourist police the company had to give me an apology and a compensation payment.. still didnt get the full money i was owed though.. there are a lot of business owners in phuket that try this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1