Footy quiz 05 - Bishop takes Queen

owl sees all

Dear me! The questions are getting easier every week, and Nok still has no one to play with. So!! I've searched through my footy question data-bank and picked three very simple ones.

But first, the answers to last week.

Q1 - what club  had 20 successive defeats in the EPL.

a/ Derby County

b/ Oxford United

c/ Watford

d/ Sunderland ----- correct

Sunderland's run includes 15 matches prior to relegation in 2002/03 and the opening five matches on their Premier League return. From January 2003 - 10 September 2005.

Q2 - After just 8 matches, Leeds City were forced out of the league by the ruling body; the FA. What club took their place, and fulfilled all the season's fixtures?

a/ Bradford Park Avenue
b/ Port Vale----- correct
c/ Kidderminster Harriers
d/ South Shields

In October 1919, an auction in Leeds' Metropole Hotel, saw assets of the club - including the playing staff - auctioned off. All resulting in Leeds United being formed the following year. However, it was Port Vale who filled their fixtures that season.

Q3 - When this club was in the EPL, it was truly unique for an unusual reason? What reason?

a/ Luton Town
b/ Hull City----- correct
c/ Southampton
d/ Blackpool

Their name cannot be coloured in. All the other clubs have at least an 'a', 'e' or 'o' in their name. The main objection to being renamed Hull City Tigers a few years back when in the EPL.

+++++

Now for this week.

Q1 - The first Top Flight league after WW2 (1946/47) saw 22 clubs contest for the title. Eight of those, will play in the EPL during this coming season (2024/25).

Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Villa, Wolves. and one other. Who?

a/ Man City
b/ Leicester
c/ Newcastle
d/ Brentford
e/ Southampton
f/ Brighton

Q2 - Since WW2, what EPL clubs have NOT changed their first team colour 'shirts'?

a/ Leeds United
b/ Liverpool
c/ Arsenal
d/ Norwich

Q3 - 2008. Sven-Göran Eriksson’s Manchester City had not yet started dominating the EPL.  last game of the season @ Middlesbrough. The final score - Boro 8 - City 1.

Sven said only a few reflective words in front of the cameras after the match. What did he say?

a/ "It was embarrassing for everyone."
b/ "Even at 5-0, I thought we could still turn it around."
c/ "Not one of our better performances of the season."
d/ "Just a strange result. Didn't reflect the game at all."
e/ "Can't blame the goalkeeper. We only scored 1. Not enough to win the game."

Good luck to all.