Do you ever feel like a prisoner in Thailand?

Just now, bob smith said:

don't like it then don't comment on it!

Everyone here gives their opinions on posts that they like and don't like. That's the name of the game. It's really nothing here but that. If you don't like the how the game is played then don't take a seat at the table by tossing up some trite rubbish. If you put up trash like this then be prepared to weather the blowback mate. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Everyone here gives their opinions on posts that they like and don't like. That's the name of the game. It's really nothing here but that. If you don't like the how the game is played then don't take a seat at the table by tossing up some trite rubbish. If you put up trash like this then be prepared to weather the blowback mate. 

I am more than prepared for the blowback!

what I am not prepared for/do not accept is people like YOU calling for threads to be closed because you don't like them.

That is exactly the same as attempting to stifle free speech.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

nobody really did the 90 days at all, it was more a choice.

Fiction. I got fined in the 90s for forgetting to do 90 days. You can still do the same today. Don't do it if you don't want to. Just pay the fine.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RSD1 said:

Fiction. I got fined in the 90s for forgetting to do 90 days. You can still do the same today. Don't do it if you don't want to. Just pay the fine.

You are clearly new, no need to waste more of my time on it.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Eh no, i did not know what I signed up for at all when I moved here. I expected a certain degree of decency and solutions, long-term, specially as I contribute and employ. The visa was never a issue before too and nobody really did the 90 days at all, it was more a choice. Same for TM30.

How long do you even live here to talk like this? Seems like only a few years.

Yep, if you arrived during the Prayuth Government you don't know ho much freer and easier it was before. That said, it started with Thaksin in the early 2000's and basically continued regardless of which Govt was in power and then took off again under the people who spent their whole lives on an army base and though that qualified them to run a country.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mokwit said:

Yep, if you arrived during the Prayuth Government you don't know ho much freer and easier it was before. That said, it started with Thaksin in the early 2000's and basically continued regardless of which Govt was in power and then took off again under the people who spent their whole lives on an army base and though that qualified them to run a country.

Time flies and a lot has changed for the worse...

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

The forum has content policies. Many topics are not permitted. There isn't free speech here. 

Maybe you need to go back to school too. There is a difference between free speech and speech about certain subjects.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You are clearly new, no need to waste more of my time on it.

It was enforced first time in late 99 I think and then they stopped around 2001 (I turned up to do it and they gave me this why have you come look). They then didn't enforce it for a number of years before enforcing it again.

I got fined Bt2000 for being a day late. they sent me round to the office of the IDC and made a great show of recording it in a ledger and issuing a receipt. The IO on the next desk was fiddling with a pair of leg irons*. I don't know what message they were trying to send but i was a professional on a priority visa. I suspect some subjected to that would have phoned their wife, told her to fetch the kids out from school and meet me at the airport, we're leaving.

*two "U"'s on an iron bar type.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

If you put up trash like this then be prepared to weather the blowback mate. 

I guess you just got that yourself from all replies you posted lol.

• Sad 2

It's difficult to understand with your posts why you are living in Thailand (if indeed you are) .

What would be the the normal inspection for 95% of the people here-- "May I see your Passport"---OK you have a current Visa thank you"

Business owners may be a little more complicated---thats to be expected.

I wonder what your next Fear post will be about.....................:w00t:

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

This whole topic is baseless Thailand shaming. 

that's YOUR opinion which YOU are entitled to!!

now, am I entitled to MINE?

bob.

Edited by bob smith

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

This whole topic is baseless Thailand shaming. 

It is not shaming Thailand at all, it is about foreigners in Thailand long term and their feelings. You are so obvious a new person in Thailand, most likely even very young. Like a male karen.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

It is not shaming Thailand at all, it is about foreigners in Thailand long term and their feelings. You are so obvious a new person in Thailand, most likely even very young. 

thanks for your input mate. 

bob.

• Sad 1

Just now, oxo1947 said:

It's difficult to understand with your posts why you are living in Thailand (if indeed you are) .

What would be the the normal inspection for 95% of the people here-- "May I see your Passport"---OK you have a current Visa thank you"

Business owners may be a little more complicated---thats to be expected.

I wonder what your next Fear post will be about.....................:w00t:

That was how it was for me when I got stopped - I had photos of my data page and visa on my 'phone and they were OK with that. They were, in fairness, friendly and polite. The trouble with this sort of thing is if it goes wrong it goes very wrong - what if I didn't have my 'phone and was taken to IDC and was now stuck in IDC with no way to contact someone from the outside.

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

that's YOUR opinion which YOU are entitled to!!

now, am I entitled to MINE?

bob.

I agree. But we aren't sitting around together in a pub privately having a few. 

Millions of young Thais disagree with you.

were you here in 2020?

bob.

Maybe we should buy him a dictionary first. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

I agree. But we aren't sitting around together in a pub privately having a few. 

It would seem that the concept of free speech has gone completely over your head!

bob.

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

agreed.

bob.

Looks like you two are furiously busy fluffing each other off. I won't interrupt. Carry on. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

jealous?

bob.

He is lonely and Thailand is his laste hope, so anyone who speaks negative or critical about the slightest, would set him off.. It's more or less every new 'long term person' who been here < 2 years. Those who are still like that after 3 years, will never be cured.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Don't know what to make of you sometimes.

One post it's like a fun guy. Life of the party. Bit irresponsible.

Next post like an old lady scared of her shadow. 

depends what side of the bed I woke up on!

mrs. smith didn't make the breakfast this morning,

so I think she is to blame

bob.

• Sad 1

depends what side of the bed I woke up on!

mrs. smith didn't make the breakfast this morning,

so I think she is to blame

bob.

Go find a ladyboy to do it

So, this is how I see it.

I don't do 90 day reports because it is understood I can just pay a fine. 

When I arrived here, I completely understood that I will be a forever tourist. That did not change when I got married. 

Back in 2013-2015 you could still live really well and really free as a tourist. I did not mind travelling so I did endless border runs to Vientiane, KL, HK. Fun times.

One thing I never expected was covid. That thing completely decimated my income. 

Another thing I never expected is to file taxes if not working in Thailand. When this happens, I am out and forever. This I did not sign up for,

• Like 2