Do you prefer Kellogg's or Nestle Corn Flakes

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Come on...I hear you but Jerry's no bot. I like my cereal .. rather talk about than the latest drunk getting arrested or whatever

Thank you. I thought the put-on would be obvious but I guess not. The topic was cereal topic-starter posters because a topic about serial topic-starter posters is verboten.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Always Nestle, the don't go soggy like the Kellogg's when you put the milk on.

Oddly enough I also switched to granola earlier this year.

Of the 2, Nestle' for the same reason, keep crunch longer.  Although, switched brands recently, last 4 bags worth to this brand on LAZ.   Also cut way back on my carbs/grains intake.  Save on shipping by purchasing 2 bags at a time.

image.png.fad28cba8c5682ffd9d25fb5a95fc0fc.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm guessing you don't read much of what others post. Cereal can be healthy if you look at the ingredients before you buy it. Back when you were 12, healthy didn't enter your mind. Maybe research more?

Maybe tell me why eating cereal is more healthy than eating a steak and plenty of broccoli, as my breakfast meal?

Speaking of broccoli:

image.png.dc361d949fcc7abde38841be2c84d2cf.png

And, speaking of getting energized in the mornings...WITHOUT flaky corn flakes from Kellogg....

Better just to have a steak...and listen to some great music....instead....

Steak and Rice and ALBERT R. BROCCOLI.....

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I stopped eating American breakfast crappola when I was 12.

I was going to post that grown men are not supposed to be eating breakfast cereal, but I think I've been too preachy on this forum and I'll give it a rest.

Glad you see it my way, so no need to preach to the choir ie YOU. 

If you want to make a quick 500 bucks, the cereal companies are paying social media influencers to promote eating cereal for supper.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I do not often see chocolate here.

And, in the past, there was only one producer of chocolate in Taiwan, of any note.

And, that chocolate was not really chocolate.

And, at that time, the tastes of the Asians on Taiwan, and other places, were not tuned to eating sweet sugary foods.

Things have changed now, thanks to marketing from the west.

Now, in Taiwan, obesity and diabetes is rapidly increasing.

The food companies that bring you garbage, you can no longer do without?

I do not eat garbage.

I do not eat food that comes packaged in boxes.

But...you can.....

If you love it so much.

As I said, I rarely eat anything considered unhealthy, and haven't for over 50 years. A bit of chocolate (which isn't unhealthy if it's just a bite), pizza, spaghetti sauce (Which usually has a little sugar), some cereal (which has molasses and a tad of cane sugar), Rice a Roni (maybe a little high in sodium), and some canned and boxed soups. Trust me, I won't eat garbage. My blood pressure is usually 115/50, resting pulse 58 and blood sugar around 88. Can't escape genetics but I'm doing everything else right.

Edited by fredwiggy

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I was going to post that grown men are not supposed to be eating breakfast cereal, but I think I've been too preachy on this forum and I'll give it a rest.

Glad you see it my way, so no need to preach to the choir ie YOU. 

If you want to make a quick 500 bucks, the cereal companies are paying social media influencers to promote eating cereal for supper.

Millions of grown men eat cereal, because it can be good for you, IF you read the ingredients before you buy. And where do I sign? I eat cereal all times of the day.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I stopped eating American breakfast crappola when I was 12.

Even then, I knew it was not healthy.

Now, it seems, the world is just beginning to catch up.

Kellogg was a NITWIT, anyway....of course.

GARBAGE:

image.png.bdbf4959d6e855cbe438fb19331b9374.png

Besides the Corn Flakes, the rest is sugar laden kid cereals I wouldn't give to my kids. Kellogg was smart because he knew what sells.

I used to occasionally eat some Muesli for breakfast, but I prefer a hot meal at the beginning of the day, so now I usually eat poached or scrambled eggs with guacamole or salsa on whole-wheat buns.

35545.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Callmeishmael said:

I used to occasionally eat some Muesli for breakfast, but I prefer a hot meal at the beginning of the day, so now I usually eat poached or scrambled eggs with guacamole or salsa on whole-wheat buns.

35545.jpg

I like poached on wheat toast. Reminded me, bring back Pace salsa when I go to Texas this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Barbara's, Post, Kellogg's, Nature's Path, Cascadian Farms.

Nobody is going to stop you from eating garbage if you want to....

You are way past the age of consent.

However, just be aware of this....if you will....

image.png.d293a868fdc5dd1b772259ea8b26ca2f.png

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/cereals-that-aren-t-as-healthy-as-they-sound/index.htm

I never eat garbage produced by companies that manufacture food, if I can avoid it.

Just my preference.

But, you feel free to eat what you like.....

And.....

ENJOY!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Nobody is going to stop you from eating garbage if you want to....

You are way past the age of consent.

However, just be aware of this....if you will....

image.png.d293a868fdc5dd1b772259ea8b26ca2f.png

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/cereals-that-aren-t-as-healthy-as-they-sound/index.htm

I never eat garbage produced by companies that manufacture food, if I can avoid it.

Just my preference.

But, you feel free to eat what you like.....

And.....

ENJOY!

Again. I don't eat garbage. I read labels and have all my life. You can eat the healthiest way possible and still have problems. remember genetics is most of it, and I'm doing all I can to fight health problems. That list you posted has many that are the higher sugar kinds, which they might consider healthy, but I don't. I eat 7 of them, the rest I won't.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

Note to posters: this forum has a built in word censor, try to bypass it by misspelling censored words and your post will be removed.

29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Besides the Corn Flakes, the rest is sugar laden kid cereals I wouldn't give to my kids. Kellogg was smart because he knew what sells.

No, Kellogg was smart because he was into enema play,.....maybe....?

Or, maybe he just suffered from ....  klismaphilia ....

But, who can really say...for SURE?

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, in the past, there was only one producer of chocolate in Taiwan, of any note.

And, that chocolate was not really chocolate.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, at that time, the tastes of the Asians on Taiwan, and other places, were not tuned to eating sweet sugary foods.

What are you talking about?

1 minute ago, marin said:

What are you talking about?

i am referring to the research which shows that food preferences have been changing, rather rapidly, during the past few decades, as western companies have mounted ad campaigns to encourage people in Asia to follow the western diet, and to eat manufactured foods.

As the Asian diet continues to shift towards the American diet, will Asians living in Thailand, one day, become as fat at the guys in Atlanta, Georgia?

image.png.dc0411d3bf2ff01ba517eea3549f22c3.png

image.png.e9d1338598489b5a5ddd4c324d0f88d6.png

https://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/new-rankings-show-just-how-fat-georgia

image.png.0ebb8d4f5af7b499969dd4255411987d.png

This is a very proud day for Mississippi.

They eat LOTS of cereal in Mississippi, obviously.

23 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

One needs to be less than 7 years old to answer this topic.

REDUX

Thank you. I thought the put-on would be obvious but I guess not. The topic was cereal topic-starter posters because a topic about serial topic-starter posters is verboten.

• Thumbs Up 1

My wife usually has 3-4 varied,  good, and healthy dishes for breakfast Meaning, I rarely eat breakfast cereals....

If I do, it will be Shredded Wheat with brown sugar....Topped off with homemade garlic, oregano, & onion bread, served with peanut butter & jelly.....Which I will dip into the cereal milk...

• Haha 1

I can't do cornflakes.

Breaky for me is a nice bowl of Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Wheat Hot Cereal.

Serve it with brown sugar and cream or occasionally with an egg if wanting something more savory and hugh protein,

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well I figured this would be moved to the food section but it really wasn't about food. I wake up early and it just seems the same people just about every day have to start a new topic. But one must not complain about serial topic starters.

"...I just decided to become a cereal topic starter".

And none of the responders realise that!  They really do think that you're interested in other members' opinions of cereals. 

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Chocolate is just one more thing that I have not seen for a very long time.

Here in Asia, chocolate is not a common food.

Here in Asia, or East Asia, chocolate is considered a bit too exotic for most people's tastes.

Garbage.  There is no shortage of several varieties of well-known chocolate from the west that is easily available in Thailand.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, steven100 said:

seems like another Bot AI  computer generated topic to me ....    

It's not a "Bot AI topic", it is Jerry deliberately taking the piss out of the daft serial OP-ers!

Edited by Liverpool Lou