Neighbour’s Buddhist Music Leads to Stress and Miscarriage Claim

Agreed. Fortunately for us, the temple in my wife's village is far enough away that when we do sleep with the windows open (no air con on) I can hear them start at around 4:00am. But, given that the father-in-law comes round at 5:00am and I'm up making coffee not that big of a bother. Now, if we lived closer it might be a bit much.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, watchcat said:

But that's only from 5 AM and maybe 15 minutes.

It's not 15 minutes starts at 5 am lasts until 08:00 with the national anthem 

Some other days goes on for 3 /5 days

Non stop 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Buddhist music was intended to deter a bothersome cat

.....and I thought I knew a bit about this place! It's a never ending learning process! :jap:

• Agree 1

Temples should be a place for rest and peace and meditation, but in Thailand that are places that causes  sound pollution, with their parties, and screaming... That is the first place that should lower their volumes to a normal level... Other people make so much noise too with their TV's in shops, in the cars, and at home, restaurants, and just name it.  and the RTP is doing nothing there should be max volumes to produce and the RTP should enforce the laws, but ther it goes wrong...  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Chok the 37 year has lived in the house for over 40 years  

Really    :omfg:

Reincarnation in the same place 🤔

• Haha 2

I admit that any kind of incessant noise "next door" is awful to bear.

For once, we hear two sides to a story.

But who is exaggerating; who is lying - probably both

Who is whinging and who is justifiably complaining - probably both

It isn't only about decibels - in England if it is considered a "disturbing of the peace", then the police will be round to sort things out but sorry to say, not here

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

It isn't only about decibels - in England if it is considered a "disturbing of the peace", then the police will be round to sort things out but sorry to say, not here

Its against the law here too but no money in it for the bib to get involved.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Temples should be a place for rest and peace and meditation, but in Thailand that are places that causes  sound pollution, with their parties, and screaming... That is the first place that should lower their volumes to a normal level... Other people make so much noise too with their TV's in shops, in the cars, and at home, restaurants, and just name it.  and the RTP is doing nothing there should be max volumes to produce and the RTP should enforce the laws, but ther it goes wrong...  

The Buddhist monkhood are a bit stupid they think that they will attract younger people by making lots of noise because that is what young people do. The Buddhist teachings are allegorical stories designed to entertain as well as teach, this attracted the Buddhist congregation to attend temple. Gradually the Buddhist elite became more concerned with ritual rather than teaching in an entertaining manner. Because they are boring ritualists who cannot see beyond the ends of their noses and have no wit or humour they grasp at straws and think noise is what attracts people. As long as making noise is sanctioned by the elite of Buddhist monks, the police will do nothing. 

Edited by RobU
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

"Other people make so much noise too with their TV's in shops, in the cars, and at home, restaurants, and just name it.  and the RTP is doing nothing. 

When do they ever in domestic disputes?

But I think they would have a difficult job curbing the type of noise that you complain about, i.e. "with their TV's in shops, in the cars, and at home, restaurants, and just name it."

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"Other people make so much noise too with their TV's in shops, in the cars, and at home, restaurants, and just name it.  and the RTP is doing nothing. 

When do they ever in domestic disputes?

But I think they would have a difficult job curbing the type of noise that you complain about, i.e. "with their TV's in shops, in the cars, and at home, restaurants, and just name it."

JUst go out for a relaxed shopping at Big C Lotus or so....Background music like a club, and at the electronics they have their own party and on several places many speakers with talkin/screaming ladies// Even at the Makro they have everywhere a speaker which announces all products and prices of the vegetables, fish, meat bread.. Also with a background music of a club.. Probably you always go to a 7/11 shop