Yingluck Shinawatra Hints at Return Amid Legal Victories

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin has suggested that Yingluck’s case is simpler compared to his own, with fewer legal entanglements. Legal experts and political observers indicate that a return similar to Thaksin's is feasible, involving adjustments to current regulations to facilitate her reintegration without imprisonment.

Bribes?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She doesn't even need a home or hotel.

Just as well, her home and it's contents, a dozen or so apartments, land and bank accounts were seized.

The trail as to quite what happened to all those assets went very cold very quickly, ( there was one photo published, as I recall, which showed the interior of her house trashed after what must have been a spectacularly energetic rummage search) but we can no doubt rest assured that some very deserving people benefitted!

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, maddox41 said:

What a crack up, runs away comes back Scott free to take over the empire once more... 

One Teflon family... 

Did the generals EVER get punished for the illegal military coups?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

This was also Thaksin's mentality. If you are elected with a sizeable majority and you are free  to commit any crime you like.  The land case was clear cut corruption. The Exim Bank case was clear corruption.  The rice pledging scam was clear cut corruption.  Thaksin always dismissed his criminal cases as political but never refuted the details of them.  In the case of his son's money laundry case, they always argued that there were another 100 or so people who received the money stolen from Krung Thai Bank in addition to him who were not charged.  That was true and they should have been charged but it didn't make the son any less guilty.

But anyway the US Supreme Court seems to agree that presidents can commit any crime they like too.

Well, the US Supreme Court is simply another morally bankrupt judicial Institution. Not much of a yardstick. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

let me list a couple of expensive ''blunders'' by these 2 keystone cop rascals: 1. besides his initial brilliance as PM, Thaksin earned a TON of money, by ''acquiring'' the satellite bands, owned by Thailand and managed by the Military; which he mysteriously ''acquired''. Then, he was off to AIS heaven. Which he subsequently sold control off, illegally, to Telemask, a foreign entity. Both acts were treasonous. Yingluck? came up with (i) the tablet for every child (seen any lately?);(ii)  the 100k grant to sucker Thais into buying a new car and go into further debt (iii) and the rice deal ? how much of Thailand's wealth lost - US$20 BILLION +. now, the 10 years old rice, left after that clustfruck, is being mixed with new rice and sold to Africa. Result: The reputation of Thailand rice being #1 in the world is permanently destroyed. All by 2 people with the same surname: Shinawatra. living her 26 years, I have learned the philosophy of how damaging hate is to one's self. But, if you love this country and its people,  it is hard not to hate this family.

Very well said... the Yingluk buy a new car deal was another vote buyer.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

let me list a couple of expensive ''blunders'' by these 2 keystone cop rascals: 1. besides his initial brilliance as PM, Thaksin earned a TON of money, by ''acquiring'' the satellite bands, owned by Thailand and managed by the Military; which he mysteriously ''acquired''. Then, he was off to AIS heaven. Which he subsequently sold control off, illegally, to Telemask, a foreign entity. Both acts were treasonous. Yingluck? came up with (i) the tablet for every child (seen any lately?);(ii)  the 100k grant to sucker Thais into buying a new car and go into further debt (iii) and the rice deal ? how much of Thailand's wealth lost - US$20 BILLION +. now, the 10 years old rice, left after that clustfruck, is being mixed with new rice and sold to Africa. Result: The reputation of Thailand rice being #1 in the world is permanently destroyed. All by 2 people with the same surname: Shinawatra. living her 26 years, I have learned the philosophy of how damaging hate is to one's self. But, if you love this country and its people,  it is hard not to hate this family.

So it was OK with you for the military to manage satellite channels, but not for anybody else.

How did the military get to 'manage' the channels in the first place?

There is a long but interesting article on Wikipedia here if you are interested and not biased enough to read it, especially the part near the bottom sub titled Print media and the part about the NCPO announcement #97.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Very well said... the Yingluk buy a new car deal was another vote buyer.

And did Yingluck personally gain anything by this?

cui bono?

exclamation
who stands, or stood, to gain (from a crime, and so might have been responsible for it)?

The car companies who sold the cars would have gained, the workers at the companies also gained by keeping their jobs.

The losers who sold their cars early lost out, some banks and finance companies who failed to complete due diligence on the buyers lost out.

Those buyers who lost out may well have not been able to afford a new car in the first place, but wanted a new car, and HAD to have one, perhaps for the sake of keeping face.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2024 at 1:27 PM, hotchilli said:

She was only a puppet.... doing as she was told.

That's what was said at the time and I wouldn't disagree with it.

She must have known what she was going though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yingluck? came up with the tablet for every child (seen any lately?)

was that her too? the campaign was huge! 

later our teacher complained how useless they [tablets] were. couldn't do anything. technically a garbage.

there were banners with fat guy in white uniform, he was pushing that deal.

maybe she was behind, I don't know 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/6/2024 at 2:28 PM, Hunz Kittisak said:

It’s about time 

The brother and aister made to suffer all these years while the real perpetrators escaped scot free 

It takes two, to tango,it's only common sense that there was lot's of perps. 

On 7/6/2024 at 2:28 PM, Hunz Kittisak said:

It’s about time 

The brother and aister made to suffer all these years while the real perpetrators escaped scot free 

It takes two, to tango,it's only common sense that there was lot's of perps. 

On 7/6/2024 at 6:25 PM, maddox41 said:

What a crack up, runs away comes back Scott free to take over the empire once more... 

One Teflon family... 

Don't forget Teflon Bull Bratt

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 10:50 PM, ThaiFelix said:

You sound like my brother when we went to the movies as kids.  He always cheered madly for the bad guys................anything for attention!!

You just described 80% of the posts here.  It's getting harder and harder to find actual useful info that is real on this site.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, kimamey said:

That's what was said at the time and I wouldn't disagree with it.

She must have known what she was going though.

Agreed, guilty as the master

• Agree 2

On 7/6/2024 at 12:49 PM, NativeBob said:

Why "but"? 

she is filth, peril of Thailand. 

about her health - unfortunately she just fine and kicking 

BS.

The biggest filth in Thailand are the military generals.

Yingluck was freely and peacefully elected by the population of Thailand.

The generals and the military were NEVER elected, They simply made yet another illegal military coup and simply stole the entire country. That is treason against the elected government, ably assisted by the ex-democrat deputy leader, Suthep and his tame fake abbot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2024 at 6:32 AM, NativeBob said:

Obviously yes, she was not a mastermind.

Perfect line of defense in the court room: "I'm not guilty, I only did what they told me to do"

Shouldn't that be what he told me ?