Fifth Congressional Democrat Publicly Calls for Biden to Step Down

36 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Glad you remember it. A lot of media kerfuffle and nothing more.  For the average American, they were good years. Low inflation, low unemployment (especially for minorities) etc.  Nobody will remember the political scandals or what world leaders thought when they vote this year. They will remember the two dollar gas and the 3% mortgage and want them back. 

There’s a whole bunch of outraged Americans over the utter humiliation trump brought to the White House .everyone loves low interest especially the government when they have to service that extra 22% debt trump saddled us with.unfortunately raising interest rates is a tool used to fight inflation as you well know .i remember when there was so much over production of gas they couldn’t store it,it actually had negative value for a while that was during Covid as you well know

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tug said:

There’s a whole bunch of outraged Americans over the utter humiliation trump brought to the White House .everyone loves low interest especially the government when they have to service that extra 22% debt trump saddled us with.unfortunately raising interest rates is a tool used to fight inflation as you well know .i remember when there was so much over production of gas they couldn’t store it,it actually had negative value for a while that was during Covid as you well know

Low interest? Are you insane? Low interest isn't  around anymore.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Ah the old chestnut again that Joe ignored immigration laws and opened the borders and he snubbed Supreme Court and decide to forgive student loan debts; therefore he is cast as an authoritarian. Really a feeble gaslighting attempt by Maga. The border is a problem for decades and need Congress to jointly find solutions but can't because of the toxic nature of the House. There are skepticism about the Supreme Court move whether that was legal and the cuts limited to specific categories separate from the SC decision. If comparing Singapore law and order society, guess that is a complement to Joe. 

You are babbling nothing i said remotely correlates with anything you are saying..

10 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The main dilemma is the obvious replacement should be Kamala (can take the campaign donations and she is VP after all) but we have seen how little appetite America has for a woman POTUS never mind a black woman (Americans do love old, white men after all). The racists and misogynists would be out in droves, which could cement a Trump presidency unless women and minorities come out in equal if not greater droves.

The problem with Kamala Harris is not that she is "black" (actually she is mixed race but let's not let the truth get in the way of your narrative). You might remember an ex-President named Barack Obama? Was he an "old, white man"?

The problem with Kamala Harris is that she is a cackling imbecile who likes to repeat inane riddles before laughing hysterically at herself like some kind of lunatic, and everyone can see it.

The only time she was mildly entertaining was when she was making fun of her Jewish mother in law, and I doubt even that would be allowed now. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The main dilemma is the obvious replacement should be Kamala (can take the campaign donations and she is VP after all) but we have seen how little appetite America has for a woman POTUS never mind a black woman (Americans do love old, white men after all). The racists and misogynists would be out in droves, which could cement a Trump presidency unless women and minorities come out in equal if not greater droves.

And if they choose anyone else then there will be chaos at the party convention as black voters will be mightily pi$$ed off with the Dems if Kamala doesn’t get the nomination. This alone would then hand Trump the presidency.

So in summary, I think they’ll stick with Biden and keep their fingers crossed it’ll be enough.

Yeah, the primary issue is that they need the funds already in place so if Biden was replaced it would likely be Harris. However though misogyny and racism may have it something to do with the way some people feel, alot of moderate dems dislike her too, because of the level of gross incompetence that she's demonstrated during her entire career as district attorney in San Francisco, as Attorney General in California, and as vice president, she's done a really dreadful job, and is deeply unpopular.

I think she could win a debate against Trump and would trounce him in a debate, because he doesn't have much of an intellect and she does, but I don't think she could win the general election. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah, the primary issue is that they need the funds already in place so if Biden was replaced it would likely be Harris. However though misogyny and racism may have it something to do with the way some people feel, alot of moderate dems dislike her too, because of the level of gross incompetence that she's demonstrated during her entire career as district attorney in San Francisco, as Attorney General in California, and as vice president, she's done a really dreadful job, and is deeply unpopular.

I think she could win a debate against Trump and would trounce him in a debate, because he doesn't have much of an intellect and she does, but I don't think she could win the general election. 

she shiuld debate the VP slot as agreed. 

9 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You are babbling nothing i said remotely correlates with anything you are saying..

Spit it out if you have something to say. You not exactly a man of mystery. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2024 at 6:53 AM, Tug said:

Hey at least the dems can criticize Biden without having their careers ruined and in the case of Liz Cheney threatened with execution hummm?personally I think it’s time to put the onus back on the felon you know putins best asset the coup attempter the chairty embezzler + lots more………..just saying…….

Been lying and defending him for 4 years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I can't stand your posts. This is an exception. You could not be more correct.

I like my posts and agree 100% with them. The Democrats last 2 candidates have been terrible. They should put forward new people with sensible policies. Drop the woke stuff, drop the climate crisis nonsense. Create a life for middle america - win easy then. Why they don't do it I don't know.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There were several very viable candidates, and if the Dems had pulled their heads out and started working on name recognition for these challengers a few years back, we wouldn't be having these ridiculous discussions.

As it is, I honestly think the Dems were in a severe state of denial, hoping no one would notice how far Joe's cheese had slid off his cracker, and now we're going to pay a very heavy price for THEIR incompetence.

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The problem with Kamala Harris is not that she is "black" (actually she is mixed race but let's not let the truth get in the way of your narrative). You might remember an ex-President named Barack Obama? Was he an "old, white man"?

The problem with Kamala Harris is that she is a cackling imbecile who likes to repeat inane riddles before laughing hysterically at herself like some kind of lunatic, and everyone can see it.

The only time she was mildly entertaining was when she was making fun of her Jewish mother in law, and I doubt even that would be allowed now. 

Well done for remembering Obama was black however he has been the only black POTUS out of 46 and gained the office through the largest turn out of black voters in American history. All the rest have been old, white men and since whites make up over 2/3rds of the American voting population (and the majority of these are aged over 50), gambling with a black woman at this stage might be just too much to ask, hence why I said they will stick with Biden.

Your other perceptions of Kamala may also hold true (I don't agree but others may) but in my opinion it's better to be a 'cackling imbecile' than the amoral crook you support. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Yeah, sure there are.

Anyway, any reaction to what I posted that was actually on topic? 

It seems that a lot of the prospective candidates to replace Joe this year are falling back in line.  A couple of reasons may be;

a/ they don't want to take the chance of losing to The Donald and torpedoing their chances going forward

b/ if Joe runs and loses, that makes the 2028 election wide open for them

c/ they won't get the money in Joe's election warchest and will have to start fundraising again

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, sure there are.

Anyway, any reaction to what I posted that was actually on topic? 

It seems that a lot of the prospective candidates to replace Joe this year are falling back in line.  A couple of reasons may be;

a/ they don't want to take the chance of losing to The Donald and torpedoing their chances going forward

b/ if Joe runs and loses, that makes the 2028 election wide open for them

c/ they won't get the money in Joe's election warchest and will have to start fundraising again

Trump wins then DeSantis gets 8 years. 12 years with the left out of office. Be great. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

she shiuld debate the VP slot as agreed. 

She would absolutely blow away any opponent as you saw in the original debates, she's very sharp and it's likely her IQ is at least 50 points higher than Trump. I don't like her at all but she is smart. 

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  Rationally.

Sorry to say this, but anyone who asks a question like that has either not been paying attention, is a strict devotee of the master, or does not know anything about the man's history. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well done for remembering Obama was black however he has been the only black POTUS out of 46 and gained the office through the largest turn out of black voters in American history. All the rest have been old, white men and since whites make up over 2/3rds of the American voting population (and the majority of these are aged over 50), gambling with a black woman at this stage might be just too much to ask, hence why I said they will stick with Biden.

Your other perceptions of Kamala may also hold true (I don't agree but others may) but in my opinion it's better to be a 'cackling imbecile' than the amoral crook you support. 

I guess fundamentally I would have to agree with you, I feel anyone is better than Huge Don, but I really don't like her. And Biden is way, way too old. So is Trump. And he is at least half senile, and definitely insane. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

She would absolutely blow away any opponent as you saw in the original debates, she's very sharp and it's likely her IQ is at least 50 points higher than Trump. I don't like her at all but she is smart. 

You must be joking. I saw her gaslighting Biden in the 2020 Democratic primary debates, also getting owned by Tulsi Gabbard. And also saw her campaign very quickly immolate before the caucuses and primaries even began. She was thoroughly and comprehensively rejected by the whole of the Democratic Party at that time. 

She will get the money though. And she is almost half black, which counts for a lot to the Dems. Although a genuine African American would be better.

I'm no Harris fan but the vast majority of Americans don't follow politics very closely.

Therefore I do think Harris who hasn't been much in the news as VP has an opportunity to introduce herself anew to the American public in a positive light.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Meanwhile outside of the maga feverdreams the stock market has reacted to joes saying he’s not going anywhere with a new all time record breaking

Of course, because with such comments he secures a Trump presidency.  You do know that stock price is based on how companies will perform in the future?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  Rationally.

Sorry to say this, but anyone who asks a question like that has either not been paying attention, is a strict devotee of the master, or does not know anything about the man's history. 

I was sure that you would have something rational. 

History?  How did his first term go, then?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I was sure that you would have something rational. 

History?  How did his first term go, then?

You asked. 

Here is what Trump has done for America!:

Only 13 Presidents failed to get re-elected. Only 5 Presidents failed to win the popular vote. Only 4 Presidents have been impeached or resigned. Only 1 President has ever been criminally indicted. And only ONE President has done ALL FOUR. -

DJT didn't lower taxes (He deferred them) 

He didn't get Americans that healthcare coverage 

He did not unite the USA, he divided it 

He didn't lower prescription drug prices 

He didn't get roads or bridges built He didn't decrease the deficit

He didn't end the opioid crisis 

He made over 250 visits to his golf clubs costing us taxpayers $150 million 

He didn't revive the coal industry 

He didn't make covid-19 'disappear'

He didn't make Mexico pay for the wall 

He is ranked the 44th worst President in history

He added $2 Billion a month in tariff costs to the American consumer

He had a net-negative jobs creations for his administration

He decreased corporate taxes, passing the tax burden to the workers 

and he added $ 7.8 Trillion to the deficit - a full 25% of the total deficit 

He incited an insurrection against our government 

He is the only president to never achieve 50% approval

He didn't put "America first" and he sure didn't "Drain the Swamp... He left office with the worst job numbers of any President since the Great Depression with a net job loss over his term 

He is the first former president to be a CONVICTED FELON (34 times). 

The presidency is very much about character.  Trump is a lowlife convicted felon.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump said during the debate that he only stood because Biden did. I'm hoping that if Biden does step down Trump will do likewise. The world can do without another 4 years of the chaos of the last time.

However, if Harris is the candidate, I hope Trump stays on and destroys her.

Then it's simple. Get Biden to stand down (any which way) and problems solved: Two birds with one stone so to speak.

On the other hand, the chances of Trump standing aside voluntarily are about as slim as me becoming President (and I wasn't born in the US).

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You asked. 

Only 13 Presidents failed to get re-elected. Only 5 Presidents failed to win the popular vote. Only 4 Presidents have been impeached or resigned. Only 1 President has ever been criminally indicted. And only ONE President has done ALL FOUR. -

DJT didn't lower taxes (He deferred them) 

He didn't get Americans that healthcare coverage 

He did not unite the USA, he divided it 

He didn't lower prescription drug prices 

He didn't get roads or bridges built He didn't decrease the deficit

He didn't end the opioid crisis 

He made over 250 visits to his golf clubs costing us taxpayers $150 million 

He didn't revive the coal industry 

He didn't make covid-19 'disappear'

He didn't make Mexico pay for the wall 

He is ranked the 44th worst President in history

He added $2 Billion a month in tariff costs to the American consumer

He had a net-negative jobs creations for his administration

He decreased corporate taxes, passing the tax burden to the workers 

and he added $ 7.8 Trillion to the deficit - a full 25% of the total deficit 

He incited an insurrection against our government 

He is the only president to never achieve 50% approval

He didn't put "America first" and he sure didn't "Drain the Swamp... He left office with the worst job numbers of any President since the Great Depression with a net job loss over his term 

He is the first former president to be a CONVICTED FELON (34 times). 

The presidency is very much about character.  Trump is a lowlife convicted felon.

Convicted of calling payment of an NDA a legal expense. 

Meanwhile, the Bidens have gotten rich in Ukraine, China and the US using their connection to Joe Biden, and VP Biden got the prosecutor that was looking into Biden corruption in Ukraine fired by threatening to withhold funding and later bragged about it.

Once in office, President Biden's DOJ slow walked the investigation into Biden corruption until the statutes ran out. 

And how about Biden showering with his teenaged daughter? Class act that. 

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Only 13 Presidents failed to get re-elected

Most gave up later. He is now 2 to 5 points in front. Highly popular. Liked by millions. Biden is a 2 year guy. Had late stage dementia since. Most believe Obama runs the show anyway. So Biden is just a puppet. 

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Convicted of calling payment of an NDA a legal expense. 

Meanwhile, the Bidens have gotten rich in Ukraine, China and the US using their connection to Joe Biden, and VP Biden got the prosecutor that was looking into Biden corruption in Ukraine fired by threatening to withhold funding and later bragged about it.

Once in office, President Biden's DOJ slow walked the investigation into Biden corruption until the statutes ran out. 

And how about Biden showering with his teenaged daughter? Class act that. 

The only one not to get richer in power is Trump. All the rest made a lot. So basically Trump is the least corrupt ever.