In Person 90 day report after international travel required

1 hour ago, statman78 said:

OP, I received the same notice last month when I tried doing my first 90 day report after arriving back in Thailand from an international trip.  I do 1-2 international trips every year and in the past I was always able to do my first 90 day report online here in Chiang Rai.  It looks like immigration updated the system so that there is more consistency across offices.

But how do they no you have been out of the country

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Almer said:

But how do they no you have been out of the country

You don't consider that immigration has access to all your entries/exits on their computer? Along with a ton of other information. 

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

I just got this today from Chon Buri Immigration and was told it is new.

I was in at 8:30 and out at 8:55.

20240708_083801.jpg

It seems that is exactly what they have done, added an auto screening. Unfortunately it seems the criteria/data they are referencing is wrong. I got rejected for supposedly having a tourist visa.

Your visa category does not comply with the 90-days notification conditions (tourist).

I have a current 1 year extension. I get so tired of being on the receiving end of this.

So have the regulations changed...again or is this rogue offices? Bummer if this is now across all offices. I've not had this with mine, Kalasin. Last time I did in person was 2022 entering with a new visa after Covid border closures ended. So both TM 47 & TM 30 had to be done. The IO told me TM47 in person not necessary next time when returning from outside Thailand. Provided I am at same address here, I haven't changed my passport or it's number, I re entered on a valid re entry permit and my permission to stay still valid (or renewed) at the 90 day point I can use the online report putting in the the re entry date using the re entry permit. Admittedly the last time I left the country was May 2023 and then returned in August 2023.

I hope they are not going to extend this to the TM30 notification of address too. Anything I can do myself is OK, if tiresome. It's not OK when the obligation to report falls on someone else who is uncooperative or incapacitated.

• Agree 1

Apologies for the multiple posts. How to delete? I don't know!

I kept getting hitting the submit button  because  each time I tried to submit I got this message with the number of seconds changing from 12 down to 1 then starting at 12 again

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 6 seconds before submitting

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

That's the fine for an overstay of his visa which has nothing to do with 90 day reports.  You can't be fined that much and can't get blacklisted for not doing your 90 day report.

Exactly. At both exit and entry they are not interested in 90 day reports. Which incidentally clearly states that it is not an extension of stay. 

They want to see a visa or extensions granted from it that haven't expired at the date of departure.

18 hours ago, yabbra said:

No, it certainly hasn't always been the case at all...Sadly, it appears to be another new annoying implemention of the already pointless 90 Day reporting system.

For me down in Hat Yai, Songkhla it has been like that  reporting in person after International travel/Reentering Thailand as far back as 2014 when we came back from overseas.

So , there's Nothing New about this .

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a problem for me. 

Travel OFTEN to Saigon and if I had to attend in person for TM47/TM30 every time after international travel it would be a pain to say the least.

TM47 is not every time, it is only when you do your 90 report.  So if you travel 5 times you will not need to do a 90 day until you stop moving +90 days and at that time you have to report to immigration in person.

Edited by AAArdvark
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

The IO told me TM47 in person not necessary next time when returning from outside Thailand.

That is ANCIENT news from the I/O and was accurate at the time
BUT
Since they updated the 90 day online system this last time AND had it cross check addresses with the TM30 system, they also made it that you have to apply in person for the 90 day report when it comes due the first time after you come back into the country. 

Many many people have had their 90 day online rejected with the "must report in person after returning from abroad" reason 

19 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

BUT
Since they updated the 90 day online system this last time AND had it cross check addresses with the TM30 system, they also made it that you have to apply in person for the 90 day report when it comes due the first time after you come back into the country. 

Many many people have had their 90 day online rejected with the "must report in person after returning from abroad" reason 

as I said in my OP, it was new for me.

23 hours ago, mokwit said:

It just gets more and more "Freudian".

Yes always sillier and crazier...but thinking more "Orwellian" is also a good term. T.I.T.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes always sillier and crazier...but thinking more "Orwellian" is also a good term. T.I.T.

"Freudian" as a politer euphemism for @n@l.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

BUT

I am wondering if my rejection was due to different formats between my last 90 day and handwritten TM30 form which may have had the address data entered into the system differently.

Kinda negates their "generosity" in not requiring a new TM30 if you reenter on a reentry permit. Any reports that TM30 is also required to file first TM47 after return from abroad?

On 7/7/2024 at 3:15 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah it has always been the case for as long as I remember that you need to do a 90 day report in person after returning to the country. 

Even with a re entry permit? I thought the 90 day report started after you arrived at the airport.

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

Even with a re entry permit? I thought the 90 day report started after you arrived at the airport.

Re-entry permit is for your visa and has nothing to do with 90 day reports which is when you need to report in after you have been 90 continuous days in the country.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mokwit said:

Kinda negates their "generosity" in not requiring a new TM30 if you reenter on a reentry permit. Any reports that TM30 is also required to file first TM47 after return from abroad?

There is no generosity anymore, with the TM 30 program and the tm-47 program cross-checking addresses you have to file a new tm30 every time you come into the country and in fact when you return home even if you stay someplace inside the country. If they register you in the TM 30 system you need to refile one when you go back home to you primary address

Also you have to get that address exactly right on the 90 online system, it has to be just like it's written on the TM 30

Edited by Tod Daniels

I have never had a mailed in TM47 rejected.  Once a receipt wasn’t returned to me.  When I went to CW, my receipt was handed to me and the new amount that must be put on the envelopes was explained to me. I didn’t have to pay a find.  The postage is now 37 baht each way. Since then I have  had no problem.

A good way to fill in your TM 47 is to open the form in a PDF editor such as Adobe Acrobat and using the proper mode (edit or fill-in) fill your data on the form, save it with a new name such as the date, eg. 240708, then print out as many copies as you need.  For those who don’t have the required equipment,  there are offices around that will complete the form and mail it in for you for a price.  It’s a little bother to do that but better than having to do a trip to CW and wait in the long queue there.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

There is no generosity anymore, with the TM 30 program and the tm-47 program cross-checking addresses you have to file a new tm30 every time you come into the country and in fact when you return home even if you stay someplace inside the country. If they register you in the TM 30 system you need to refile one when you go back home to you primary address

Also you have to get that address exactly right on the 90 online system, it has to be just like it's written on the TM 30

Well, just submitted a 90-dayer online with CW. No, not returning from an overseas trip, but kind of expect an issue with the TM 30 cross-check. 

I rent, and it's hard to get basic cooperation from the agent about this. Took repeated requests to register a TM 30 three years back. Since the announcement of the 'new TM 30 system' (last September, I think) I informed them that a filing in the new system was required. Asked several times, asked also that I get a hard copy of the registration. It's gets to be a drag to ask, "Hey, what about the TM 30?" I never have gotten any copy, but my last online 90-dayer (75 days ago, ha) was approved. 

So CW is requiring a new TM 30 for returning to your residence even after a domestic days-away stay from it?

When you've got your own place, as an owner, OK that's easy enough. For renters, it's just a mess. 

Edited by rwilem

On 7/7/2024 at 5:43 PM, yabbra said:

No, it certainly hasn't always been the case at all...Sadly, it appears to be another new annoying implemention of the already pointless 90 Day reporting system.

I had to do it in person last year after overseas trip. Chaengwattana

7 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I had to do it in person last year after overseas trip. Chaengwattana

You mean that you needed to report in person since your online report rejected? 

On 7/8/2024 at 6:16 PM, Tod Daniels said:

you have to file a new tm30 every time you come into the country

I didn't file a TM30 last time I came from abroad (April), no problem. 

I was at CW a bit later for Visa extension, no problem. 

I haven't filed a TM47 yet, will that be a problem because the TM30 is missing?

8 hours ago, Lorry said:

I haven't filed a TM47 yet, will that be a problem because the TM30 is missing?

If you file the TM47 online it will be rejected because of the TM30 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If you file the TM47 online it will be rejected because of the TM30 

I used to file online before they had the new system,  it worked. 

So with the new system it won't work?