Buying new tyres

I need a set of tyres as I have just changed my wheels but the tyres that came with them are too big.

B quik , Cockpit, etc want 10-12k per tyre.

Many advertisers on FB are offering tyres for as low as 1,800 incl Bridgestone, Goodyear, Kumho , Toyo etc Year 23/24

What's the catch?

Check Yokohama.....There's a tarrif on imported tires that raises the price.....Get local built brands..... Yokohama makes them in Thailand..... Unless you have an odd sized tire the prices you are sharing are a lot more than the Maxxis I had put on my SUV - about 7k each for a meaty, all terrain truck sized tire.....

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Check Yokohama.....There's a tarrif on imported tires that raises the price.....Get local built brands..... Yokohama makes them in Thailand..... Unless you have an odd sized tire the prices you are sharing are a lot more than the Maxxis I had put on my SUV - about 7k each for a meaty, all terrain truck sized tire.....

245 35 19 size

Some of the FB stock may be old stock.  If you buy online , you will still need to pay for fitting and balancing - @ about 2-300 baht per wheel.

B Quik etc are convenient - but definitely not cheap.

good deals can be found from reputable sellers on Lazada or Shopee - just make sure to check the sellers ratings…

5 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I need a set of tyres as I have just changed my wheels but the tyres that came with them are too big.

B quik , Cockpit, etc want 10-12k per tyre.

Many advertisers on FB are offering tyres for as low as 1,800 incl Bridgestone, Goodyear, Kumho , Toyo etc Year 23/24

What's the catch?

That’s about the right price for the tyre size you have quoted …get Primacy or Pilot Sport 5 …can’t go wrong …cheap tyres on a nice car …NO

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, G Rex said:

Some of the FB stock may be old stock.  If you buy online , you will still need to pay for fitting and balancing - @ about 2-300 baht per wheel.

B Quik etc are convenient - but definitely not cheap.

good deals can be found from reputable sellers on Lazada or Shopee - just make sure to check the sellers ratings…

Year 23/24. Not online, they all have outlets. One quoted 500 Baht for balancing all 4 wheels if I buy his tyres.

Actually checked B quik online and they don't stock my size.

Where do your neighbors buy their tires?  There are plenty of independent tire shops out there........nothing special about B-Quik or Cockpit other than the premium prices.

Search out some local shops, check the DOT label to confirm freshness.  Mounting and balancing should be included in the price.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Bought a set of 4 for Pajero Sport a couple of weeks ago. Original Bridgestones exactly same as originally fitted. Purchased from; AutoBacs. Had change out of 20,000. Very good tyre fitting bay IMHO. www.autobacs.co.th

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Be careful when buying from non-recognized outfits. I knew somebody who bought Bridgestones really cheap for his Toyota Vigo. They were cheap because they were Chinese knockoffs called Bridestone (missing the G) and the big holes in the middle weren't actually in the middle.  

Made for an interesting ride.:coffee1:

One guy has sent photos of tyres with sticker still on. Definitely says Bridgestone Potenza.

No idea which car, but given that size, I'm assuming it has some performance and you're not buying just for looks. I decide which exact tire I want and then look up who officially stocks them from the company's website. Not worth the risk getting them from some random shop. IMHO, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Bought a set of 4 for Pajero Sport a couple of weeks ago. Original Bridgestones exactly same as originally fitted. Purchased from; AutoBacs. Had change out of 20,000. Very good tyre fitting bay IMHO. www.autobacs.co.th

Just looked at their website, they have Deestone at 3900 each, all the rest are around 10k+.

Bridgestone Potenza 9960.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Just looked at their website, they have Deestone at 3900 each, all the rest are around 10k+.

Bridgestone Potenza 9960.

Thanks for that! I didn't get to choose. My Mrs does the driving. She insisted upon 'original' and also decided where she was going to purchase them from. I just had to provide the cash!

5 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for that! I didn't get to choose. My Mrs does the driving. She insisted upon 'original' and also decided where she was going to purchase them from. I just had to provide the cash!

But you paid less than 5k each  ? Or is that what she told you......................

You have to be careful buying tyres online. I bought a couple of tyres on Lazada. They cracked and lumps fell off when the mechanic tried to fit them. He said they were three or four years old. Could tell by the code on the tyre wall.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

But you paid less than 5k each  ? Or is that what she told you......................

I was with her. Drew 20,000 cash out of ATM and I handed it to the guy in AutoBacs. After keying in the transaction he handed my Mrs some change and the receipt. You've got me thinking now! She's out at the moment. I'll ask her if she's got the paperwork?

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

You have to be careful buying tyres online. I bought a couple of tyres on Lazada. They cracked and lumps fell off when the mechanic tried to fit them. He said they were three or four years old. Could tell by the code on the tyre wall.

Not buying online.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2024 at 7:57 PM, Lorin said:

I just changed tyres on my Pajero Sport, so took me few days to find the good deal. First of all buy tyres that only few months old, means 2024. The difference between different shops/online is about 500-1000 baht per tyre max, everything else is scam. Michelin/Bridgestone is the most expensive, you dont need em  anyway. Look for Yokohama/Goodyear/Dunlop for 4500-5000 baht per tyre(in your case it can be cheaper cause yours are smaller). If you want a bit cheaper Maxxis are good choice, can have em for 3800 or even less. Myself i found discounted deal on BFGoodrich Advantage Touring for 15K instead of 20K at Tyre Plus. Very happy with those tyres, feels better than GoodYears that I had before.

spent the past year looking at WAY too many tires s time was coming to change. Finally did it this week after a lot of reviewing...I got Bridgestone Dueler AT A002...very nice. Auto1 has a deal of buy 3, 1 free til end of the month. Price/tire was 5180 THB in the end. Good price and great tires imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1