Everybody is born and dies the same way

Just now, Hummin said:

Report it and get it removed 😄

Just glad it's a really boring town with no nightlife, except mediocre surfside restaurants, without AC.   Hot ... DAMN HOT

If sitting surfside,  choose wisely to avoid the smell of sewage ... oops, I mean storm water run off.   And definitely don't walk on the sand barefooted, or at all.   I won't let my dog walk on it, it's that gross.

Head over to Ao Manao to swim in the shallow, bathtub warm, unrefreshing, keep your ears out of, surf :cheesy:

You'll need to self drive, as no public trans.   All keeping PKK, nice & quiet.

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Just glad it's a really boring town with no nightlife, except mediocre surfside restaurants, without AC.   Hot ... DAMN HOT

If sitting surfside,  choose wisely to avoid the smell of sewage ... oops, I mean storm water run off.   And definitely don't walk on the sand barefooted, or at all.   I won't let my dog walk on it, it's that gross.

Head over to Ao Manao to swim in the shallow, bathtub warm, unrefreshing, keep your ears out of, surf :cheesy:

Nice base for sure, enjoyed one of the beach side older hotels there with great view for a decent price. They gave me parking litteraly inside the recpetion/restaurant for our bikes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure about that. Plenty of farangs there now.

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Nice base for sure, enjoyed one of the beach side older hotels there with great view for a decent price. They gave me parking litteraly inside the recpetion/restaurant for our bikes. 

Yes ... been visiting for short week, couple days, just a pit stop over the 15 years before living here, and not much has changed.   Hadthong hotel was the go to for a long time.   Have 2 new ones, past 5 years.

Usually a stop on the way to Phuket, 10 yrs running, then simply stopped going to Phuket, and spent our 'beach' holiday at Ban Krut and or Thung Wua Laem, where you can actually go in the surf, on the Gulf side.   Phuket just not worth the extra drive ... been there, done that, 2X a year, and now way too crowded.

Never was a fan of Ao Nang, Krabi.  Strangely, never popped around to Railay beaches  PP was way too cool, and Khao Lak was a regular pit stop also, but both pre tsunami.

Phuket was bliss during covid, but now back to, rather more congested than ever.  I await the next pandemic before visiting again :coffee1:

13 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Not sure about that. Plenty of farangs there now.

Yea, but not the sexpats or sex tourist type.   Just a bunch of ol' farts, socializing, sipping a few nightly, surfside at a couple spots.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes ... been visiting for short week, couple days, just a pit stop over the 15 years before living here, and not much has changed.   Hadthong hotel was the go to for a long time.   Have 2 new ones, past 5 years.

Usually a stop on the way to Phuket, 10 yrs running, then simply stopped going to Phuket, and spent our 'beach' holiday at Ban Krut and or Thung Wua Laem, where you can actually go in the surf, on the Gulf side.   Phuket just not worth the extra drive ... been there, done that, 2X a year, and now way too crowded.

Never was a fan of Ao Nang, Krabi.  Strangely, never popped around to Railay beaches  PP was way too cool, and Khao Lak was a regular pit stop also, but both pre tsunami.

Phuket was bliss during covid, but now back to, rather more congested than ever.  I await the next pandemic before visiting again :coffee1:

Thung Wua Laem is a natural stop for us after Hua Hin, and then Ranong next. A few days at the Island out there, and down to Ao Nang, Satun, and then cross over to Surat Thani for Koh Phangan is a nice roundtrip in the south. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Thung Wua Laem is a natural stop for us after Hua Hin, and then Ranong next. A few days at the Island out there, and down to Ao Nang, Satun, and then cross over to Surat Thani for Koh Phangan is a nice roundtrip in the south. 

I haven't done much on the lower Andaman side.  Islands that is, and just stayed on the mainland.

Ko Phayam off of Ranong was bliss, 20 yrs ago.  Haven't been back.   Smaller islands kind of concerned me, with the wee one, and if bit by a snake.   Evan on Ko Phayam, one gal I know chased a cobra out of her bungalow :shock1:

Now we got the dog to complicate things :cheesy: 

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I haven't done much on the lower Andaman side.  Islands that is, and just stayed on the mainland.

Ko Phayam off of Ranong was bliss, 20 yrs ago.  Haven't been back.   Smaller islands kind of concerned me, with the wee one, and if bit by a snake.   Evan on Ko Phayam, one gal I know chased a cobra out of her bungalow :shock1:

Now we got the dog to complicate things :cheesy: 

Kradan is nice.

• Thanks 1