British-Thai couple ‘paws’ to save puppy from restaurant abuse

webfact

1 hour ago, proton said:

Not eaten any since 1972, or fish. People can eat what they like but don't pretend they are animal lovers if eating them

Agree, I also don't eat meat, I find it kinda puzzling when people happily eat lamb and calf and rabbit and other lovely cute little animals and then get into an uproar if someone else is eating dog or cat. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Did I say these were soi dogs? Most of, if not all of them were other's dogs that liked to come to my house because I was nice to them, and gave them a little food. This had them returning. Other dogs in our village were also poisoned, which means this nutcase lives here and doesn't like dogs, and has to kill them to feed his sick control personality. These dogs only go after other dogs when they are trying to mate. I've never seen any here act aggressive against people. Feeding these dogs is a nice thing to do, because sometimes they aren't being fed anywhere else. What is making the dog problem worse here is locals, and their lack of care for dogs after they change from the puppy stage. Neutering and spaying is the only way to reduce the population because not many actually care besides those that are doing the fixing, and those that are feeding the animals that are already here.

But neutering is not carried out on a scale that reduces the population, it merely slows the growth down. Then most of these pests are still around the sois barking, crapping and bitting. Soi dog foundation has over 20 years only done about 100 mutts a day on average, like trying to empty a sinking boat with a cup. Makes people feel better believing neutering is an answer, in practice it has not been.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

There's a big difference in eating and animal that most people keep as a pet, compared to an animal that is raised for eating. If People did not eat them then there is no point in these animals existing. 

There is no difference at all between domestic and livestock, unless you believe all animals are equal but some are more equal than others! It's just an artificial distinction by humans, this is an old nonsense argument- if we were not eating them they would not exist, if they only exist for you to eat better not to exist at all and bypass all that suffering. Sure, livestock has been artificially bred, but no animal has been cross bred more than dogs and no animal has any more right to live without suffering and not being eaten by us than any others. 

• Haha 1

As far as anyone hurting any animal, I believe that is the reason why God made plastic bags!
😎Just 5/6 minutes with one of those over your head and it cures you from ever hurting another animal! EVER!😎

Abuse animal Law is very strict in Greece and those who have been arrested to abuse animal are or in correction centers (prison) or they pay fine €30.000 for each case.

Those who abuse animals are sure that if they given the chance they will kill human being.

Source:

Guidance on reporting animal abuse when in Greece

Under the Greek law (Article 16, Law 4039/2012 & Article 1, Law 1197/1981) 

Step 1 – Immediately call the Police (Phone Number 100):

Step 2 – Visit the Police Station – either the local one or any other Police Station

Step 3 – If the animal’s health is in imminent danger

https://www.animalactiongreece.org/advice-and-welfare/how-to-report-animal-cruelty/

I suggest that you are no better. Unless you eat only fruit which has fallen from the tree and therefore already dead. Otherwise you are a murderer of vegetable's which have feelings also. 

1 hour ago, proton said:

There is no difference at all between domestic and livestock, unless you believe all animals are equal but some are more equal than others! It's just an artificial distinction by humans, this is an old nonsense argument- if we were not eating them they would not exist, if they only exist for you to eat better not to exist at all and bypass all that suffering. Sure, livestock has been artificially bred, but no animal has been cross bred more than dogs and no animal has any more right to live without suffering and not being eaten by us than any others. 

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

I have a feeling dog might be on the menu tonight. Of course there is a difference. Dogs were bread as companions for humans, and were used to hunt animals for food. It would be a sad world without dogs and cats. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, rwill said:

We now have 3 thai dogs we 'rescued'.  The first one we also named Lucky.  

My wife always feels bad when she sees these abandoned dogs and wants to save them.  I keep telling her there are millions of them in Thailand and you can't help them all.

correct Will ... 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Ratchanok informed ThaiRath that Boy suffers from a mental illness caused by drug use. He had previously gone on a rampage, hurling various objects, such as a flower pot and a brick, at her restaurant. Although she had filed multiple complaints against him before, the police were unable to take action due to his mental condition.

Of course not, people with mental condition should be let do as they please... animal cruelty, rape, assault, murder.... can't be touched due to their condition...

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, frankie machine said:

Seeing that the Thai police are powerless to intervene due to Boy's "mental condition" I'm wondering if some concrete therapy for Boy might be in order. 

Yes, but you're dealing with the RTP and if there's no money invoved, they won't get interested.

On 7/12/2024 at 5:42 AM, Ben Zioner said:

Short Brit story.

His Dad was Scottish.

My mother was from Scotland, my father from Wales. I was born in England.

I am English and I am a Brit'.

What's your point?":

You have a problem with Brits?

You sound 'Palestinian'- most of the world has a problem with you - one way or another.

Try keeping your nationality sneering fetish for under the sheets!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

My mother was from Scotland, my father from Wales. I was born in England.

I am English and I am a Brit'.

What's your point?":

You have a problem with Brits?

You sound 'Palestinian'- most of the world has a problem with you - one way or another.

Try keeping your nationality sneering fetish for under the sheets!

You angry Darling?

On 7/12/2024 at 6:44 AM, fredwiggy said:

I see almost daily abuse of animals here. Yesterday picking my daughter up at her school a boy was kicking a dog I was petting until I told him to stop. This is learned behavior. My own girlfriend's son, who likes cats, always has to pinch them until they squeal. I keep telling him to be nice to the cats but it hasn't yet gone through. I know he likes the cats but this is a controlling behavior, where a child feels the need to overpower a lesser creature because he feels out of control in his life, at least for now. People who intentionally mistreat animals that aren't doing anything wrong will grow up to do this to humans, if they already haven't started. Animals here aren't looked at much  the same way they are back in the US, where they are part of the family and aren't mistreated except by those who are mentally ill, like this one here is doing.

My own girlfriend's son, who likes cats, always has to pinch them until they squeal....Well Get hIm a Cobra as a pet I Don't think he'll want to pinch that !!

Seeme every murderer / rapist / child abducted claims mental illness. Those lovely young students in the UK on their way home, little children everywhere , victims of incest ,  all at the mercy of «  mentally ill people ».The courts all over the world should wake up, and people with children should act immediately at the first sign of abuse. 

On 7/13/2024 at 10:34 AM, Blueman1 said:

My own girlfriend's son, who likes cats, always has to pinch them until they squeal....Well Get hIm a Cobra as a pet I Don't think he'll want to pinch that !!

I subtly try to teach him what he's doing is wrong, and lead by example. My girlfriend's house has 7 cats that call it home, though stay mostly outside. One had a litter where three out of four died from something. The last one he pinches and he looks at me to see me frowning. Think it's a game to him, but I really can't do much else than what I already do. This kitten attacks everything, more so than I've ever seen a kitten do at it's age. It's because he's teaching it aggression, which they learn naturally anyway, against other cats. They aren't supposed to be scratching and biting people, and I'm trying to show this kitten the other side.

Her son sees how the cats come to me every time I visit there, like to sit in my lap, and aren't afraid of me like they are him, so that's a learning tool. He never had a dad in his life so he doesn't know what to expect besides what he sees me do and how I treat his mom. he learns from other stupid children who also abuse animals, as I've seen two myself who do the same things when they visit. One main reason I'm trying to get this across to him , along with treating his mom well, is that if he continues to abuse animals and use control over them, he will do this in his relationships with women, and it could get him arrested.

On 7/12/2024 at 2:37 PM, proton said:

But neutering is not carried out on a scale that reduces the population, it merely slows the growth down. Then most of these pests are still around the sois barking, crapping and bitting. Soi dog foundation has over 20 years only done about 100 mutts a day on average, like trying to empty a sinking boat with a cup. Makes people feel better believing neutering is an answer, in practice it has not been.

Imagine if it wasn't being done. It just needs to be funded by the government and stepped up all over Thailand. The lack of concern I see for animals also shows in the same for it's women and children here, and that's a real problem. There is no other valid way to control an animals population growth besides hunting and fixing. Dogs being domestic aren't hunted, and only a weirdo eats domestic animals. Yes, some animals are domesticated. Some aren't meant to be. True that many other animals could also be domesticated but it's not easy having a cow, deer species,, bull, chickens, ducks, geese, any game birds, etc living in your home, and they were put here to be eaten. Dogs weren't. God knows the reasons animals are here, as well as many of us humans. Rabbits can also be pets and eaten of course, so that's a valid argument, and I like eating rabbit, as does millions of other people.

• Confused 1