Party Accused of Bribing Senators with Cash and Cars

webfact

image.jpeg

Today, controversy has erupted around sensational allegations presented by new senator, Premsak Piayura. He claims that an unnamed political party is attempting to covertly recruit senators by offering them regular payments, luxury vehicles, and additional staffing. This purported bribery aims to secure unwavering support for upcoming legislative efforts by the implicated party.

Premsak Piayura, who recently transitioned from being a Member of Parliament from Khon Kaen to a senator, refrained from specifying which party was involved.

However, observers note that he hinted towards the involvement of certain influential political figures by highlighting the suspicious alignment of some senators with specific partisan agendas.

The senator’s accusations spotlight the broader, troubling implications of such activities undermining the roles of senators.

Constitutionally, senators are entrusted to act independently, serving as crucial figures in selecting members of significant independent agencies.

This includes the Constitutional Court, the National Anti-Corruption Commission, and the Election Commission. Any compromise in their impartiality could skew critical oversight and governance functions they are meant to uphold.

In the wake of these allegations, Premsak Piayura has also announced the formation of a group named "white senators." This group, currently consisting of twelve members, pledges to maintain their independence and neutrality away from any party lines.

They are symbolized by white wristbands, representing their commitment to transparency and impartial governance.

This unfolding story strikes at the core of political integrity and the supposed independence of the Senate. It raises urgent questions about the effectiveness of current safeguards against political corruption and whether additional measures might be needed to preserve the sanctity of these democratic institutions.

TOP: Premsak Piayura. Picture courtesy: Thai Rath

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-13

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Today, controversy has erupted around sensational allegations presented by new senator, Premsak Piayura. He claims that an unnamed political party is attempting to covertly recruit senators by offering them regular payments, luxury vehicles, and additional staffing. This purported bribery aims to secure unwavering support for upcoming legislative efforts by the implicated party.

Are we surprised...

• Agree 1

In the wake of these allegations, Premsak Piayura has also announced the formation of a group named "white senators." This group, currently consisting of twelve members, pledges to maintain their independence and neutrality away from any party lines.

6% honest senators... 

• Haha 1

However, observers note that he hinted towards the involvement of certain influential political figures by highlighting the suspicious alignment of some senators with specific partisan agendas.

Thaksin , same Trump , want to control the senate .

He wants Paetongtarn to become PM ...

Everything is good enough to reach this goal ...

But , Thailand has changed , it is a little bit more transparent now ... attempts to corruption and nepotism are soon discovered and , hopefully , published .

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

amazing. you posted a link that has the same story as this one. oh and guess what it shows zero evidence BJT did anything.

do you have any evidence ?

What is amazing is the you suggest they are the same story, but in the original story, BJT is not mentioned at all. Figment of your imagination?

What evidence would you like me to produce here? 🤡

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

What is amazing is the you suggest they are the same story, but in the original story, BJT is not mentioned at all. Figment of your imagination?

What evidence would you like me to produce here? 🤡

the two stories are talking about the same issue. what evidence ? how about any. 

also you do know what sarcasm is right ? i would of thought that part was painfully clear in my original comment. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

the two stories are talking about the same issue. what evidence ? how about any. 

also you do know what sarcasm is right ? i would of thought that part was painfully clear in my original comment. 

Yes, I know about sarcasm, so don't understand why you are arguing about evidence. Better to just shut up.

Foolish to ask about evidence here.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Yes, I know about sarcasm, so don't understand why you are arguing about evidence. Better to just shut up.

Foolish to ask about evidence here.

You made a stupid claim so until you can prove it ....better to just shut up.

• Haha 1

Just now, stoner said:

You made a stupid claim so until you can prove it ....better to just shut up.

I didn't make any claim at all. I posted an article. Seems that you are unable to discern the difference.

Perhaps you need to cut back on the weed. You are posting nonsense. First claiming the articles were the same and secondly that I made any claim at all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

I didn't make any claim at all. I posted an article. Seems that you are unable to discern the difference.

Perhaps you need to cut back on the weed. You are posting nonsense. First claiming the articles were the same and secondly that I made any claim at all.

evidence BJT did any wrong doing. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1