Realistic/affordable to rent a house WITH LAND ?

Hi guys,

I’m 59 yo and I intend to retire in Thailand in 5 years’ time. I’ve been living alone for a while. I need to leave « boring » Europe to explore a new culture and setup. 

I’ll be 64 or 65 yo by then. I intend to move around quite a bit over my first 1 or 2 years. Previously, in 2012, I traveled twice to thailand for a total duration of three months.

After my first two years, I might want to settle somewhere in a quiet and confortable place. I WILL DEFINITELY BE RENTING.

I know the market is wildly different according to location but… I wonder if some of you could share information on this topic.

COULD I AFFORD to rent a 80-square-meter house, with air conditioning and a 5000-square-meters piece of land with a budget of 10.000 bahts? 15.000 baht? 20.000 bahts? … per month ? You get my idea,

Is that realistic ?  

Thanks to anyone commenting,

4 minutes ago, Franck60 said:

… Yes, but as I said in my post, after 1 or 2 years exploring… I’ll be looking at other options,

Well yes 10,000 to 20,000 is possible. Depends in area.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Franck60 said:

COULD I AFFORD to rent a 80-square-meter house, with air conditioning and a 5000-square-meters piece of land with a budget of 10.000 bahts? 15.000 baht? 20.000 bahts? … per month ? You get my idea,

Is that realistic ?  

to rent a house for 10-20,000 thb is not a big problem; but prices depend on the location.

however, a 5,000 m2 plot is more than 3 rai, which will be hard to find and typically requires

employing a gardener ... (will cost you 5 - 10'000 thb per month)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

to rent a house for 10-20,000 thb is not a big problem; but prices depend on the location.

however, a 5,000 m2 plot is more than 3 rai, which will be hard to find and typically requires

employing a gardener ... (will cost you 5 - 10'000 thb per month)

Yea ... not understanding the need for the large plot, as that's a 70m X 70m plot.   Better just rent a place that backs up to a National Park area, if you want to be in nature a bit.

A plot that large, as stated, will  need maintaining, or be farmland.   And if you're bored now, living extreme rural, isn't going to help.  Nice for a weekend of R&R, but everyday living, think it will get to you sooner or later .... probably much sooner.

• Agree 1