Trump Rally in Butler PA

26 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Jonathan Willis, the officer in the famous photo of the two snipers on the roof at Trump's rally, has informed the public that he had the assassin in his sights for at least 3 minutes, but the head of the Secret Service refused to give the order to take out the perpetrator. They prevented him from stopping the assassin before he took shots at President Trump and killed a spectator and wounded 2 others

This was in X now. 

Gee, I wonder why that happened? 

As information on this event starts to leak I suspect we will have many more questions about strange coincidences and inconsistencies. Where Trump is concerned, you can’t take anything at face value.

On 7/13/2024 at 2:39 PM, FriscoKid said:

Trump should rest and recover. No more rallies. Too dangerous. Putting the lives of his supporters at risk too. 1 supporter dead and another in critical condition. Not good. Dropping out of the race would be the safest and best thing for everyone. 

Wishful thinking.  Trump is now more determined to run and win. 

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

Gee, I wonder why that happened? 

As information on this event starts to leak I suspect we will have many more questions about strange coincidences and inconsistencies. Where Trump is concerned, you can’t take anything at face value.

Yeah, I posted that when i read it online.. But have since been reading that it may not have been the secret service man who shot the killer writing it. It may be from an anonymous prankster. 

However, they have video of the SS man shooting the killer in the head. Clearly showing the SS man had this sniper in his sites for some time before actually taking him down. So it is plausible the SS are at fault here for not shooting him as soon as they him on the rooftop with a rifle. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Here's my theory on that, and that's all it is- my theory.  The guy was bear crawling on the far side of the gable roof, too low to be seen by the SS sniper over the roof ridge.  When he popped up his head to threaten the local cop on the ladder, he exposed himself, and the SS sniper was already scanning the rooftop because of the bystanders calling attention to it.  That forced Crooks to start firing at Trump, and the SS sniper ended him, but only after he got off several shots.  And because of the haste, the shots weren't well placed.  Which would make both the local cop and the SS sniper into heroes in my book.

Let's see what the investigation says.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Here's my theory on that, and that's all it is- my theory.  The guy was bear crawling on the far side of the gable roof, too low to be seen by the SS sniper over the roof ridge .  When he popped up his head to threaten the local cop on the ladder, he exposed himself, drawing the attention of the SS sniper.  That forced Crooks to start firing at Trump, and the SS sniper ended him, but only after he got off several shots.  And because of the haste, the shots weren't well placed.  Which would make both the local cop and the SS sniper into heroes in my book.

I would agree with you.  If the local cop had not climbed up then it could been the end of Trump. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stoner said:

come on. i know bidens rally's are not huge but posting one from the height of covid is a dumb comparison. 

No humour?   I even explicitly stated it was old or something like that.  It was meant as a serious response.  

6 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

No humour?   I even explicitly stated it was old or something like that.  It was meant as a serious response.  

Har har ?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Here's my theory on that, and that's all it is- my theory.  The guy was bear crawling on the far side of the gable roof, too low to be seen by the SS sniper over the roof ridge.  When he popped up his head to threaten the local cop on the ladder, he exposed himself, and the SS sniper was already scanning the rooftop because of the bystanders calling attention to it.  That forced Crooks to start firing at Trump, and the SS sniper ended him, but only after he got off several shots.  And because of the haste, the shots weren't well placed.  Which would make both the local cop and the SS sniper into heroes in my book.

That’s plausible.  I wouldn’t hold my breath for the results of any official “investigation’” though.  At this point, what credibility do the officials have?  Kennedy was assassinated over 60 years ago and the facts of that incident are still sealed. Or consider the do-called investigation of 9/11.  Another coverup. In my mind, neither the “officials“ nor the mainstream media have any credibility.  Their function is to say whatever they are told to say.  

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A stout Democrat!  55555

I'm not, nor am I American, 

I actually think for myself, know and reject religious fanaticism and greedy corporatism equally.  I just wish the sane parts of the world weren't affected by the nutcase ideologies of countries like Iran and the US.

You are speaking English, from a foreign country where you live, not being forced to mince your words, on the internet, able to travel and your little country isnt a pile of smoking rubble presided over by any variety of laughing psychopaths.

American citizens died making your little world. The best compliment to the world WE have built (on the British foundation) is the ability of those who are alive thanks to us to sit their and spew hate at us.

Say Thank You every day that you live under our umbrella.

Edited by Yagoda
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

You are pretty close I think. He rushed the first shot, then just started blasting. Took the Counter sniper a bit to find him, but you hear the last shot that ended it.

The windage error that saved President Trumps life was probably poor trigger pull caused by squeezing the handgrip and jerking.

One of the best ways to practice head shots is a balloon on a breezy day BTW

7 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Jonathan Willis, the officer in the famous photo of the two snipers on the roof at Trump's rally, has informed the public that he had the assassin in his sights for at least 3 minutes, but the head of the Secret Service refused to give the order to take out the perpetrator. They prevented him from stopping the assassin before he took shots at President Trump and killed a spectator and wounded 2 others

This was in X now. 

It's an anonymous post on X from someone claiming to be a police sniper but as far as I can tell, with no confirmation that he is who he claims to be or that the sequence of events he describes, actually took place.

Unless of course, you have evidence that you can give us?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

As for the “sequence of events “?  Don’t forget the video.  There’s an actual video of the Secret Service snipers up on the roof, looking at the shooter through their scopes for at least 42 seconds during which time they did nothing.  They knew he was there, they knew he had a rifle, and yet they watched and waited.  What were they waiting for? An engraved invitation to go ahead and neutralize the shooter?  

I don’t know what the rules of engagement are, but I assume those guys are up there to do one job. Protect Trump. If a guy crawling around on a roof with a rifle in close proximity to Trump isn’t an obvious threat, what would be?  Certainly they don’t need anyone’s permission to do their job.

Someone has some explaining to do.

6 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Don’t forget the video.  There’s an actual video of the Secret Service snipers up on the roof, looking at the shooter through their scopes for at least 42 seconds during which time they did nothing.  

I'm sure you can provide a link to that video

12 hours ago, Yagoda said:

You are speaking English, from a foreign country where you live, not being forced to mince your words, on the internet, able to travel and your little country isnt a pile of smoking rubble presided over by any variety of laughing psychopaths.

American citizens died making your little world. The best compliment to the world WE have built (on the British foundation) is the ability of those who are alive thanks to us to sit their and spew hate at us.

Say Thank You every day that you live under our umbrella.

My "little" country is approx. the same size as your original 48 states. It was a long way from being a "pile of smoking rubble" during WW11, but instead was supporting Europe while your lot were sitting back hoping to stay out of the conflict.  After Pearl Harbour we also had to stem the new enemy from overrunning our country as well as providing support to the US in the Pacific.

Since then, we have always been the first to support your country in all the wars you start from Vietnam, through Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, etc. 

We helped prop up your "umbrella", which has now become tattered and leaky under attack from within by religious fanatics who no longer have the democratic majority and are waging civil war.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican. But Crooks appeared to have made a $15 donation to a liberal political action committee on Inauguration Day 2021, according to Federal Election Commission records.

So he gave up being a Republican. 

As for the AR15. That just shows you are a stout Democrat and are using this incident to try to make Republicans their fault for this to happen. Also, The gun was registered to the father legally and the shooter took it from his father without the father knowing.

"appeared to have made a $15 donation to a liberal political action committee"

Clutching at straws to turn him into the dreaded enemy!

The father's gun. One of 20 owned by him thanks to conservative's gun policies. Why would anyone need that many firearms and why weren't they kept secure?  Is the father also a Democrat based on similar flimsy evidence?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Yeah, I posted that when i read it online.. But have since been reading that it may not have been the secret service man who shot the killer writing it. It may be from an anonymous prankster. 

However, they have video of the SS man shooting the killer in the head. Clearly showing the SS man had this sniper in his sites for some time before actually taking him down. So it is plausible the SS are at fault here for not shooting him as soon as they him on the rooftop with a rifle. 

Perhaps they were waiting to see how it turned out, like Trump on Jan 6th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

"appeared to have made a $15 donation to a liberal political action committee"

Clutching at straws to turn him into the dreaded enemy!

The father's gun. One of 20 owned by him thanks to conservative's gun policies. Why would anyone need that many firearms and why weren't they kept secure?  Is the father also a Democrat based on similar flimsy evidence?

According to his father he had permission to use it at a shooting range.

15 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I'm sure you can provide a link to that video

They might have been waiting for "Green Light" from the IC(Incident Commander).  Secret Service is not like the military where a sniper can make an indenpendent decision based upon the Rules of Engagement.  Secret Service snipers probably act like Police snipers who need authorization before then can engage.  Anyway Secret Service Director goes in front of Congress on July 22 and hopefully the hearing will be public.  For me the disturbing part is if either of the two SS Counter Snipers actually saw Weeks on the roof before he fired would the IC have given the "Green Light"?  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

They might have been waiting for "Green Light" from the IC(Incident Commander).  Secret Service is not like the military where a sniper can make an indenpendent decision based upon the Rules of Engagement.  Secret Service snipers probably act like Police snipers who need authorization before then can engage.  Anyway Secret Service Director goes in front of Congress on July 22 and hopefully the hearing will be public.  For me the disturbing part is if either of the two SS Counter Snipers actually saw Weeks on the roof before he fired would the IC have given the "Green Light"?  

I mistated the shooters name.  His name is Crooks and not Weeks. .  Apologies for the mistake. 

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

My "little" country is approx. the same size as your original 48 states. It was a long way from being a "pile of smoking rubble" during WW11, but instead was supporting Europe while your lot were sitting back hoping to stay out of the conflict.  After Pearl Harbour we also had to stem the new enemy from overrunning our country as well as providing support to the US in the Pacific.

Since then, we have always been the first to support your country in all the wars you start from Vietnam, through Afghanistan, Iraq, etc, etc. 

We helped prop up your "umbrella", which has now become tattered and leaky under attack from within by religious fanatics who no longer have the democratic majority and are waging civil war.

I do like your response Old Croc, and I would like to add that these days America is seen as a laughing stock/joke, mainly because around 50% of the voting population decided to vote in as president, a compulsive liar, a bankrupt many times over, grifter, thief (stealing from charities), adulterer and someone with very little in the way of a brain; this in itself shows how far America has fallen since its heyday.

It was a key talking point during President Trump’s 2016 campaign, and even before it: The idea that other countries were laughing at the United States. “The world is laughing at us,” he said in May 2016. “They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity,” he said of Mexico in his campaign launch speech. He used the phrase “laughing at us” more than 50 times between 2011 and his election as president. Trump, the argument went, was going to make it stop.

Instead, Trump has been the object of repeated jest and even mockery by fellow world leaders. And it’s been caught on tape!! 

The problem being that some American folk think that they are still in a "revered position" globally, when in fact the world is laughing at its stupidity in wanting to elect a dumb liar and grifter again – – not very smart, but the problem is that the alternative is Biden, and at the moment he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, although he has done well with the economy. Sad times.

54 minutes ago, impulse said:

You mean like those German geniuses that mocked him for suggesting that Germany may not want to tie their economic future to gas from Russia?

How did that age?

Wrong again..........."Instead, Trump has been the object of repeated jest and even mockery by fellow world leaders"

• Sad 1

A second shooter? Earlier today, I saw something about a second shooter. And, based on the Secret Service’s own calculations, one of the shots came from a distance of  over 400 yards.  There’s a witness who thought some shots came from a nearby water tower.  Any updates on this?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jas007 said:

A second shooter? Earlier today, I saw something about a second shooter. And, based on the Secret Service’s own calculations, one of the shots came from a distance of  over 400 yards.  There’s a witness who thought some shots came from a nearby water tower.  Any updates on this?

CNN says forensic audio suggests 3 weapons were fired at the site.  Which (my guess) would probably be the shooter and 2 SS snipers.  Several other CNN blurbs don't seem to raise any alarm about multiple shooters, simply estimating the distance from the shooter to the stage.

I wouldn't put to much credence on a witness who heard shots from a water tower, because of echoes.  If they claimed to see another shooter, that's different.  We'll see if any photos or video show up.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-rally-shooting-07-14-24/index.html  (The 3 weapons blurb is timestamped 5:10 p.m. GMT+8, July 15, 2024)

Audio forensics suggest as many as three weapons fired at Trump rally

Edited by impulse

23 hours ago, jas007 said:

There’s an actual video of the Secret Service snipers up on the roof, looking at the shooter through their scopes for at least 42 seconds during which time they did nothing.

Have a look at these 2 photos.  They explain what I think happened.  Bottom line, I think the SS snipers were looking for the guy for those 42 seconds as opposed to looking at the guy.   Probably because the crowd was shouting.  I think they only saw the guy when he popped up to threaten the cop.  He was on the far side of a gable roof and probably not visible until he popped up. 

One adjustment I'd make to my theory is that the cop wasn't on a ladder.  He was apparently standing on another cop's shoulders and that's partially why he lost his balance and fell away when the shooter threatened him.

Still looking forward the the full report.

screenshot-2024-07-13-at-8.10.59pm-e1720915951207-600x337.jpg

gsabhhfwmaei-pq-600x338.jpeg

Not as a recommended link, but as a fair use attribution:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/07/new-secret-service-identified-rooftop-next-trump-pennsylvania/

On 7/14/2024 at 4:21 PM, KhunLA said:

I owned a few, and had a FFL (Fed Firearms License) to sell & collect firearms.   So I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I'm talking about.

A few of my toys:

1719369626669.jpg

Your lucky you didn't live in NZ during the Labour government. The plod would soon have you locked up as a threat to the dictat and your weapons consigned to the steel mill furnace.

Unless of course you were a gang member and you could have as many as you wanted.

NB the above is satire with a hint of reality in our brave new world.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/16/2024 at 11:03 PM, jas007 said:

If there were 3 shooters what is the chance that none of them could kill Trump, if they wanted to?

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If there were 3 shooters what is the chance that none of them could kill Trump, if they wanted to?

There are also theories floating around that suggest shots were fired from within the building that the shooter was on top of.  I’ve also seen a report that the sniper that killed the kid was specifically told to stand down, but that once the kid started shooting, he shot the kid anyway.

We may never know what really happened.