looking for specific language learning tool // reading

tgw

I started learning Thai with Thaipod101.com. They offer free courses but of course would like you to get a payed one. I did that and though it is far from perfect, I'm happy with it. I learned Thai characters with their video course and all lessons are in Thai, phonetic, English. They have a lot of reading material or links to it...

Hope this helps a bit...

On 7/16/2024 at 2:17 PM, n8sail said:

So it looks like the main "1.Consonants , , , . Long Vowels , อ" page of the Reading course (and indeed some random others I tried) are not passing data to the relevant "Play" page as well?

Spot on! Thanks for alerting me to this. It looks like the fix I put in for "Reading Sentences" broke "Reading Words".  Both should now be working correctly, though you may need to do Ctrl-F5 on the second page for each of these (but only the first time).

The Reading Words second page does seem to be loading strangely slowly, so you may need to wait a few seconds to actually see the words.

• 1 month later...

I've been messing with reading/writing/speaking Thai for several years.  I'm probably an intermediate intermediate level.  I tired of many of the same old reading lesson that I found on traditional Thai language sites.  Several months ago, I started using chatgpt.  It's magic.  You can see some of my links here: