NZ brothers return home after 4 months in Thai custody for assault

webfact

They put a Thai cop in a choke hold, beat him, took his gun, fired it, and they're going home after 4 months? They must have very good Karma. Maybe my next life will be as charmed as theirs seems to be. If they did this in the US, they would look like paint splatter. 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, webfact said:

and they have been blacklisted from re-entering Thailand.

👍

They are lucky to get out after only 4 months, in my modest view too lucky...:whistling:

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Owiee said:

No accounting for the ridiculous actions of some, while on holidays. Imagine if they had tried to pull the same stunt in America. 

Yes back home in wooden boxes 🤷🏼

10 hours ago, baansgr said:

Somewhere between 20-30 million baht..and what's happening about the Swiss lady beater, that's all gone quite

Although not swiss I live there and for a while a whole batch of "swiss " were headline news as the one above indicates other stories like the Thai man killed by swiss husband after entering the couples property undertones being wife liked to gamble and this was her "friend " all headline news then no follow up 

10 hours ago, baansgr said:

Somewhere between 20-30 million baht..and what's happening about the Swiss lady beater, that's all gone quite

Although not swiss I live there and for a while a whole batch of "swiss " were headline news as the one above indicates other stories like the Thai man killed by swiss husband after entering the couples property undertones being wife liked to gamble and this was her "friend " all headline news then no follow up 

15 hours ago, webfact said:

.........the Day family expressed their gratitude for the support received from friends, family, and the New Zealand Government.

WT....??

• Agree 1

The increased delinquency of foreigners in Thailand should be addressed by a permanent ban in the Kingdom. Especially when it is about of attacks against police officers.

Every Thai citizen ought to act as Policeman to surveillance of foreigners.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Wow, I reckon things must be a be different under the Southern Cross. In the States and most other countries with armed officers if you try and take their weapon you'll be shot if not tasered. These two blokes are just lucky there wasn't a motorbike taxi stand nearby. I reckon they've set up their GoFundMe page to pay for their holiday. Banana peelers.

Do you think motorbike taxis will come to the aid of a cop? I'm not so sure, but we don't have any cases to prove it one way or another.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 9:06 AM, Owiee said:

No accounting for the ridiculous actions of some, while on holidays. Imagine if they had tried to pull the same stunt in America. 

Depends on the city...  Look what happened to the cops in NYC last month by some recent arrivals...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/15/2024 at 8:23 AM, mstevens said:

There is no suggestion the New Zealand government was involved. NZ has very strong anti-corruption laws and laws regarding bribery. Any NZ official involved in this sort of thing would be dismissed and it would be massive news in the country and that person would become near unemployable. Where the article says the brothers thanked for the NZ government for their support, that absolutely does not mean the NZ government negotiated to get them out. No way would that happen.

No corruption in NZ but Peter Thiel was able to buy a passport...