Trump picks J.D. Vance as running mate for VP at Republican convention

webfact

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I notice the cult at the convention has taken to wearing similar ear bandages.

They really should do both ears, then they would not have to listen to anyone else at all.

Going to be a landslide win. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That life story actually embodies what is so wrong with American politics. It should inspire Americans to realize theirs is a land of unique opportunity.

Americans have the strongest military in the world. Surrounded by two oceans, invasion is basically impossible. Most other countries live under that threat forever.

Americans have some of the best medical facilities and life support systems. They have some of the cheapest fossil fuels in the world, thanks to the shale revolution. They also have some of the world's best arable land. They have 38 rivers longer than 500 miles, many countries have to make do with less than a dozen. America is self-sufficient in energy and food.

The toolkit of every right-wing politician in America includes the culture of complaint and grievance. It feeds on people who have destroyed themselves with their own life choices, much easier to blame someone else.

I'm sick of hearing Americans whine, like puling children.

The Democrats have shown that invasion is not only possible; it is underway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

51.1 % of the population in America are women.

Unless they are members of the loony Christian nationalist right, it's pretty safe to assume they won't be impressed by old men telling them they can't make their own decisions about their bodies.

Are you forgetting that 100% of women who vote were not aborted?  And a lot of them support the right of fetuses to be born like they were...

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you have anything that supports your false claims, or are you too busy? 

By support, I mean data, not a link to whatever leftist talking point you are regurgitating. 

He's far too busy to support his bull with links. His time is far too valuable to be wasted on that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please close the loop on the stupidity of your comment by confirming you are an anti-vaxxer.

You forgot to play the other cards - flat earth,fascist, racist.

Please try harder with your scripted responses.

• Love It 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

The more I learn about J.D. Vance the more I realize what a horrible pick he is both for Trump as far as helping him get elected and for the world if he does.

The first impression was wrong.

There is still hope to stop the anti democracy maga fascists.

I would say people who play the fascist card are fascists themselves. Definately not normal to talk like that.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It absolutely disagrees with you on the mater of Vance and ‘states choose’/‘National ban’.

I expect the things voters are concerned about also include some other stuff.

Project 2025, Presidents above the law and a SCOTUS that is clearly biased to the extreme Christian rightwing.

Ah yes, anything to deflect from the issues that Americans actually care about.  You could make it a quiz question; 

Name issues that most Americans don't give a rat's a55 about;

a/ Project 2025

b/ Presidential immunity

c/ the makeup of the Supreme Court

The correct answer is "d", all of the above. 

If Biden were such a successful president, the Democrats would be busy running on his record of success. Yet they don't. All they can do is fall back on the old playbook of fearmongering and hate.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Ah yes, anything to deflect from the issues that Americans actually care about.  You could make it a quiz question; 

Name issues that most Americans don't give a rat's a55 about;

a/ Project 2025

b/ Presidential immunity

c/ the makeup of the Supreme Court

The correct answer is "d", all of the above. 

If Biden were such a successful president, the Democrats would be busy running on his record of success. Yet they don't. All they can do is fall back on the old playbook of fearmongering and hate.

1 inflation

2 border chaos

3 dementia

Top 3 achievements. Good ad campaign.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Trump is winning easily.

Against Biden? I think I can agree with you on that, in the current climate.

However ... it looks like Biden is going to stand down for "health" reasons. So we are in a whole new ball game.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The more I learn about J.D. Vance the more I realize what a horrible pick he is both for Trump as far as helping him get elected and for the world if he does.

The first impression was wrong.

There is still hope to stop the anti democracy maga fascists.

He fought his way out of poverty and an addict mother and served his country in Iraq. Unlike Trump he is the real thing and he wants an end to endless wars and for that alone I salute him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That was Vance before he was bought out by billionaires. Pay attention! 

All American Presidents are owned by the billionaires. That's a given Michael Moore who I love says Trump must go by any means necessary. Assasin 2.0 ? Moore says the young pro-Palestinian "Genocide Joe" protestors have derailed Biden's ability to campaign that and his alarming decline.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

18 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

He fought his way out of poverty and an addict mother and served his country in Iraq. Unlike Trump he is the real thing and he wants an end to endless wars and for that alone I salute him.

He's a Yale trained lawyer who worked as a venture capitalist in San Francisco for Robert Thiel who publicly likened Trump to Hitler... A true man of principle...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now that it's looking that the chances of Biden exiting from the nomination have gotten much better to be replaced with a younger candidate, the attention on possible dementia, old age and health issues will shift from Biden to Trump. So people will look much more closely at Trump's VP pick. It will take the non maga fascist cult American public about five seconds to realize that Vance is completely unqualified to be president. 

You're so out of touch with the American folks. Folks care about the basics of life. The democrats have failed.

• Haha 2

On 7/16/2024 at 2:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

So he’s bright enough to graduate Yale law school summa cum laude, so presumably his assessment of Trump was from that same high functioning brain.

Now he’s Trump’s running mate.

You might not think Vance getting into a campaign as running mate with a man he referred to as Hitler and what it tells us about Vance’s principles matters.

Opinions differ.

From nowhere he could be a heartbeat away from the Presidency depending on November's result.

No serious politician would reject that invitation from a seventy-seven year old man.  

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now that it's looking that the chances of Biden exiting from the nomination have gotten much better to be replaced with a younger candidate, the attention on possible dementia, old age and health issues will shift from Biden to Trump. So people will look much more closely at Trump's VP pick. It will take the non maga fascist cult American public about five seconds to realize that Vance is completely unqualified to be president. 

Another linkless, feckless, hopeless offering driven by the dazed and confused.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Are you forgetting that 100% of women who vote were not aborted?  And a lot of them support the right of fetuses to be born like they were...

I guess we will see in December which view of the issue prevails.

• Thumbs Up 1