It’s not us, it’s them!

Bob, I understand how you feel.  This type of experience has happened to me as well.  tried to explain the meaning  what a "regular customer" is to an assistant manager (she actually speaks English well)  and what it means in my culture.  This concept does not appear to translate well.  I stopped going to a local place after 7 years because the service was just awful and rude.  So, unless you live in a really small town find somewhere else go to.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

Bob, I understand how you feel.  This type of experience has happened to me as well.  tried to explain the meaning  what a "regular customer" is to an assistant manager (she actually speaks English well)  and what it means in my culture.  This concept does not appear to translate well.  I stopped going to a local place after 7 years because the service was just awful and rude.  So, unless you live in a really small town find somewhere else go to.  

spot on mate.

there's always next door.

bob.

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Nobody agrees with you, read all the comments on all your threads. Some posters who are bored as well play along with you is what is really happening. 

One post to state my opinion on bobs threads. Here you are as well with a couple of posts. Lets check back tomorrow and see how many more posts we each make.

Edited by marin
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, bob smith said:

But i’ve been to this place many, many times.

they know who I am.

That's the problem Bob

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bob smith said:

spot on mate.

there's always next door.

bob.

But you know the only place in LOS where I get consistent treatment is at 7-11.  The young kids  there are courteous, attentive and can do more than just ring up my beer.  I was really impressed when I went to a local 7-11 where a mob of non English speaking and non Thai speaking Chinese had invaded the location and one was trying to buy a sim card without success. But the kids behind the counter maintained there composure and kept on going.  These 7-11 kids set the example on customer service and all this for a mere 350 Baht per day. I have left generous tips and even Starbucks Gift cards during Christmas at my former usual restaurant and by early January the rude and awful "service" kept going. Rude and poor service is not everywhere in LOS but it does exist and it is only matter of time before someone is lucky enough to feel it. After more than 7 years here I know for a fact that I did not do anything to recieve awful and rude service from anyone in the Thai service industry.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I always tipped handsomely.

Now I feel like I want my money back.

bob.

go ask for it back if that will make you feel happy ....

Just now, bob smith said:

I didn't tip yesterday.

bob.

That's so mean, I'll bet they're absolutely shattered by such a low act.

25 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That's so mean, I'll bet they're absolutely shattered by such a low act.

good.

they need to up their game.

hit em where it hurts is my motto.

right in the pocket!

bob.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

good.

they need to up their game.

hit em where it hurts is my motto.

right in the pocket!

bob.

yep, I'm sure they will miss your over generous Bht 20 tips.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Artisi said:

yep, I'm sure they will miss your over generous Bht 20 tips.

I used to do 100 baht tips regularly.

Now I feel like a complete mug.

But lesson learned.

And if everyone thought the way I do then waitresses would be on the streets.

those 20 baht tips add up.

but yeah, they aint getting anything from me again.

may as well give it to the birds.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, john donson said:

people are tired on this forum with your bull  , so you seem to be the same charming in real life too

what did I do?

just sitting there ordering a meal?

was it my posture?
my shirt?

my hairstyle?

bob.

Edited by bob smith

21 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

That's the crux of it all. Waitresses and waiters get a lot of crapola from some customers and many don't leave tips. 

I never tip, and the restaurants I frequent in Chiang Mai always seem happy that my pal and I eat and drink there.

They also remember our orders and always seem happy to see us.

If they want higher wages, that's between them and their employer, not my business.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I never tip, and the restaurants I frequent in Chiang Mai always seem happy that my pal and I eat and drink there.

If they want higher wages, that's between them and their employer, not my business.

well said mate.

bob.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Tips as pay aren't like they are in the US. Waitresses and waiters get a very small salary and expect tips to compensate. Here they get paid the usual 200-300 baht a day like most other jobs countrywide  and tips are extras. Employers in the states get away with this low salary and it's plain wrong. They should get minimum wage at least. Tips paid are for good service.

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

I don't do it for attention at all.

I do it to highlight the social issues/injustices in this country.

people who don't delude themselves also agree with me.

bob.

I guess you haven't been able to do these kind of postings in the UK, so, now with

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

I don't do it for attention at all.

I do it to highlight the social issues/injustices in this country.

people who don't delude themselves also agree with me.

bob.

The same social and injustices you complain about here, are the same all over the world in all walks of life. I get the impression you're a lonely old man and this forum is your only outlet? Shame I guess, so we will all have to put up with your rantings. 

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

Bob sincerely thanks you for your continued support! :thumbsup:

Damn. I am sure that was not the intention. Must try harder.

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

tried to explain the meaning  what a "regular customer" is to an assistant manager (she actually speaks English well)

Regular customer is “look kaa brajum” 

I doubt if a waitress in a thai restaurant would understand “regular customer”

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

20 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Regular customer is “look kaa brajum” 

I doubt if a waitress in a thai restaurant would understand “regular customer”

And that's why he tried explaining it to an assistant manager who speaks English well, and not a waitress.

5 hours ago, susanlea said:

I feel massaman curry. How about you Bob?

Very strange thing to do, I usually eat mine, did your mother never tell you not to play with your food ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

what did I do?

just sitting there ordering a meal?

was it my posture?
my shirt?

my hairstyle?

bob.

Maybe she was having her period or her boss was being an A-hole. Go back with a smile bob and try again. Ask her if she is in a good mood today "Arom Dee Mia ? "