!!

Where to buy bricks (boxes) to make a retaining wall?

AnotherOneHere

I want to build a retaining wall and I need bricks of this type. So I can stick rebar through and fill it with concrete. Unfortunately there are nowhere to be found. I drove to every local shop selling construction stuff, I visited every big shops like ThaiWatsadu, Global House, HomePro ... . Nothing. All they have are regular thin bricks.

Anybody knows where could I get them? Nakhon Phanom - Sakhon Nakhon - Udon Thani area.

87u6lp.jpg.2b3da4e90886f29c82e38245b3b618f0.jpgxv8440.jpg.94edc158a98b53674bdf4a6a54399e63.jpg

10 minutes ago, AnotherOneHere said:

I want to build a retaining wall and I need bricks of this type. So I can stick rebar through and fill it with concrete. Unfortunately there are nowhere to be found. I drove to every local shop selling construction stuff, I visited every big shops like ThaiWatsadu, Global House, HomePro ... . Nothing. All they have are regular thin bricks.

Anybody knows where could I get them? Nakhon Phanom - Sakhon Nakhon - Udon Thani area.

87u6lp.jpg.2b3da4e90886f29c82e38245b3b618f0.jpgxv8440.jpg.94edc158a98b53674bdf4a6a54399e63.jpg

They, or ones similar to them, are widely available in the better builders merchants or pre formed concrete suppliers.

While is been years since I actually shopped for them I regularly see them for sale. As you can see in all my posts I am in Udon Thani province.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, itsari said:

I had the same problem in finding blocks for a retaining wall .

I ended up making them after making a mold. 

Quite a simple process actually.

IMG_20240718_080738.jpg

IMG_20240718_080724.jpg

Edited by itsari
correction

1 minute ago, itsari said:

IMG_20240718_080738.jpg

IMG_20240718_080724.jpg

IMG_20240718_080738.jpg

However I would recommend forming a concrete retaining wall if you need the wall to stop water penetrating that is more affective than cement blocks filled with concrete.

On 7/16/2024 at 9:02 PM, AnotherOneHere said:

Phitsanulok too far?

On 7/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, AnotherOneHere said:

Building construction material shop will have them – they might be in a store room and not in the shop area, so ask for them, or they might be to order – HomeMart is Cement Thai (SCG), they will either have them in stock or can deliver them; same for Global House, SCG is part owner.

On 7/18/2024 at 8:16 AM, itsari said:

However I would recommend forming a concrete retaining wall if you need the wall to stop water penetrating that is more affective than cement blocks filled with concrete.

All retaining walls should have weep-holes installed as near to the bottom of the face side to stop a build up of water behind the wall which would eventually move the wall.

18 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

All retaining walls should have weep-holes installed as near to the bottom of the face side to stop a build up of water behind the wall which would eventually move the wall.

Yes you are correct as you make any build up of water drain in a controlled manner 

However I was stating that a concrete formed wall is a better choice of retaining wall compared to using blocks filled with concrete 

On 7/18/2024 at 6:23 AM, itsari said:

I had the same problem in finding blocks for a retaining wall .

I ended up making them after making a mold. 

Quite a simple process actually.

What material did you use to make them?

7 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

What material did you use to make them?

I went to a local block maker and asked what aggregate they are using . I then went to a local sand supplier and asked for 5 cubic to be deliverd . I had to order 5 cubic as that was the minimum I could order. 

You mix 4 aggregate and one of cement . Pack in well into the two part mold , turn upside down and lift up . Long as you mix without too much water the block will hold together . Lay on a flat surface.

I could make 25 blocks in a few hours work. 

I can send you a photo of the mold i made if you wish.