Thai PM Denies Terrorism Link to Hotel Deaths, FBI Sends Team

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Lastly, when asked if the upcoming meeting of Russian energy ministers at the same hotel would be affected, Srettha dismissed any need for changes. "It was not related to terrorism or lax security measures, and I think everything is proceeding normally," he said. 

Oh, somebody is afraid to lose face😳😵‍💫🥴😱

He is such a dumb piece of excrement, he says wait until the investigation is complete but before that has even happened he already knows it's not terrorism related.

Another incompetent PM unelected who like his predecessor is a know it all...

No problem.

Soon they will announce that they arrested a few Myanmar nationals who confessed the crime.

They found also a mobile and the id-card of one of the culprits.

• Thumbs Up 1

People can be dim....dim people love conspiracy theories. This story is fertile ground for every conspiracy theory in the book.

The problem is that as per usual, the Thai authorities are unable to manage the situation properly. Rather than investigate the police have issued theory after theory...  they couldn't even get the nationality right.... the sad thing is that due to all this bluster and blunder, we will probably never know for sure what happened ...

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I will be very curious to see what the police forensics reveal, and how they might spin the story. This is probably about the most frank and honest thing that Srettha has ever said in public, since he was appointed as PM. 

I just read that this appears to be a poisoning by one of the members of the group, due to massive debt. Does this make sense? Why take others with you for the ride? That seems exceptionally cruel. 

"“One of the relatives said one of the deceased was an investment agent and all (the deceased) invested, but the business was not going as expected. They made an appointment to discuss the matter in Thailand,” Noppasin said."

Thailand: Cyanide poisoning likely killed six found dead in Grand Hyatt Erawan hotel, including two US citizens, police say | CNN

People are right to be suspicious. Imagine them saying to each other what a great hotel, have you got your passports? Let's go home. No, wait, we forgot the poison.

4 hours ago, wealthychef said:

So if a Russian were killed would the KGB show up to "help?"  Given the FBI's involvement in US scandals and corruption and assassinations themselves, I would hesitate to bring them in for help.  It won't be long before they'll be setting up bombs themselves.  https://www.perplexity.ai/search/the-fbi-is-known-for-entrappin-Qtk1rYcQRlavzYRyTcqbJw 

Why don't you give us some evidence rather than spew hatred and contempt...The FBI has you in their sights

4 hours ago, Cracker2000 said:

Depends which report you read, sounds more like they died their first night there, before they unpacked and bodies not descoverd for 48hrs.

But they were served tea and coffee at 1:xx pm that fetal day.    

Maybe after seeing the horrible last few minutes of her friends/biz partners her plan to flea changed and she drank some too! 

Be careful with smart or any women or man for that matter.  

5 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Cyanide? I thought that cyanide poisoning was excruciatingly painful and death was almost immediate. How come all the cups were empty? Did they perform a toast and so drank together at the same time?

I believe it depends on the amount. 

11 hours ago, PomPolo said:

Smoke and mirrors is the perfect quote, why would the FBI be sent on the death of two Americans, Brits and Americans die all the time here and they don't send the FBI or MI5 for that!...

I think you mean MI6. MI5 deals with home soil issues, MI6 is the  International stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a new and bizarre way to deal with your debts. What can one even say? The hospital investment sounded a bit fishy. Japan does not likely need outside investors for construction of a hospital, does it? 

On 7/17/2024 at 1:54 PM, wealthychef said:

So if a Russian were killed would the KGB show up to "help?"  Given the FBI's involvement in US scandals and corruption and assassinations themselves, I would hesitate to bring them in for help.  It won't be long before they'll be setting up bombs themselves.  https://www.perplexity.ai/search/the-fbi-is-known-for-entrappin-Qtk1rYcQRlavzYRyTcqbJw 

The FBI and IRS has a permanent office at the US consulate in Bangkok. Every murder of a US citizen is investigated. You just don't hear about it. 

Just looks like greed to me. If I understood the story correctly when I did read it a Thai person possibly provided // procured the poison.

That's unfortunate if the the poisoner would have got the substance in Vietnam it would be a lot more vague and elusive and Thailand would be completely off the hook.

I think the deal went bad - got scammed, someone was going to get killed. Therefore, she killed the lot of them rather than return the investment money.