Chaos Erupts in Leeds UK: Streets Ablaze as Rioters Clash with Police

Social Media

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Here's another incident in Whitechapel, London, this was about what's happening in Bangladesh. 

https://www.mylondon.news/news/east-london-news/huge-whitechapel-street-fight-sees-29575176

Absolutely mad.  Like BLM garbage popping up in the UK.

Incidentally, I saw something on Facebook about this, and it said "Support Bangladeshi Students" over the top of screenshots of newspaper headlines that seemed to be saying that Bangladeshi students were violently rioting, so I'm a little confused as to why they should be supported.

It seems like people have started to believe that whoever is doing the protesting must be good, simply due to the fact that they are protesting something.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is Britain's finest, running from the riot in Leeds, most look like kids, university graduates, better seen mincing about at Pride events, total disgrace to the uniform. 

There's a few of them who are struggling to actually run!

Edited by roo860
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

No, just based on the OP where it stated the place has high unemployment. 

Why would the article mention it? Not that the journalism here is always great, but ... 

The guy is on camera, so he will pay the price and do jail time. 

Are you using this incident to make sweeping generalizations about immigrants in Europe? 

You did claim that they had "nothing to lose" , where does it state in the article that they had nothing to lose ?

What makes you think that the rioters were actually unemployed ?

I didn't make any sweeping generalisations about immigrants to Europe 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

How about some Guardian nonsense to balance that, then?

Some Muslim and LGBTQ+ constituents say they would feel uneasy approaching their new MPs including Nigel Farage

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/19/minority-groups-reform-seats-adjust-life-election-success-nigel-farage

But nary a word about whether a Jewish constituent might feel uneasy approaching a Palestine-supporting Muslim MP, or a white pensioner represented by a 30-year old non-white MP. In all cases above - including the Guardian ones - the 'unease' could be wholly misplaced. Is it possible that an MP might actually try to serve all constituents equally, regardless of the MP's party / cultural background.

That Guardian article has an interesting graphic showing the seats where Reform came 2nd. A great majority of them were in the northeast and northwest and Yorkshire - basically areas where Labour was, generally and traditionally, the party of choice.

You mean ‘how about some whataboutary’?!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, sungod said:

All too quick to lay in with the baton on a peaceful St.George's Day march in London though.

The police have actually made an arrest!!!  Not a rioter of course but a white woman not involved in the rioting who was expressing her concern about what the immigrants have done to the neighborhood.   It only took 4 of them to detain her as well... 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You did claim that they had "nothing to lose" , where does it state in the article that they had nothing to lose ?

What makes you think that the rioters were actually unemployed ?

I didn't make any sweeping generalisations about immigrants to Europe 

ok, i confess. i was extrapolating.

3 hours ago, proton said:

Roma then, taking up public housing and social services resources, even the Romanians don't want them. Their culture revolves around begging, shoplifting selling the big Issue and pickpocketing. 

I had a family of Romanians living opposite me in the UK, lovely family, both parents working, they couldn't stand the Roma gypsies.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Enoch could see the UK future, he was a wise man, now the UK will pay the price for being nice to folk from totally different environments/cultures, exactly what Enoch envisaged..........🥴

He was indeed wise. Incredibly intelligent man.

That's exactly why he was demonised using a single quote taken out of context.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

He was indeed wise. Incredibly intelligent man.

That's exactly why he was demonised using a single quote taken out of context.

Welcome back to the thread Jonny.

Have you managed to find a link to substantiate the statement you made earlier, or will you retract the statement?

I’ve underlined the specific statement that you made and that you now need to substantiate.

You made this statement, now back it up or do the right thing and retract it:

On 7/19/2024 at 10:54 AM, JonnyF said:

Social services were trying to remove a 7 month old baby that had sustained head injuries having apparently been dropped out of a window.

So presumably this is your excuse for the riots that ensued?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Some Muslim and LGBTQ+ constituents say they would feel uneasy approaching their new MPs including Nigel Farage

Some muslim and most LGBT types will say anything to keep the lefty media happy.   Of course  any White Straight Christian constituents who would feel uneasy "approaching" a Black , or Muslim or LGBT MP  can be ignored . Their is no reason for anybody  worry about those people, as they can simply be arrested  immediately  they dare to mention their unease

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

It reminded me of the monkeys in a safari park pulling the wipers and aerials of the cars.   

18 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Out of your own mouth, and nobody forced you. 

No forcing required,  one would have to be blind or in denial  not to see the obvious similarities in their behaviour, 

download.jpg.35cb478185029b3512ce0857f1778e4c.jpg

• Thanks 2