American Arrested for Stabbing Australian to Death in Thailand

webfact

33 minutes ago, novacova said:

We don’t know who brought the knife, for all we know either one of them could have brought it and the other took it for self defense. In any case the one or both should have had the mental capacity to not engage and move on. But drunken arrogance got the both of them.

Did you not read the news article quoted in OP? Why are you making up a theory

"What started as a verbal spat quickly escalated into a physical fight, during which Mr. Johnson allegedly drew a knife and inflicted multiple stab wounds on Mr. Ross."

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Aussies need to understand that America is a violent country. 

Because it has a minority population whose males make up only 6% of the U.S. population but are responsible for over 50% of its homicides. Not to mention the fact that it also has a long border with a violent Third World country whose nationals cross into the United States illegally and commit a large number of crimes.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

FAFO....

Aussies need to understand that America is a violent country.  Everyone I know back there is packing some kind of heat when they go out.

Such is life....and alcohol is to blame.  Best if they had some Green.

Sad that Americans live in a country with so much fear for one’s safety. Speaks to a failing country where the citizens are at each other’s throats rather than working to build a more safe, secure country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I for one would be happy if they banned Americans from Thailand.

Please don't say things like that, as an American I'm very sensitive and you've hurt my feelings. 😄

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

Because it has a minority population whose males make up only 6% of the U.S. population but are responsible for over 50% of its homicides. Not to mention the fact that it also has a long border with a violent Third World country whose nationals cross into the United States illegally and commit a large number of crimes.

Except that the documentation of fact does not agree with your opinion …

6 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Why do people carry knives? The last thing I would ever do is go out with a knife in my pocket, it just doesn't enter my head to do so.  Alcohol + knives (or guns) + testosterone = trouble.

The 'hard man' has ruined the lives of the aussie's famliy and ruined his own life - for what?

Well, in the US most working men (those that use their hands for work. Keyboards do not count) carry a knife. You never know when you'll need one on the job, and not for self protection.

I started to carry a knife since my early teens in the Boy Scouts in Alaska. Never stopped. Now I carry one that opens automatically with one hand. Some of us old folks would call it a switchblade. 😮 Then when your one hand is holding something that you cannot let go of, the other can pull your knife out, open it and use it. 🙂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Sad and tragic accident. Hope they learn their lesson from this. 🙏

I wouldn’t say it was an accident this was a stabbing not once but several times that cost an individual his life . The American will regret his actions when he is sentenced to life in a Thai prison with as many as 50 to a cell sleeping on a concrete floor and living in fear of being raped I hope he enjoys his stay I’ve zero sympathy 

• Agree 1

My first question upon reading the news story was this:

Is the ER where he was taken considered a LEVEL ONE trauma care center?

image.png.76f77fb7388f0988f21a7db8ec0fa4b4.png

And, could he have been saved?

image.png.4b96e14d335df1214136b7b70eb45b88.png

Philly has a Level One Trauma center.

But, not so sure about Krabi.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RT555 said:

I've Never seen a drunk Aussie back down from a confrontation... 

Quite right, we seem to be missing the self preservation gene  :whistling: especially when you have a gut full of piss

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

Please don't say things like that, as an American I'm very sensitive and you've hurt my feelings. 😄

Sounds like the killer was also a very sensitive type also.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, petermik said:

The American has a Thai wife...footage on Thai TV News shows the American going to his residence and returning with the knife......murder.

It was always murder. If he went home to get the knife that makes it pre-meditated murder

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Except that the documentation of fact does not agree with your opinion …

Well, in that case, I guess I'll have to sue the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for posting false documentation on the Internet-----which, incidentally, you can easily access. In fact, if it wasn't against the rules I would have posted the link to it.

40 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Sad that Americans live in a country with so much fear for one’s safety. Speaks to a failing country where the citizens are at each other’s throats rather than working to build a more safe, secure country.

Yeah - they have to keep guns at home to protect themselves from intruders and train their kids how to respond in the event of a mass shooting, but at least they're 'free'. /sarcasm off

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Sad and tragic accident. Hope they learn their lesson from this.

A sick attempt at satire doesn't work in this kind of story though, did you consider that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Preliminary investigations suggest that the two men were strangers

Frank was also very hotheaded, and a drunkard, who would never back down.

Strangers in the Night?

So anyway, I guess the Knife Fight with the Stranger in the Night, which sent the Aussie to sleep, and from Krabi to Eternity, must have looked a bit like this:

Who in their right mind gets into a knife fight?

That's just dumb.

And, who carries a large knife wherever they go?

Still, a great scene on film.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1